Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:02 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,037,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, Oh please you were 9-4 with Johnny football last year. That's about where you were in the Big 12
Imagine what Texas record would have been last year in the sec lol. Imagine if Texas was to play a&m right now. Your output would be an embarrassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 01:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Baylor too. I think Baylor might win the big 12 this year
True. I forgot about those guys.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Lol, come back and talk to me when they Aggies win a national championship. Texas is down right now, beacuse Mack Brown put it on cruise control the last five years and let the programs fall apart. But anybody who thinks we're going to stay that way is moron. All the loser schools like A&M, Baylor, Tech who haven't won anything of significance the last 75 years better have their fun while they can, because when Texas comes back(and we WILL come back, we always do) its back to being irrelevant for the schools in this state.
Hey, I'm not even an Aggie fan. But even if we give credence to your lame argument, you just made my point for me. For even when Texas was riding high, they were padding their win/loss record against 'loser schools' and then performing its annual El Foldo against someone, whether it's Oklahoma or Kansas State.

Come back and talk to the room about the vaunted Longhorns when it actually has done something of note this decade.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:20 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Lol, Oh please you were 9-4 with Johnny football last year. That's about where you were in the Big 12
A&M's last four years in the Big 12 under Mike Sherman were:

2008 4-8
2009 6-7
2010 9-4
2011 7-6

The last two in the SEC under Kevin Sumlin:

2012 11-2
2013 9-4

It is simply fact that A&M is a much better team today under Sumlin than it was under either Mike Sherman or Dennis Franchione.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hey, I'm not even an Aggie fan. But even if we give credence to your lame argument, you just made my point for me. For even when Texas was riding high, they were padding their win/loss record against 'loser schools' and then performing its annual El Foldo against someone, whether it's Oklahoma or Kansas State.

Come back and talk to the room about the vaunted Longhorns when it actually has done something of note this decade.
Who's your school? Texas won a NC in 2005, and played for another in 2009. Texas also has four NC. Unless your school has done better, then I don't want to hear it.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:33 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
A&M's last four years in the Big 12 under Mike Sherman were:

2008 4-8
2009 6-7
2010 9-4
2011 7-6

The last two in the SEC under Kevin Sumlin:

2012 11-2
2013 9-4

It is simply fact that A&M is a much better team today under Sumlin than it was under either Mike Sherman or Dennis Franchione.
Lol, So one good year in the last decade. Yes Aggies you're on your way. Maybe in another 100 years your program will catch up to the Longhorns in terms of NC, All Americans, total wins, Conference titles. Sumlin is a overrated coach who's never won anything. He's teams don't play any defense. 0 national championships, 0 confernece titles. He couldn't even win a conference title with U of H in crappys ass conferrence USA.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Lol, come back and talk to me when they Aggies win a national championship. Texas is down right now, beacuse Mack Brown put it on cruise control the last five years and let the programs fall apart. But anybody who thinks we're going to stay that way is moron. All the loser schools like A&M, Baylor, Tech who haven't won anything of significance the last 75 years better have their fun while they can, because when Texas comes back(and we WILL come back, we always do) its back to being irrelevant for the schools in this state.
Texas is down right now. You got that right. Mack Brown did put it on cruise control. And Deloss Dodds let him do that. Mack dug a big hole for Charlie Strong. Deloss' "we are the Joneses" focus on revenue instead of on field excellence created the tailspin the football team finds itself in.

Of course Texas will come back. They have too much money to stay down forever. But this down period could last longer. Texas is recruiting poorly. A&M and Baylor are more attractive to recruits right now. Texas was just 74-52-2 in the 11 years of David McWilliams and John Mackovic.

I like Strong. He is 180 degrees opposite Mack in style. I think Strong needs to find his way though - he still has to find a positive way to motivate his players. There were only 60,000 at the UCLA game last week.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Lol, So one good year in the last decade. Yes Aggies you're on your way. Maybe in another 100 years your program will catch up to the Longhorns in terms of NC, All Americans, total wins, Conference titles. Sumlin is a overrated coach who's never won anything. He's teams don't play any defense. 0 national championships, 0 confernece titles. He couldn't even win a conference title with U of H in crappys ass conferrence USA.
Wait - didn't you say what matters is what is happening now? I don't care what has happened in history older than ten years. Too many things change - most of all coaches.

You argue like someone 15 years old. Write like one too.

All I have said about the Aggies is that they are much better under Sumlin. I didn't say they are the greatest.

You aren't going to try to brag about Texas conference titles in recent history are you?

Old 09-15-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Who's your school? Texas won a NC in 2005, and played for another in 2009. Texas also has four NC. Unless your school has done better, then I don't want to hear it.
Auburn fan here. Won our natty in 2010 and played for another in 2013. What's more, we were screwed out of the national championship picture in 2004, when we marched undefeated through the year's toughest schedule. More importantly, we play year-in and year-out in a much, much tougher conference. In previous seasons, all you had to do is beat Oklahoma while we're locking horns with Bama, Georgia, TAMU, and LSU, Arky, Ole Miss, and Miss State, every year, while having to deal with the likes of South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee in off years.

And you couldn't even handle doing that on a consistent basis, despite your embarrassingly low strength of schedule, incredible recruiting grounds, money, and brand name. Begone. Return when you have an actual argument.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:58 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,037,574 times
Quote:
That's the past. My son wasn't even born yet in 2009. How is Texas doing now??? Not better than Baylor or a&m for that matter. Will Texas be back someday? Hopefully. But for right now a&m and Baylor are the two premiere Texas teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football