U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 02:43 PM

2,413 posts, read 3,426,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I think this just goes to show how overrated the Big Ten conference is. Wasn't Wisconsin in the top 5 in the country in Points allowed per game and then a third string freshman QB comes into his first full college football game and he blows out "the best D in the Big 10". And then Wisconsin having the 4th most rushing yards per game in the country coming into the game gets only 76 yards. What does this Ohio State-Wisconsin game say about the rest of the Big Ten offenses (outside of Ohio State)?
Cardale Jones is actually a RS Soph...this is his 3rd yr here in the system.
Most of us fans knew he had the strongest arm of our 3 QBs. He was also the least accurate with it. He worked his butt of all year long thought to improve his accuracy, and it showed. He knows the offense, he's a smart football player. The reason JT beat him out during summer camp and 2 a days was JT is a better, more natural born leader and is a bit more athletic. JT also worked harder in the film room than anyone on the team. Finally, Urban Meyer and Tom Hermann have excellent track records of QB development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 05:52 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,381,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Cardale Jones is actually a RS Soph...this is his 3rd yr here in the system.
Most of us fans knew he had the strongest arm of our 3 QBs. He was also the least accurate with it. He worked his butt of all year long thought to improve his accuracy, and it showed. He knows the offense, he's a smart football player. The reason JT beat him out during summer camp and 2 a days was JT is a better, more natural born leader and is a bit more athletic. JT also worked harder in the film room than anyone on the team. Finally, Urban Meyer and Tom Hermann have excellent track records of QB development.
My mistake on not realizing his proper year. While all of this is valid and accurate the fact remains that he was still a 3rd string QB, and it was his first actual start against what was considered the best D in the big 10, and he blew that D out of the water. It says a lot about (Cardale Jones), he is impressive. It also says a lot that a 3rd string QB making his first start made all the other QBs in the conference look incompetent because they created the circumstances that lead Wisconsin to being called the best D in the big ten (when speaking about the average points allowed per game, coming into the OSU game).

Old 12-08-2014, 06:26 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,256,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I think this just goes to show how overrated the Big Ten conference is. Wasn't Wisconsin in the top 5 in the country in Points allowed per game and then a third string freshman QB comes into his first full college football game and he blows out "the best D in the Big 10". And then Wisconsin having the 4th most rushing yards per game in the country coming into the game gets only 76 yards. What does this Ohio State-Wisconsin game say about the rest of the Big Ten offenses (outside of Ohio State)?
Big Ten weak? Lol, that can't possibly be because in the other thread I'm telling you Oregon's defense sucks and you're saying it's doesn't, its because Oregon's opponents are offensive powerhouses...Michigan St ring a bell?

Old 12-08-2014, 06:40 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,381,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Big Ten weak? Lol, that can't possibly be because in the other thread I'm telling you Oregon's defense sucks and you're saying it's doesn't, its because Oregon's opponents are offensive powerhouses...Michigan St ring a bell?
First of all Wisconsin didn't play Michigan St. so that doesn't take away from what I was saying. There are two strong teams in the Big 10 as far as I'm concerned Michigan St. and Ohio State. Two strong teams does not make a good conference. A weak/mediocre/overrated Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, and Purdue make a pretty terrible conference. Put any of those teams into the PAC-12, SEC or Big 12 and they I'm willing to bet they wouldn't make it very far.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:22 PM

2,749 posts, read 2,370,127 times
Bielema left Wisconsin for Arkansas 2 years ago & 2 years later Andersen leaves Wisconsin for Oregon State. It's strange to have 2 coaches leave within this amount of time before the bowl game.

Is it normal for coaches to announce they're leaving before the bowl game? I would think they would wait to announce this until after the bowl game ended , but maybe it's not fair to the players to coach with a divided heart or there are rules against it.

Gary Andersen leaving UW for Oregon State - JSOnline

Old 12-10-2014, 07:20 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,557,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Bielema left Wisconsin for Arkansas 2 years ago & 2 years later Andersen leaves Wisconsin for Oregon State. It's strange to have 2 coaches leave within this amount of time before the bowl game.

Is it normal for coaches to announce they're leaving before the bowl game? I would think they would wait to announce this until after the bowl game ended , but maybe it's not fair to the players to coach with a divided heart or there are rules against it.

Gary Andersen leaving UW for Oregon State - JSOnline
Wow, I wouldn't think a coach would leave Wisconsin for Oregon State, not exactly a powerhouse. What does that say about the Wisconsin job? Oh yeah, by the way, nice tank job in the Big 10 championship game, and screwing TCU/Baylor out of the playoffs.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Wow, I wouldn't think a coach would leave Wisconsin for Oregon State, not exactly a powerhouse. What does that say about the Wisconsin job? Oh yeah, by the way, nice tank job in the Big 10 championship game, and screwing TCU/Baylor out of the playoffs.

It says the problem is likely Barry Alvarez the athletic director. In the working world, if someone leaves for a job that has less pay or less prestige, then one has to look at the boss over that individual. Andersen said the move was because he prefers the West (I don't blame him), and because of family, but I strongly wonder if he had enough of Barry Alvarez. Melvin Gordon spoke with coach Andersen shortly after the announcement of leaving for Oregon State & Gordon said Andersen sounded hurt & he heard "hurt in his voice." Now if it was Andersen's choice to leave, then why would he sound so hurt?

Wisconsin Badgers coach Gary Andersen leaving to take Oregon State job - ESPN

And this,
Video: Campus Insiders' Pete Fiutak thinks Barry Alvarez 'probably' forced out Gary Andersen : Sports

Old 01-01-2015, 01:48 PM

My goodness they actually won a bowl game. They may be 1-4 in the last 5 bowl games & it may have taken overtime to beat a team who finished .500 in their conference, but count it, UW-Madison won a bowl game.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:54 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,762,066 times
good job badgers .. as a bama fan i`m a fan of anybody who`s beating cowburn ...

Old 01-01-2015, 02:04 PM

1,579 posts, read 982,965 times
Killer game from Wisconsin's big boys.. I was basically an impartial observer, and this Outback Bowl was the best performance I've seen from an offensive line this season.

Wisconsin's O-Line, Gordon, et al., put 400 rushing yards on Auburn's defense. Great game, and good win..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football