U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 04:35 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
I am actually shocked to see these rankings as most probably are.

1 and 2 is a give me. Three and four not so much to my thinking.

Then again we have a ways to go and movement will be coming.

For me even if Fla St runs to table they should not be sitting at No. 2 because I dont think they could beat any of the top 6 teams. Weak schedule, weak conference and what they did last year should not be considered at all. Being undefeated has to have some clout but when you have far better 1 loss teams that would destroy Fla St the committee should be picking the best top 4, not who has no losses with a weak schedule and really got a win handed to them against Notre Dame.

Still thinking Alabama will slide up and be one.

SEC haters wont like it when they see 2 SEC teams in the final four.

Oregon got smacked and should not even be considered.

Funny thing for me is in the past I think we always knew 5-6 really good teams that could compete with each other and make good games but this years I think we have some weak teams with one loss that could slide into the playoffs and then get destroyed. I dont think TCU, Oregon and Mich St are good enough to beat Alabama, Miss St or even Ole Miss. Dont know about Auburn as I have not watched enough to see what they are made of.

Then you have Arizona, Baylor, Nebraska, Ohio St, Utah and even LSU who I think could beat some of those top 10 teams.

Like I said, this should be a 6 team playoff and not a 4 because I can see some good teams being left out and sliders like Fla St and Oregon get in when neither should be chosen at this point in time if they are going to pick the BEST OR TOP 4 teams in the country and not based on their records.
Who did Oregon get smacked by? What was the score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 05:29 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,863,598 times
Posting before the FSU/LVille game...FSU, Miss St., Auburn, and Mich St?

Old 10-31-2014, 09:42 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,256,046 times
Wow, how bout them Noles... You can bend them, but they won't break. I love games like last night, it appeared Louisville was gonna cruise, the fans are getting cocky and happy and then it just steadily gets worse. I'm usually and SEC homer but since the Gators are just playing for Muschamp's job, I hope the Noles take it all.

I just hope Oregon stays in so somebody from the SEC west or FSU can clobber them real good, like 56-10.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:29 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,028 times
It's a long season still, but I would project the following (not necessarily in order)

1. Florida State.
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Alabama/Auburn/Miss St.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:54 PM

328 posts, read 328,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
It's a long season still, but I would project the following (not necessarily in order)

1. Florida State.
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Alabama/Auburn/Miss St.
You came in really late after most predictions was before all the upsets.

Alabama/Miss St/Auburn.

Auburn is gone, Alabama will knock of Miss St, TCU is gone and now people will re think once again.

If anything I would hope Miami beats Fla St because they dont deserve to be in the top 4.

Since Ohio St beat Mich St maybe someone will pay attention to how good they are overall and with a freshman QB who is going to be a great one.

Lots of ifs for sure but the SEC has 2 or 3 of the top 4 overall teams in the nation but they are beating each other up leaving room for other teams to make a move.

Which is it?

Some say Conference Champs should get auto bids out of the SEC, PAC and B10 and the other 1 loss team who has the best resume?

What do you think it should be?

Old 11-16-2014, 07:25 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,256,046 times
The committee snubbed Bama and FSU last release so let's see what happens tommorow. Should be:

1 FSU- So they struggled a little against UM, it's still a pretty tough road win. They're still undefeated.
2 Alabama- probably deserving of #1 but they do have an "L".
3 Oregon- shouldn't have jumped FSU in the first place, they seem to be the media darlings and the committee is way to generous to them
4 TCU- won a close one, could be replaced by Miss ST.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:50 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,863,598 times
FSU & Bama are in.

Oregon, TCU, Miss St. are next. I think the ncaa like what Oregon brings to the table (not just football )

TV would love the BIG market of Ohio st. But DFW market with TCU wouldn't be bad. MSU needs to finish strong.

So next two are Oregon and TCU.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:55 AM

2,327 posts, read 4,613,473 times
It starts getting tough for the committee this week...

1. Alabama - Committee will not put them #1 but they cannot ignore them. Arguably, this year's best FBS team.
2. FSU - They have not done much to earn respect, but you can't leave out an undefeated nat'l champion. I think the committee would have breathed a sigh of relief if Miami had beat them, or at least if FSU had decided to play all 4 quarters.
3. Mississippi ST - Somebody has to drop out, so it will probably be them, but how do you put other 1-loss teams above them when their only loss was by 5 pts to the best team in football? I'm not sure the committee has the courage to go with 2 SEC schools, even if deserved.
4. Oregon - No good reason except I think they bring more to the party than does TCU, who did not look good winning.

PS - I'm an ACC fan, so no prejudice toward SEC. Just wish the ACC was as strong as SEC.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:28 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,971,953 times
Well, First Who it will NOT be

Marshall 10-0 The only undefeated team in the Top Division, Division 1 A or FBS or WTF they call it now. A team that is solid on both sides of the ball, and will never have a chance to prove it because after they go 13-0 winning the C-USA title, they will be relegated to the Cessna Aircraft Airplane bowl against someone like Central Michigan.

Colorado State, because their sole loss came to Boise State, who is not undefeated this year. And next year, when Boise State does go undefeated, don;t look for them to do anything more than host the December bowl on their home blue carpet.

Ohio State 9-1 Because if you are Alabama or in the SEC and 9-1 you are in, if not you are out.

Alabama can lose to Auburn, OR lost to Missouri in the championship game, and still be in the national playoffs,, while Missouri can make a long trip to the Independence Bowl.

In My opinion, this is NOT a true playoff system. A playoff should not be 3 teams and Alabama; it should be at least 8 teams. The conference championships should count as playoffs. If Alabama loses the SEC championship, they should be out; The Playoffs should start with championship eliminations. If need be, shorten the season by one game. Ol Bammy plays West Carolina next, while Ole Miss and Miss state both played jobbers last week.
As far as independents, Notre Dame and BYU have both won national titles in the past, so consideration must be made for teams with no conference affiliation.

Not to rag on Alabama, but they are a good example of how the system doesn't really work.

The only team that continues to impress is Florida State, they find a way to win no matter what.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:09 PM

11,787 posts, read 13,354,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well, First Who it will NOT be

Marshall 10-0 The only undefeated team in the Top Division, Division 1 A or FBS or WTF they call it now.
FSU is undefeated. And you are ragging on Alabama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or