U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2014, 05:39 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,639,213 times
Reputation: 297

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Ater this week no one looks really dominant. Alabama barely beat florida, FSU snuck past its opponent and Oregon just beat Wash st.

Ever get the feeling that CF is rigged?
Oh my bad. No, noone looks dominant, not even Alabama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2014, 05:42 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,639,213 times
Reputation: 297
Reason why Im very pessimistic now is it seems the quarterback issues are back and LSU insists on using the worst they can find. Very upseting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2014, 11:52 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,792,267 times
Reputation: 46061
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Ater this week no one looks really dominant. Alabama barely beat florida, FSU snuck past its opponent and Oregon just beat Wash st.

Ever get the feeling that CF is rigged?
I don't call 42-21 barely beating, even if Florida is a sad, sad shadow of its former self.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2014, 11:55 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,792,267 times
Reputation: 46061
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Reason why Im very pessimistic now is it seems the quarterback issues are back and LSU insists on using the worst they can find. Very upseting.
Well, I think LSU has a good chance of going 6-6 this year and actually being the cellar dweller of the SECW. I don't think that's Miles fault as much as having two consecutive years of hemorrhaging guys to the NFL. Auburn went through the same thing after 2010 when we lost 19 starters and even more the next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2014, 08:14 AM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,639,213 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, I think LSU has a good chance of going 6-6 this year and actually being the cellar dweller of the SECW. I don't think that's Miles fault as much as having two consecutive years of hemorrhaging guys to the NFL. Auburn went through the same thing after 2010 when we lost 19 starters and even more the next year.
No I dont fault Les Miles for the quarterback issues. There must be someone such as the Athletic director or someone who wont let Coach Miles and his staff have the freedom of quarterback selection. Somehow they agreed on mettenburger last year, which was a good decision, but other than that it seems your uncle needs to be a famous Blues musician in order to make it as quarterback for LSU. Ironically Mississippi States quarterback is from Louisiana and wanted to play for LSU but they wouldnt work with him on weight issues. Well, if Harris gets to start now all that could possibly be water under the bridge. Well see. He earned it though, and if they shut him down SHAME on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2014, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Central Texas
13,720 posts, read 25,572,573 times
Reputation: 9216
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
No I dont fault Les Miles for the quarterback issues. There must be someone such as the Athletic director or someone who wont let Coach Miles and his staff have the freedom of quarterback selection. Somehow they agreed on mettenburger last year, which was a good decision, but other than that it seems your uncle needs to be a famous Blues musician in order to make it as quarterback for LSU. Ironically Mississippi States quarterback is from Louisiana and wanted to play for LSU but they wouldnt work with him on weight issues. Well, if Harris gets to start now all that could possibly be water under the bridge. Well see. He earned it though, and if they shut him down SHAME on them.
Do you really think Miles won't play the best QB because of interference from the AD? That is absurd.

The favorite player on a team is often said to be the backup QB. I don't think LSU has a good QB on campus.

Jennings is the only QB with experience at LSU. The rest are freshmen, squad men, or transfers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2014, 07:18 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,639,213 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Do you really think Miles won't play the best QB because of interference from the AD? That is absurd.

The favorite player on a team is often said to be the backup QB. I don't think LSU has a good QB on campus.

Jennings is the only QB with experience at LSU. The rest are freshmen, squad men, or transfers.
Yes of course. I'm sure Les Miles is way better than that. IF it "was" up to him I'm sure we wouldn't have had the quarterback issues we've had. There no other explanation that makes sense to me. Les Miles is better than that.

Thinking Jennings should start and not Harris after watching that game is absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Central Texas
13,720 posts, read 25,572,573 times
Reputation: 9216
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Yes of course. I'm sure Les Miles is way better than that. IF it "was" up to him I'm sure we wouldn't have had the quarterback issues we've had. There no other explanation that makes sense to me. Les Miles is better than that.

Thinking Jennings should start and not Harris after watching that game is absurd.
My theory, and that's all it is, is that LSU has been lackluster on offense for a while. Because of that, they struggle to recruit top QBs. Mettenberger was pretty good, but maybe could have been even better with a more imaginative offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2014, 11:59 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,600 posts, read 22,455,116 times
Reputation: 13883
Glad to see that center got punished for stomping on players. That behavior had better stop soon and he should expect retaliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,792,267 times
Reputation: 46061
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Glad to see that center got punished for stomping on players. That behavior had better stop soon and he should expect retaliation.
He was suspended for half a game last year, too. You'd think the boy would learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top