U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:22 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,876,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
No time to be raising prices especially when many have the equivalent of a mini-jumbotron and reasonably priced snacks in their living room.

Agree 100%. NFL acknowledged this issue as well.
When you start thinking more about the expense of attending a fall game at 40 degrees, than the experience of gameday, you have issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 PM

328 posts, read 328,713 times
I cannot believe this coach still has a job after last week. Unless I missed something.

He knows his job is on the line and left a badly injured QB in the game only because he had no more QBs prepared and he needs to win.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:48 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,876,260 times
The TV coverage showed the third string QB trying to go in, but he couldn't find the right helmet to wear. He put it on and tried to adjust it but it was too big, then went back to get a different one. Then the hobbled QB went in since it appeared #3 didn't have his gear ready.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:41 AM

2,034 posts, read 2,429,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
I cannot believe this coach still has a job after last week. Unless I missed something.

He knows his job is on the line and left a badly injured QB in the game only because he had no more QBs prepared and he needs to win.
I think his days are numbered hence the snark and arrogance you see in his pressers. He's very defensive. One thing is clear, he gets paid a lot of money and has not lived up to the demands of the job. In hindsight, Sumlin would have been a much better hire.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:55 AM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Disclaimer: I really don't care how well any particular college football team performs.

All this angst over what used to be an amatuer sport which has devolved into people bragging about what group of out of state blue-chippers they managed to sneak in under normal admissions standards while paying them under the table.

That being said, at least Michigan still has a great school while many other schools are crud. It's especially funny when people start bragging about stuff like SEC vs. Big 10 where academically it's as lopsided as it is for football...only in the other direction.

Sheesh Michigan, start shelling out some more dirty money and loosen up the studen pricing and you'll be back to business as usual. Yay?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:07 PM

14,260 posts, read 23,991,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That being said, at least Michigan still has a great school while many other schools are crud. It's especially funny when people start bragging about stuff like SEC vs. Big 10 where academically it's as lopsided as it is for football...only in the other direction.

Sheesh Michigan, start shelling out some more dirty money and loosen up the studen pricing and you'll be back to business as usual. Yay?

Michigan might be a great school academically ... BUT how many of its athletes would qualify for admission based on their academic records?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:02 PM

3,093 posts, read 4,136,204 times
Quote:
Disclaimer: I really don't care how well any particular college football team performs.

All this angst over what used to be an amatuer sport which has devolved into people bragging about what group of out of state blue-chippers they managed to sneak in under normal admissions standards while paying them under the table.

I don't think academic smack makes many Michigan fans feel good when they're getting pounded by the yokels at Ohio State every year. Lol

I think Hoke has been a HUGE failure. Michigan needs to get over this "Michigan Man" crap and hire a coach that can revive the program. Luckily, the bet man for the job might just happen to be a Mich Man.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Michigan might be a great school academically ... BUT how many of its athletes would qualify for admission based on their academic records?
Not many. A point I referenced in the 2nd sentence of my post...which you oddly clipped out and then questioned me about.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I don't think academic smack makes many Michigan fans feel good when they're getting pounded by the yokels at Ohio State every year. Lol

I think Hoke has been a HUGE failure. Michigan needs to get over this "Michigan Man" crap and hire a coach that can revive the program. Luckily, the bet man for the job might just happen to be a Mich Man.
I don't disagree.

My point is that it's kinda dumb to get all bent out of shape over another school paying a bunch of relatively stupid kids from around the country to come run a ball around the field better than your equivalent group.

Kinda like I didn't care much when Michigan managed to cheat their way to the NCAA finals by paying most of the Fab 5 to come play for them.

Honestly, where is the accomplishment or pride in stuff like that?

Old 10-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 29 days ago)

58,182 posts, read 40,987,158 times
Quote:
I don't disagree.

My point is that it's kinda dumb to get all bent out of shape over another school paying a bunch of relatively stupid kids from around the country to come run a ball around the field better than your equivalent group.

Kinda like I didn't care much when Michigan managed to cheat their way to the NCAA finals by paying most of the Fab 5 to come play for them.

Honestly, where is the accomplishment or pride in stuff like that?
Those no longer seem the point of big time college athletics, it's all about the $$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or