Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I am now awaiting the new rankings where Arizona will surely be in the top 10-15 by virtue of beating the #2 team, on the road at that.
USC and UCLA will smash their brains in.

Adding AU to my overrated list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 01:10 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
USC and UCLA will smash their brains in.

Adding AU to my overrated list.
USC might, but I don't think UCLA is that good. A depleted Longhorns team almost beat them.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:38 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Once again Oregon is outplayed by a physical team. Oregon's line play is nowhere near where it needs to be.
Now I think Oregon is overrated for sure- which I stated earlier, however, Oregon had 3 starting OL injured. They were starting a true freshman and a walk-on. When the line was healthy- vs. Michigan State (and in fact even with a starter out), we were pretty physical. Just cannot do much when a walk-on is playing against the big boys.

What is overrated though is our coaching. Helfrich, Scott Frost, or OC, and or DC are simply over their heads. They truly look confused without the ability to make changes. I mean, seriously, every play was between the tackles. I remember when we actually used our spend to get outside. Guess, that went out when Chip left. I actually think we get blown out by UCLA, possible lose to Washington, get blown out vs. Stanford, lose at Utah.

I can only hope for another Alamo Bowl invite so I can cruise down from Austin.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:53 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, Toche`, DtX4415. I'm not even going mention #13 South Carolina losing to a Missouri team that lost to INDIANA! Yeah the SEC is not overrated.(sarcasm)
Not bad for a team led by a QB with not even a season under him and which loss its top WR's from last season.

MIZ...

...ZOU

Old 10-04-2014, 05:34 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Looks like new additions to this list:

Oregon
Alabama
OU
Baylor (they won, but 0 points in the first half from their offense?)
Texas A&M

Old 10-04-2014, 06:11 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,080 times
I gave a top 3 a while back. They all lost this week. My new pick is Mississippi State to win it all. I'm sure that will change next week.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:16 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,563,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
USC might, but I don't think UCLA is that good. A depleted Longhorns team almost beat them.
the longhorns arent as bad as everyone makes them out to be...

Quote:
you obviously didnt see the UT/Baylor game last year.. Baylor had more points at the half this year than both teams had at the half last year (3-3). it was a ridiculously slow start again this year, and Petty had an off day, but given all of that, the fact Baylor had a very mediocre game against a top 25 defense and still won by 3 possessions is pretty darn good..

Old 10-05-2014, 01:47 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Florida State seems overrated so far. Luckily for them the ACC is completely awful minus Louisville and the Tech's (Georgia * Virginia) as well as Miami when they decide to show up and play, which should protect them for a while.

Honestly, if they played in the SEC west Florida State may finish above Arkansas with the key work being maybe

Old 10-05-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:

Oregon
Alabama
OU
Texas A&M
Until A&M learns how to play defense(something that Sumlin lead teams have yet soon to do) they will always be overrated.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
the longhorns arent as bad as everyone makes them out to be...

you obviously didnt see the UT/Baylor game last year.. Baylor had more points at the half this year than both teams had at the half last year (3-3). it was a ridiculously slow start again this year, and Petty had an off day, but given all of that, the fact Baylor had a very mediocre game against a top 25 defense and still won by 3 possessions is pretty darn good..
Yeah we have a good defense, too bad the rest of the team doesn't bother to show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football