U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 07:53 AM

328 posts, read 329,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
The new levels of self-righteous/high horse comments by some media and arm-chair commentators is remarkable. You'd thought Winston phoned in a terrorist threat by the calls for him to be suspended indefinitely or kicked out of school.

The only reason most of us don't have our "stuff" @ 20 yrs old discussed and dissected is that there was no social media then.

The punishment was more than appropriate for his actions and he should continue to play and learn from his mistakes, like every other 20 year old man since the beginning of time.

Lighten up.
He has been in trouble more then 6 times that we know of and you can bet many were covered up.
One of ESPN shows stated he received a ticket for going 45 in a 10 mph zone on campus and they some how forgave him for it as he was late for an exam.

The kid is a problem and not many 20 year olds in his position could possibly screw up, steal, rape, cheat, speed, lie and attack women and get away with it like he has.

Something tells me the more people dig into his life we will see even more issues with him from the past and the future.

Waiting for Jim Bo or the interim FSU President to step up and tell him one more mistake and you are gone for good.

He is an embarrassment to the school, the students, the team and himself.

He surely was raised incorrectly to act like he is above the law and above all women to abuse them like he has.

Heisman will be the next thing that will be taken away if this continues.

He will never win another one to begin with like many think he would.

Heisman winners are an elite class, look at them, great group of players and men who other then Bush act and do things like right. Classy group, now with his name on the list we have weakened the entire group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 08:03 PM

6 posts, read 6,449 times
The guy is probably taking advantage of his celebrity as many jocks do, and he very well be a young dumb jackazz, but I do not think his statements warrant suspension.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,827 posts, read 33,243,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
I wish he had also been banned from being on The side lines during tonights game.
IMO, that would have punished his teammates. They didn't do anything wrong.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:15 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,769,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
He has been in trouble more then 6 times that we know of and you can bet many were covered up.
One of ESPN shows stated he received a ticket for going 45 in a 10 mph zone on campus and they some how forgave him for it as he was late for an exam.

The kid is a problem and not many 20 year olds in his position could possibly screw up, steal, rape, cheat, speed, lie and attack women and get away with it like he has.

Something tells me the more people dig into his life we will see even more issues with him from the past and the future.

Waiting for Jim Bo or the interim FSU President to step up and tell him one more mistake and you are gone for good.

He is an embarrassment to the school, the students, the team and himself.

He surely was raised incorrectly to act like he is above the law and above all women to abuse them like he has.

Heisman will be the next thing that will be taken away if this continues.

He will never win another one to begin with like many think he would.

Heisman winners are an elite class, look at them, great group of players and men who other then Bush act and do things like right. Classy group, now with his name on the list we have weakened the entire group.
I believe the suspension for a half a game (which then became a game) was sufficient for the infraction. Now my issue is that people are now piling on. Most of the accusations are not substantiated (i.e., rape) and there in lies the problem. The vilification of this 20 year kid in which they want his career stopped in his tracks is way over the top.

I've said it before, the only reason most of us haven't had this type of scrutiny is that social media hadn't been invented yet when you were in your 20s.

Seriously, lighten up!

Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 AM

14,597 posts, read 22,448,133 times
Even if he is bad and did bad things, those who hate and pile on are only hurting and harming themselves.

Meanwhile, he's out preparing to become an NFL star. He could seriously win back-to-back Heismans.

Paul taught that our ability to get along with others is a mark of spiritual maturity. Not much of that going on around here. In fact, most folks these days thrive on becoming career victims. It's a liberal's agenda.

Punish the "bad" people. Coddle the victims. I commend those few who refuse to become the victim. That starts with us refusing to place ourselves in a position to be harmed or threatened.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:29 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,259,168 times
I don't believe he's that bad. The rape deal was unfounded, stealing soda, that's lame. The he11 with Publix, they'll be the first to build massive displays centered around gameday (especially FSU v. FL) peddling their unhealthy chips, dips and soda and Winston won't see a penny of it.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:55 PM

1,573 posts, read 1,433,069 times
If Winston would have been at Texas he would have been dismissed.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:49 AM

2,910 posts, read 3,071,427 times
Don't worry all of you - Florida State will lose soon....

Old 10-15-2014, 03:26 AM

73 posts, read 149,574 times
Default Jameis Winston?

I noticed this morning that his attorney is saying that FSU's policy is for a 'timely' hearing and that, since it's been two years since the incident, it's not timely.

I think that FSU and Winston's attorney are working together to find ways for this to be delayed until the season is over. Then Winston can simply leave school to prepare for the NFL draft and, maybe, the whole thing will be dropped.

I do understand that this would end Winston's problems with the school but I hope that FSU is still investigated and loses their Title IV funding. And, hopefully, the girl's attorney will get most of what little Winston receives for a signing bonus from a team stupid enough to draft him.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:41 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,134,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTales View Post
I noticed this morning that his attorney is saying that FSU's policy is for a 'timely' hearing and that, since it's been two years since the incident, it's not timely.

I think that FSU and Winston's attorney are working together to find ways for this to be delayed until the season is over. Then Winston can simply leave school to prepare for the NFL draft and, maybe, the whole thing will be dropped.

I do understand that this would end Winston's problems with the school but I hope that FSU is still investigated and loses their Title IV funding. And, hopefully, the girl's attorney will get most of what little Winston receives for a signing bonus from a team stupid enough to draft him.
Totally in agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football