U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2017, 06:01 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,510,047 times
Reputation: 1143

Advertisements

They haven't beaten anyone good yet. If they get past OSU next week, I'd guess they'll get killed in the first round of the playoffs much like OSU and MSU the past couple years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-25-2017, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
3,309 posts, read 2,301,476 times
Reputation: 4725
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
They haven't beaten anyone good yet. If they get past OSU next week, I'd guess they'll get killed in the first round of the playoffs much like OSU and MSU the past couple years.


Oh please! Like fans of the "privleged programs" like to say- they can only play who they are scheduled to play. The cry "The beat everyone on their schedule, no one else did that" only works for the Chosen Few, apparently.
Besides, even if the Badgers went 13-0 including a road victory over the New England Patriots, they STILL would be left out of the Playoff in favor of a 9-4 SEC team or a 10-3 Ohio State team; heck an 8-5 Ohio State team for that matter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 06:31 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,510,047 times
Reputation: 1143
Wow, get over yourself. They're a good team. They haven't proven they're championship contenders. Big 10 teams just can't compete with the Bama/Auburn/Clemson/FSU's of the world. Exception being Zeke, that dude was insane. Let's assume they win next week. If you think they can go in and take out Auburn or Clemson, you're a great Wisconsin fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Caverns measureless to man...
7,247 posts, read 4,670,946 times
Reputation: 16388
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Wow, get over yourself. They're a good team. They haven't proven they're championship contenders. Big 10 teams just can't compete with the Bama/Auburn/Clemson/FSU's of the world. Exception being Zeke, that dude was insane. Let's assume they win next week. If you think they can go in and take out Auburn or Clemson, you're a great Wisconsin fan.
I may not see that much college ball, but I wasn't that impressed with Bama today. And who've they played this year? I don't know that their schedule was that much tougher than Wisconsin's.

I sure wouldn't favor the Badgers against Clemson or Auburn, but do believe they're capable of winning in an upset. They don't have the offense to put up a lot of points against a team like that, but their defense could keep them within one score til the end. It would be a game worth watching, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 07:06 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,747 posts, read 2,368,848 times
Reputation: 2607
I can’t stand Wisconsin ( see my earlier posts), but this UW team can play. Top notch defense, strong 2nd half play, and great coaching. Even if they dont beat an Alabama/auburn type team I bet they’d take them down to the wire better than any other top 3 team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 07:42 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,510,047 times
Reputation: 1143
Bama's weakness is their QB. He was awful in the playoffs last year, he's the reason they lost, and he was awful today. 2 of his best 3 throws came when he crossed the line of scrimmage before the throw. (The last one wasn't called.)

But they would destroy Wisconsin, OSU, PSU, MSU, or Michigan. Buckeye fans were saying similar things with their great defense (which was pretty great if I recall) last year before the Clemson match, and they lost 31-0. These teams just aren't good enough to hang with the top teams.

Anyway, we will see what happens next week. Maybe this will be another 59-0 loss to OSU's backup QB, and this conversation will be irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,747 posts, read 2,368,848 times
Reputation: 2607
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
But they would destroy Wisconsin, OSU, PSU, MSU, or Michigan. These teams just aren't good enough to hang with the top teams.

Maybe this will be another 59-0 loss to OSU's backup QB, and this conversation will be irrelevant.
Huh?
Nobody in the nation could beat OSU that year with their (OSU's) "backup QB." Not Alabama or any other playoff team. But I guess Big 10's not "good enough to hang with the top teams" even though OSU won the championship that year with a backup QB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 08:31 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,510,047 times
Reputation: 1143
Does Wisconsin have someone on Zeke's level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
10,511 posts, read 8,756,105 times
Reputation: 12192
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Bama's weakness is their QB. He was awful in the playoffs last year, he's the reason they lost, and he was awful today. 2 of his best 3 throws came when he crossed the line of scrimmage before the throw. (The last one wasn't called.)

But they would destroy Wisconsin, OSU, PSU, MSU, or Michigan. Buckeye fans were saying similar things with their great defense (which was pretty great if I recall) last year before the Clemson match, and they lost 31-0. These teams just aren't good enough to hang with the top teams.

Anyway, we will see what happens next week. Maybe this will be another 59-0 loss to OSU's backup QB, and this conversation will be irrelevant.
This is the "new look" in the NFL, why not in college? I would like to see them ranked #1, this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 07:47 AM
 
Location: South Florida
4,816 posts, read 5,362,260 times
Reputation: 4859
Great win Bucky!!
Woot woot!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top