U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 12:07 AM

328 posts, read 329,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Ohio State lost to freaking Virginia Tech, no way in hell should they be in.

Why not look at the information.

They lost a Heisman Trophy pre season QB before the season started. Put in a freshman QB against them and lost.

Then that same freshman QB set all kinds of school and B10 records and is the best freshman in the USA today and should be one who gets to go to New York for the Heisman.

Can you not see how much he improved and this team has improved? TCU and Baylor both do not deserve it because they both lost games with all their starters playing and both had loses worst then Ohio St.

Losing 61-58 tells me you are not a very good defense. Then one lost to West Virginia.

The best four teams should be the top 4 and Ohio St at this time of the season is one of the best 4 teams period.

They just proved it.

They destroyed a very good Wisconsin team 59-0 with yes, a third string QB!!!

Ohio St is now the only team ever to shout out a power 5 team in a conference championship.

Ohio St is the only team to beat a team by 59 points in a championship game.

The only team ever to win a conf. championship with a third string QB.

Urban Meyer proved he is the best coach in college as he took a third string QB and then shut down the best running back in the entire NCAA easily.

Take each game and each piece of information. Ohio St is playing better then anyone right now today period. They are on a roll and it would not be right to allow TCU or Baylor and even Fla St to go ahead of them. And I dont believe Oregon is a No. 2 team as they have a very weak defense. Great O but no D.

After watching todays games.

Alabama
Oregon
Fla State ( only because they are 12-0 and they in my mind at 12-0 dont deserve it but will get it )
Ohio St.

Committee will leave Fla St at 4 so they can get their butt handed to them by Alabama. Ohio St will beat Oregon again!!! just like a few years ago when Oregon was suppose to be so good.

TCU and Baylor would get wiped clean by Ohio St, Oregon and Alabama. TCU and Baylor would beat Fla St.

You can hate Ohio St all you want but you must not have watched them destroy Wisconsin with a third string QB and shut down a 1st round draft pick running back.

So with Baylor beating TCU, and Baylor losing with all their players lined up, I dont see them either being a top 4 team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
It's funny how FSU's close wins or ugly wins are brought up but TCU has some ugly, close ones as well.
vs West Virginia 31-30
vs Kansas 34-30
vs Oklahoma 37-33 ( this one looks real bad considering lowly Oklahoma St beat them today)

TCU needs to be tossed out of the playoff. Ohio St in.

Thank you.

Finally someone gets it.

Baylor, TCU, Okla, Okla St will never win a National Title before Ohio St does.

Ohio St is a team rising to the top quickly once again.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:17 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,258,616 times
[quote=14Bricks;37546357]Ohio State lost to freaking Virginia Tech, no way in hell should they be in.[/QUOTE

Only reason I want Ohio St in is lately the higher the stakes the more they choke. I would also love to see Urban get clobbered by an SEC Bama...remind him of why he left the SEC to begin with. My favorite team is the Gators and Urban is a bad word around these parts nowadays. He left UF a mess is considered a traitor for leaving and making up stories about health on his way out.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:30 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,566,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Why not look at the information.

They lost a Heisman Trophy pre season QB before the season started. Put in a freshman QB against them and lost.

Then that same freshman QB set all kinds of school and B10 records and is the best freshman in the USA today and should be one who gets to go to New York for the Heisman.

Can you not see how much he improved and this team has improved? TCU and Baylor both do not deserve it because they both lost games with all their starters playing and both had loses worst then Ohio St.

Losing 61-58 tells me you are not a very good defense. Then one lost to West Virginia.

The best four teams should be the top 4 and Ohio St at this time of the season is one of the best 4 teams period.

They just proved it.

They destroyed a very good Wisconsin team 59-0 with yes, a third string QB!!!

Ohio St is now the only team ever to shout out a power 5 team in a conference championship.

Ohio St is the only team to beat a team by 59 points in a championship game.

The only team ever to win a conf. championship with a third string QB.

Urban Meyer proved he is the best coach in college as he took a third string QB and then shut down the best running back in the entire NCAA easily.

Take each game and each piece of information. Ohio St is playing better then anyone right now today period. They are on a roll and it would not be right to allow TCU or Baylor and even Fla St to go ahead of them. And I dont believe Oregon is a No. 2 team as they have a very weak defense. Great O but no D.

After watching todays games.

Alabama
Oregon
Fla State ( only because they are 12-0 and they in my mind at 12-0 dont deserve it but will get it )
Ohio St.

Committee will leave Fla St at 4 so they can get their butt handed to them by Alabama. Ohio St will beat Oregon again!!! just like a few years ago when Oregon was suppose to be so good.

TCU and Baylor would get wiped clean by Ohio St, Oregon and Alabama. TCU and Baylor would beat Fla St.

You can hate Ohio St all you want but you must not have watched them destroy Wisconsin with a third string QB and shut down a 1st round draft pick running back.

So with Baylor beating TCU, and Baylor losing with all their players lined up, I dont see them either being a top 4 team.

Blah, Blah, Blah, they lost to a 6-6 virginia tech team, I don't want to hear the excuses. And they play in a mediocre conference. Ohio St. doesn't deserve to be in the final 4, they'll just go and get embarrassed like Ohio st. always does in big games.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:37 AM

2,943 posts, read 2,383,985 times
I think the BEST 4 are

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State/TCU
4. TCU/Ohio State

What I hope for:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Florida St. (I would love to see them get beat bad by Alabama)/Ohio State (they should be in...would feel kinda bad if they got left out and Florida St. got in)

What I think is going to happen:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Florida St. (the fact that Florida St. would be above TCU or even Baylor makes me a little crazy because I believe TCU or Baylor could beat Florida St. (TCU easily))

Old 12-07-2014, 12:41 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,810,358 times
Quote:
.....they'll just go and get embarrassed like Ohio st. always does in big games.
Tell that to Miami fans.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Blah, Blah, Blah, they lost to a 6-6 virginia tech team, I don't want to hear the excuses. And they play in a mediocre conference. Ohio St. doesn't deserve to be in the final 4, they'll just go and get embarrassed like Ohio st. always does in big games.

Won more games I believe in BCS Bowls then anyone during that era.

Won a Natl title against a team that had or has 24 NFL players on it.

B10 focuses on academics, they dont allow players to play who need a constant tutor beside a kid who has a 2.0 gpa out of HS.

Most SEC, Pac and B12 teams are loaded with players who could not get into most B10 schools because of academics standards are so much higher.

Choke?

Oregon a few others would be considered chokers.

At least Ohio St got to championship games while most teams mention here other then Bama has not.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Tell that to Miami fans.
Miami... the team of destiny with 24 NFL got their butts kicked by Ohio St.

They need to change their name from the U to the jail cellars.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:11 AM

[quote=bannedontherun;37546714]
Quote:
Ohio State lost to freaking Virginia Tech, no way in hell should they be in.[/QUOTE

Only reason I want Ohio St in is lately the higher the stakes the more they choke. I would also love to see Urban get clobbered by an SEC Bama...remind him of why he left the SEC to begin with. My favorite team is the Gators and Urban is a bad word around these parts nowadays. He left UF a mess is considered a traitor for leaving and making up stories about health on his way out.

The same Urban who took a sad Florida team and won national titles with?

The same Urban who left Muschamp a very senior powered team and Muschamp screwed it up.

The same Urban who was treated and diagnosed by Florida University and team physicians?

Why would he be a traitor? He learned football at Ohio St and wanted to go to an open job.

Now McElvaine is a traitor also? For leaving to come to Florida?

Is the new Nebraska coach a traitor?

Why not move to the job you want? If you moved to a job dont you think that is your choice?

Just because Florida under Muschamp has looked like a bunch of little kids playing is not Urbans fault.

Wait, was Spurrier a traitor for leaving Florida?

I have family in central Florida and they all have a ton of respect for him still today for taking a weak sad Gator team and making them into champs.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:55 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,281,513 times
I think the top 4 will be:

1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Florida State

- Only reason I think OSU will be #3 is so that they will match up with Oregon in the Rose Bowl, preserving the Pac-12 / B1G tradition. Bama-FSU in the Sugar Bowl, which isn't far away from either school travel-wise.

The committee will take the easy way out by leaving out both TCU and Baylor. Sidestep the H2H controversy altogether. Furthermore, since Ohio State is a big household name, meaning more eyeballs on TV sets a.k.a. $$$$$, the media (ESPN especially) will probably put pressure on the committee to put them in the top 4. The ESPN talking heads are already lobbying big-time for tOSU on Sportscenter. Personally I think both TCU/Baylor are more deserving than tOSU.

Also, if Texas and Oklahoma were in TCU and Baylor's shoes this year, then I guarantee that either Texas or OU would be in the playoff ahead of Ohio State...there wouldn't be much debate about that. TCU and Baylor have great teams and have had great seasons...but at the end of the day, they're still TCU and Baylor...they don't have seats at the big boys' table. Prestige matters.

EDIT: Ohio State's destruction of Wisconsin was so bad that I can't help but wonder if Wisconsin deliberately gave the game away to make tOSU look better in the committee's eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or