U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 07:18 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,133,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmen View Post
Florida State
TCU
Arizona
Auburn

Mind you, this isn't how I think the top four will look in December, but you did ask for an opinion reflecting if the season ended today.
Wow! What an incredible college upset week! The entire picture is a bit muddied and muddled today, and so many people's favorites were blown out the window, however I have to agree about Mississippi State at this point as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 09:48 AM

32,501 posts, read 26,389,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmen View Post
Florida State
TCU
Arizona
Auburn

Mind you, this isn't how I think the top four will look in December, but you did ask for an opinion reflecting if the season ended today.
an interesting top four, however i dont think arizona belongs there just yet. if the cats get through the UCLA game undefeated, then we can talk about them being a potential candidate for the playoffs. theya re in the toughest part of their schedule with USC, washington state, and UCLA coming up. if they get past them, then their last game with ASU is going to be the toughest on their schedule.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:40 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,980,500 times
Well, after yesterday, we have seen that even top rated teams can lose on any given Saturday. Oklahoma is not OK, Alabama lost a close one, A&M got beat...not outscored...BEAT ! and even the Ducks of Oregon are quacking in defeat. Even lowly SMU scored 24 points.

(If you find my post boring, try reading it in your best John Facenda voice)

Florida state will not remain undefeated. Auburn will probably be the #1 rated team by the time the playoffs roll around. Notre Dame might well be there too.
Will the College voting nazis give the SEC the other two bids automatically? Even with two losses, will Alabama and Ole Miss (or Alabama and Miss State) get placed in ? (Predicting that Auburn hands each one a loss)

I would suggest
Auburn
Notre Dame
Mississippi State
Probably Arizona

Old 10-05-2014, 05:02 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Default Hard to Know After "Upset Weekend"

What a weekend of upsets, starting on TH with OR getting beaten. SEC-West showed a lot of talent among many teams. TCU and others showed their strengths.

Let us not forget UTAH beating UCLA.

The polls changed so much today. I honestly need to see another week to see if teams have found their combinations or if it was just a fluke week in College Football. But I loved all the upsets and changes in rankings.

MSR

Old 10-05-2014, 08:59 PM

328 posts, read 329,268 times
This weekend was one weekends. I do not think I remember 8 top 25 teams getting beat in one weekend like this one.

It surely shook up rankings and chances of people moving.

Like I said earlier, I dont think we will see more then one or two unbeatens as 1 and 2 at the end. Then comes a host of teams that will have one loss and then the fight of who gets 3-4 begins.

SEC teams beating each other will leave out a really good team I think. Right now it appears the SEC has 3-4 of the top teams in the country.

If ND knocks off Fla St then the entire mess will get worse because Fla St with one loss will be crying the blues they deserve a shot because they won last year.

Anyone else surprised that ND is 5-0 right now? Seems once Weis left and they brought in Kelly things changes quickly.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:53 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,432,861 times
My top 4 today:

1 Ole Miss
2 Mississippi State
3 Florida State
4 Notre Dame

Old 10-13-2014, 11:57 AM

225 posts, read 442,186 times
1)Mississippi State- Beating 3 Top 10 teams is impressive no matter what conference your in but as I believe I don't think a team in the SEC West will go undefeated especially with a road trip to Alabama and the big rivalry game against Ole Miss.

2)Florida State- FSU has the easiest path to the playoff if they can get by Notre Dame even though I would watch out for that Louisville game since its on a Thursday night in Louisville. Even though there conference maybe isn't the strongest, 22 straight wins is still impressive.

3)Ole Miss- Beating Alabama then Texas A&M has put an impression on me but still have LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, and Miss State left which is tough task.

4)Baylor- 24 point comeback against TCU shows the resilence this team has. Yet West Virginia, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State left on the schedule will make it hard for the Bears to come out the Big 12 undefeated.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,432,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico020 View Post
1)Mississippi State- Beating 3 Top 10 teams is impressive no matter what conference your in but as I believe I don't think a team in the SEC West will go undefeated especially with a road trip to Alabama and the big rivalry game against Ole Miss.

2)Florida State- FSU has the easiest path to the playoff if they can get by Notre Dame even though I would watch out for that Louisville game since its on a Thursday night in Louisville. Even though there conference maybe isn't the strongest, 22 straight wins is still impressive.

3)Ole Miss- Beating Alabama then Texas A&M has put an impression on me but still have LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, and Miss State left which is tough task.

4)Baylor- 24 point comeback against TCU shows the resilence this team has. Yet West Virginia, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State left on the schedule will make it hard for the Bears to come out the Big 12 undefeated.
I agree w/ most of this...regarding MSU beating 3 top 10 teams...LSU was a fraud in the top 10 so I don't consider that a big win...so 2 Top 10 wins, both at home...I think they lose to Alabama in Tuscaloosa...Egg Bowl will be a game worth watching for the first time ever.

FSU does have the easiest path...as long as they beat ND.

Baylor hasn't really played anybody yet and gave up 58 pts so obviously has a lousy defense. I see them losing to both Oklahoma and Okie State so it shouldn't really matter.

I have ND in the Top 4 because their win over Stanford is more impressive to me than Baylor beating TCU. ND has a chance even if they lose at FSU to make it in because they also play USC and Arizona State and have already beaten a good Stanford team.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:16 PM

225 posts, read 442,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I agree w/ most of this...regarding MSU beating 3 top 10 teams...LSU was a fraud in the top 10 so I don't consider that a big win...so 2 Top 10 wins, both at home...I think they lose to Alabama in Tuscaloosa...Egg Bowl will be a game worth watching for the first time ever.

FSU does have the easiest path...as long as they beat ND.

Baylor hasn't really played anybody yet and gave up 58 pts so obviously has a lousy defense. I see them losing to both Oklahoma and Okie State so it shouldn't really matter.

I have ND in the Top 4 because their win over Stanford is more impressive to me than Baylor beating TCU. ND has a chance even if they lose at FSU to make it in because they also play USC and Arizona State and have already beaten a good Stanford team.
I agree with you that LSU was extremely overrated. Notre Dame/FSU game decides who stays in the playoff hunt. Michigan State is a team to keep an eye on. I dont believe there will be an SEC team that comes out that conference undefeated (hints why ESPN always refer to a 1 loss SEC team about making the playoffs

Old 10-13-2014, 04:30 PM

199 posts, read 205,987 times
If the season ended today:

Mississippi State
Florida State
Oklahoma
Michigan State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or