U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:25 AM

328 posts, read 328,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
OSU's strength of schedule was weak, as evidenced by it annihilation of Wisconsin during the Big Ten championship game, with a 3rd string QB at helm. And it lost to Virginia Tech.

Expand the playoffs to 8 schools.

Again, the loss to Va Tech was a total fluke. Heisman candidate out of the game, 4 starters on offense not playing. A Freshman QB comes in to play and then goes on the be yet another Heisman candidate, set all kinds of records and is the 3rd best rated QB in the nation.

Stop with the loss to Va Tech, it was a total fluke. If they played today it would be 55-0 or something close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 10:46 AM

257 posts, read 531,870 times
#TCUTEARS

Congrats to Ohio State!!!

Old 12-07-2014, 10:56 AM

Ohio State is in.

Good for them overcoming two hurt QBs, a death of a player, shutting down the nations best running back, scoring 59 points against a highly ranked defense.

TCU nor Baylor have nothing to be ashamed of but the committee picked the best 4 teams for the playoff.

Lets the games begin!!

LOL

Looks like Ohio St and Oregon for the title.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:58 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,562,614 times
Great now we get to watch Ohio St get slaughtered by Alabama. I usually root against the SEC, but I'll be screaming roll tide January 1. against a fraud Big 10 Ohio State team.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Great now we get to watch Ohio St get slaughtered by Alabama. I usually root against the SEC, but I'll be screaming roll tide January 1. against a fraud Big 10 Ohio State team.

LOL Fraud.

That would be Fla St who is playing with a criminal QB who should not be allowed on the field.

What would you do if Ohio St beats Alabama?

TCU or Baylor are hacks. The entire B12 is falling down hill. The only two programs Okie an Texie are sad teams on their way to the bottom. B12 is a joke. Passing the ball 50-60 times a game for style points is the fraud.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:15 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,206,696 times
After watching Ohio completely shut Wisconsin I agree that they should be in the top 4. The game between Oregon and FSU in the Rose Bowl will be interesting to say the least. My guess, Oregon 47 FSU 35. As for Bama and Ohio, Bama 34 and Ohio 21. If my pick for the semi finals are correct then it will be Bama over Oregon by 3 points.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:19 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,966,925 times
That is the thing Ohio state needs to overcome that blowout in playing other conference high level teams of the past. If you look the second best conference would likely be in the mix except for no clear champion. The one team I agree with is Bama at top. I think also their depth will show in these two games .But then anything can happen on any Saturday. We saw that last year when Bama lost to Auburn. One has to look at last years bowl games to see which conferences are lacking and its not the Big 12.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:20 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
OSU's strength of schedule was weak, as evidenced by it annihilation of Wisconsin during the Big Ten championship game, with a 3rd string QB at helm. And it lost to Virginia Tech.

Expand the playoffs to 8 schools.
Weak based on what -- conference schedule? Who did TCU and Baylor play outside their schedule? Nobody.

I think either Baylor or TCU could have solidified their position over Ohio State by simply playing one more meaningful game against a top 10 opponent (i.e. each other). The Big 12 decided their regular season schedule spoke for itself, assuming that it would protect its top-ranked team's position nationally. Instead, it screwed them and a close #2 in their conference both.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:23 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,104 times
Maybe in the future, they could have a wildcard format -- like the "play-in" game in the NCAAs. You could have Ohio State playing against Baylor or TCU in the week before the final four. That would give two more deserving "bubble" teams a chance and it would also give the top three teams a well-deserved extra week to rest their injured players.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:38 AM

I agree but it wont happen because of the time issue.

I am for a larger field, maybe 6 if they can work it out.

Eight teams I think would be too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or