U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 03:28 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,882,421 times

Advertisements

Bama, FSU, Oregon, Baylor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 06:10 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,711,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
i meant you clearly didnt watch the Baylor - Tech game.

Miller would have OSU at 12-0 right now, huh? thats a pretty bold statement. theres no telling what could happen from week to week. maybe one of those games Barrett did so well in Miller would of blundered. you never know.
oh and when did "Baylor barely get by a horrific Kansas team"? i was at the homecoming game when we played Kansas. the final score was 60-14. thats close? i think you are confusing Baylor and TCU. TCU barely beat Kansas. final score, 34-30..
i already stated my top 4 a few weeks ago.

Alabama
Oregon
Florida State
Baylor

did we play terrible this week and pull out a Florida State style win? yes. should we drop in the rankings because of it? does FSU drop every time they have one of their insanely close bouts with some random unranked team?
OSUs 3rd string qb would be a "starting qb for any big 12 team"? lmao.. right. maybe for Kansas or Iowa State.
im well aware of ESPNs desires to get OSU into the playoffs. they have a huge fan base. TCU and Baylor are measly little schools compared to OSU. of course they are going to want the teams that bring in the most money.
lol.. you just proved right there that the Big 10 is weak. weve known the ACC is weak, with florida state running the table. OSU doing the same only validates my point previously that the Big 10 is a weaker conference than the Big 12.
you keep throwing me under the bus with the "Ohio State haters".. i dont hate OSU. i have family out in Ohio who attended OSU. they historically have a great football program. but i dont think that fact, along with the potential $$$ should sway the committee to pick them over a conference champion from a tougher conference.

oh, and BTW. why would TCU or Baylor get "embarrassed beyond repair" against Alabama? you do realize Bama lost to OU in the Sugar Bowl last year.. right?
Yeh, but TexasTallest, I hate to remind you, but Baylor let us all down by getting rolled by Central Florida.:

I think the moment was still a little too big for The Fighting Baptists.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:05 AM

11,787 posts, read 13,369,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Supposing Auburn goes ahead and beats Bama. They win next week, they will still go to the playoff tournament...right ? Providing they beat Missouri ext week. Suppose Missouri wins ? They still get that blueberry bowl trip ?
I can see Bama losing both, losing the national championship game too, and still being rated number one by some sports writers somewhere.
Come on, man. Regardless of the fact that Bama won the IB, you can be serious saying stuff like this.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:33 AM

14,583 posts, read 22,426,770 times
Bama is earning their spot. Last year was last year.

Now is now. Still a lot of football to be played yet.

Nobody has a clue how these conference games are going go.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:53 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Lol. Yeah I edited it. Lol. Whiskey drinks taking over.

If a 2 loss Bama gets in over another one loss P5 conference champ this whole playoff thing leaves the gates being a joke.
That would be impossible, as a 2-loss Missouri team would have bested a (then) 2-loss Alabama team in the SEC Championship game and would undoubtedly be ranked higher -- at least I hope that would be the case.

The peripheral question is, would Mizzou be get the benefit of the SEC Championship bias?

If Ohio State wins, I don't see how Mizzou would get into the playoff. If OSU loses, then it's a matter of comparing a 2-loss SEC Champ in Mizzou to a 2-loss Wisconsin team and a 1-loss Baylor team. I'm typically an advocate of conference champions earning a spot over non-champions, but Baylor's had an outstanding year. I'd find it hard for any 2-loss team under any circumstances to get preference over the Bears.

I have a feeling that the "Big 10 problem" will take care of itself in the form of a Wisconsin Badger victory over Ohio State.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:03 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
That would be impossible, as a 2-loss Missouri team would have bested a (then) 2-loss Alabama team in the SEC Championship game and would undoubtedly be ranked higher -- at least I hope that would be the case.

The peripheral question is, would Mizzou be get the benefit of the SEC Championship bias?

If Ohio State wins, I don't see how Mizzou would get into the playoff. If OSU loses, then it's a matter of comparing a 2-loss SEC Champ in Mizzou to a 2-loss Wisconsin team and a 1-loss Baylor team. I'm typically an advocate of conference champions earning a spot over non-champions, but Baylor's had an outstanding year. I'd find it hard for any 2-loss team under any circumstances to get preference over the Bears.

I have a feeling that the "Big 10 problem" will take care of itself in the form of a Wisconsin Badger victory over Ohio State.
Alabama
Oregon
Florida State
Baylor

I would hope that would be the case as well. Mizzou wouldn't get in over tOSU though and the SEC would be left out? Like I said, If a 2 loss Bama gets in.... this CFBP is a farce.

This could get pretty interesting. I think Bama will embarrass Mizzou though.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:40 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
This could get pretty interesting. I think Bama will embarrass Mizzou though.
Mizzou's a hard team to figure out. They got crushed by Georgia, but wore out an Arkansas team that, despite their record, really matches up well against anyone. I think that Mizzou's problem against Bama will probably be the same one they had against Auburn last year. They might be able to score against Alabama, but I don't think they can continue to outscore them. It could end up being a repeat of last year or the Iron Bowl this past week-end, with Alabama winning something like 52-35 or something like that.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:01 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,881,732 times
Quote:

If Missouri wins the SEC title game and Ohio State wins the Big Ten, Florida State wins the ACC, Oregon wins the Pac-12 and Baylor wins the Big-12, then the SEC will not have a team in the playoffs. Missouri lost at home, to an Indiana team that finished 4-8. Plus Missouri also has 2 loses. No way they should get in over an Ohio State team that would be 12-1, as they only have 1 loss and that one loss is not as bad as the home loss to Indiana by Missouri.

Speaking of conference title games, I was looking at tickets to the Pac-12 title game (just for fun) in Santa Clara and could not believe they were asking almost $60 and $90 for upper tier seats and that didn't include the fees always tacked on at the end.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,257,542 times
I'd love to see Ohio St get in and play Bama. What happened last time the Urbanator faced Bama.. Tebow cried. Florida St most certainly deserves to be in and there's to much nonsense about how they haven't played anyone. Every single team they played wants to be the one to end that streak. FSU has some serious offensive weapons and I don't see a QB among the other 3 teams that's capable of doing much against the Nole's defense.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:36 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,257,542 times
Quote:
Mizzou's a hard team to figure out. They got crushed by Georgia, but wore out an Arkansas team that, despite their record, really matches up well against anyone. I think that Mizzou's problem against Bama will probably be the same one they had against Auburn last year. They might be able to score against Alabama, but I don't think they can continue to outscore them. It could end up being a repeat of last year or the Iron Bowl this past week-end, with Alabama winning something like 52-35 or something like that.
Yeah it starts making even less sense that Mizzou beat FL pretty bad, but FL beat the same GA that clobbered Mizzou.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or