U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 07:54 PM

3,176 posts, read 4,640,603 times

Advertisements

I can't believe no one has mentioned "On Wisconsin". From the thousands of HS sporting events I've either played in or attended, it has to be the most popular fight song duplicated right after the Notre Dame Victory March. I'd put Michigan's fight song third.

I've got to say when it comes to power, the USC band playing their fight song or any rendition close is unequalled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 08:14 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,560,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Witch university has the best fight song.

I'm a longhorns fan but, USC(trojans) definitely have the best fight song.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:38 PM

4,888 posts, read 3,975,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I don't pay much attention to fight songs, but do have to say Oklahoma's "Boomer Sooner" has to be the most annoying - repeating Boomer Sooner overandoverandoverandoverandover............

The A&M fight song is pretty distinctive, but they need to change their lyrics - as it is mostly about the dreaded T-sips in Austin. I'll bet their new SEC bros are a bit confused about that.
This one ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPD2-gwsvpc

Old 08-14-2014, 10:15 PM

242 posts, read 223,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I actually like Tennessee fight song. Rocky top right.
after you listen to it for the 1000th time (during one game) it gets old.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:47 AM

3,176 posts, read 4,640,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
That's pathetic. Couldn't they find anyone that sounded dumber to sing this "fight song".

Old 08-17-2014, 08:03 AM

3,093 posts, read 4,136,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
That's pathetic. Couldn't they find anyone that sounded dumber to sing this "fight song".
Lol, the Shirley Q parody. That ones a classic for sure. First heard it ten years ago.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:28 PM

2,413 posts, read 3,427,802 times
I'm biased but I Ohio State's fight song "Buckeye Battle Cry" is the best.

Michigan's is just awful as is Oklahoma's.

I do like Texas' fight song and ND's.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:15 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,126,454 times
Oklahoma's melody is extremely memorable, so they put memorable words to go with the melody!

Michigan's lyrics follow the downbeat of the bass drums, which is very easy for even the least musical fan to follow.

USC's Fight On song is excellent, and their band is very colorful and complete with spectacular trojan uniforms and Hollywood dark glasses!

Old 10-14-2014, 03:34 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,126,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I can't believe no one has mentioned "On Wisconsin". From the thousands of HS sporting events I've either played in or attended, it has to be the most popular fight song duplicated right after the Notre Dame Victory March. I'd put Michigan's fight song third.

I've got to say when it comes to power, the USC band playing their fight song or any rendition close is unequalled.
You're right! Many high schools do play that same fight song all over America! It's a great fight song!

However, the last time I believe I heard On, Wisconsin! was briefly in a Beach Boys song, Be True to Your School! It was played on a synthesizer right before Dennis Wilson's guitar riff!

I'm not sure I've ever really heard On, Wisconsin in an actual Wisconsin football game. Isn't the marching band playing a different Wisconsin song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7sLDziV2hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK8vw74j6zU

Old 10-16-2014, 07:11 AM

727 posts, read 1,135,661 times
Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Texas, and Tennessee are well known. I also like both of GA Tech's songs and I also like Kansas' "I'm a Jayhawk." I have never heard that Wisconsin song played at a high school game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or