Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:00 AM

107 posts, read 432,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar08 View Post
Hawaii has no chance against a powerful SEC team like Georgia, Hawaii hasn't faced a team nearly this good the whole year and there will be nothing Colt Brennan can do.
Yeah listen Colt Just the QB , but the rest of the Team is With Colt , Hawaii faced no body but we got a no Loss Record , No body want to play HAwaii so shut up ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 08:14 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh It's Me View Post
Yeah listen Colt Just the QB , but the rest of the Team is With Colt , Hawaii faced no body but we got a no Loss Record , No body want to play HAwaii so shut up ,
They play a loaded Florida team to open 2008 and it won't be pretty. Hawaii is a fraud and they will be exposed during their next two games.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:29 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
I say if they can stay within 28 points against Georgia, they will be validated. Lets not forget the average bowl season produces at least 2 or 3 blowouts of teams that everybody had given credit too all year long.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:01 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times
What's Hawaii O-line like? Do they have much of a shot at protecting Brennan?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:47 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
What's Hawaii O-line like? Do they have much of a shot at protecting Brennan?
They have been averaged, I think they gave up about 2 or 3 sacsk a game. Georgia has the best d-line in the SEC, so that might make Hawaii's o-line seem down right bad.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:50 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
At least USC scheduled what should have been 2 very tough non conference games. They didn't know that Notre Dame and Nebraska would both crumble this year. Most teams go down to the bakery and pick up cupcake games as Lou Holtz said. USC tried to toughen their schedule. I have a hard time holding it against them that Notre Dame and Nebraske weren't as good as usual. Also Oregon finished unranked, but that was because of losing their starting qb for the last 3 games which they lost all of. USC beat them when they were 100%.

Not sure why I'm arguing for anyone because I have no college team that I favor. I just want to see something that looks legitimate that allows more than 2 teams a shot. Like I said, a Plus 1 is better than nothing. But it certainly would still leave plenty of potential flaws.
Agreed. A Plus 1 game is being talked about a lot these days. I would like to see them drop that game right in there the week before the Superbowl too.

What bugs me is watching how everybody spends the season waiting for the BCS to fail. What if LSU and USC would have just gone undefeated this year and met up for the Championship? Who would argue that? Probably nobody. But what's the fun in that?

You don't hear anybody complaining about the Road to the Final Four in basketball, but could you imagine messing with the bowl games? I can't think of it now, but I'm sure there'll be a whole new set of honks P'ing and moaning about a Plus 1 format. But it would seem to validate that trophy a bit, now wouldn't it?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 PM

23 posts, read 60,109 times
People can talk all they want about offense, and I know that Hawaii has a good one, but winning football games against good opponents is all about defense. Where is Hawaii's defense ranked right now...exactly, you are kidding yourself if you think that a Hawaii team that gave up 256 rushing yards to Washington will be able to stop Knowshon Moreno. It will be kind've hard for Colt to rack up the kind've yardage he's used to when he only gets 5 offensive series, ball control folks.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:55 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSpinks View Post
People can talk all they want about offense, and I know that Hawaii has a good one, but winning football games against good opponents is all about defense. Where is Hawaii's defense ranked right now...exactly, you are kidding yourself if you think that a Hawaii team that gave up 256 rushing yards to Washington will be able to stop Knowshon Moreno. It will be kind've hard for Colt to rack up the kind've yardage he's used to when he only gets 5 offensive series, ball control folks.
I don't think too many people are EXPECTING Hawaii to play a close game. However, its the big IF. Everybody thought Ohio State had a chance against Florida last year and got trounced. What if even though Hawaii is expected to get slaughtered they are able to hold withing 2 or 3 touchdowns? Or less? I think they are playing to win, but also playing for respect. The only thing IMO that can take away respect is a thorough thrashing, like Oklahoma suffered to USC 55-19 about 3 years ago in the championship. Then I will say Hawaii was overated.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:52 PM

107 posts, read 432,185 times
Brennan and Hawaii spotted Washington a 21-0 first-quarter lead, but completed a 12-0 season with a 35-28 victory over the Huskies.
Brennan was 42-of-50 for 442 yards against Washington, including a school-record 20 straight. He was 6-of-6 on the 76-yard drive for the winning touchdown with 44 seconds to play. From the 5, coach June Jones wanted to run the ball, but Brennan was certain the Huskies would be in a man defense and sold Jones on a pass.By Harry King
THE MORNING NEWS

Phillip Kisubika of Red and Black, a Georgia student paper, has a great article taking a look at the game.
"Obviously the SEC talent across the board is superb - it's what they consider the best in college football," Brennan said. "We're coming up against a monster ... I'm expecting a dogfight and for us to fight for everything we get."

Of Brennan, Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford said, "He's awesome. He's got a quick release, he's accurate, he's got a big-time receiving corps. They're playing great."

Old 12-05-2007, 10:26 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I thought that game was awesome, by the way.

I was bummed when I saw the score at 21-7 or 28-7 at one point. I was bummin more when I saw Mizzou choking the night away. So much for Big 12 dominance.

WACky conference or not, I've seen a couple of Boise State/Hawai'i games this year and they look as impressive to me if not more so, than any other teams from any other conference out there.

The Colorado-Oklahoma game was good. I would like a Fat-Head of that blonde-haired Okie kid cwyying his widdow eyes out! That was great. The Oklahoma goes on and beats the Missouri Tigers! These in-conference games kill me sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football