U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-23-2014, 10:26 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,022 posts, read 4,523,769 times
Reputation: 2052

Advertisements

1. Oregon, they just dominate when Mariota is healthy
2. Alabama, wow, they are the full deal, but they struggle with weak teams for a quarter.
3. Mississippi St. They lost to Alabama at Alabama. Who wins there? Best loss in college football. They are incredible.
4. UCLA, this team could beat team 1 thru 3 with a little luck. I think they will give Oregon fits in the Pac 12 championship.

Remember, this is if the season ended today. In the end, both Oregon and UCLA can't be in the top 4 because one will be losing the Pac 12 championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-24-2014, 06:43 AM
 
Location: FL
1,400 posts, read 1,256,046 times
Reputation: 1997
A Home loss should count against a team more than a road loss. If everyone wins out then Alabama and Miss St. should get in over Oregon or Ohio St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2014, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,628 posts, read 4,220,455 times
Reputation: 4582
As of today
1. Alabama
2. FSU
3. Oregon
4. Mississippi State

all but FSU still have worthy opponents on the schedule which could cause a shake up. Regardless, a few 1 loss teams might be ranked above FSU but FSU will not be left out of the top 4 if they remain unbeaten regardless of how flimsy their wins are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2014, 12:37 PM
 
328 posts, read 328,423 times
Reputation: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
In case you haven't noticed, TCU has an exceptional football program, and has for many years, with the exception of the first 2 years in the big 12. And Baylor has had the best offense in the country for the last few years. Just because these programs are "new" to the big time doesn't mean its a fluke when they win their conference..

Baylor's best win vs #5 TCU
Ohio States best win vs #11 MSU
Baylor's second best win vs #22 OU
Ohio State's second best win vs #25 Minnesota (It's a joke that they didn't drop either after a home loss)
Baylor's loss to a 4 loss WVU who has lost 3 ranked teams and Texas
Ohio States loss to a 5 loss team at HOME who has been beaten by 4 unranked teams.

No justification as to why Ohio State deserves to be ranked over Baylor at all.

Using old data and current data together makes your point totally irrelevant.

You forgot the most important issue.

Ohio State lost only because of their QB, who would be in the Heisman discussion had he not got injured, they used a freshman inexperienced QB who is now a talking point of how great he has become as the season went on.

Losing to a Va Tech team who beat a ranked Duke when no one thought they would with a freshman QB who then is ranked in the top 5 right now of ALL QBs it shows how awesome he has improved but that loss is a fluke loss because they did not have their Senior QB on the field.

Baylor, TCU and many other one loss teams have no excuses and no reasons other then they got beat. Ohio St lost only because they had to toss in an 18 year QB with no experience at all.

If Oh St played Va Tech today it would be a blowout. If Baylor and TCU and some of the other 1 loss teams played those teams again more then likely they would lose again.

Then you kinda moved the numbers around, Mich St was one of the teams most analyst said is a legit playoff team, Ohio St defeated them in all aspect of the game and now those same haters look to a weak BCU/TCU teams who should not be talking playoffs as they are not physical enough to hang with Ohio St or several other 1 loss SEC teams.

Baylor has an offense, that is it. Poor defense, poor kicking game and as shown against any good team their players struggle after 3 Qtr and are out of shape.


That entire conference is very weak period and most former good teams are getting worse. Many B10 teams are improving year after year. Your conference teams are going down hill fast.

Kids who are decent athletes who dont have the academics needed to get into a solid and known B10 academic school end up in your conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2014, 02:24 PM
 
Location: The Bayou City
3,220 posts, read 3,733,918 times
Reputation: 1457
You are so far out of touch with reality I don't even know how to respond to that.. you do realize there is an ongoing/extensive thread on wether the Big10 should even be considered a power conference anymore, right? That's how weak your conference is. The Big 12 is the 3rd strongest conference, behind the SEC and the Pac 12. You act like Texas and Oklahoma won't be contenders anymore in the future.. If anything our schools are only getting better, with Baylor, TCU, and WVU to an extent, have been stepping it up in recent years. Ok State will be back once they aren't playing a team full of freshmen, and k state will be relevant so long as Snyder is around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2014, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Waco, TX
977 posts, read 1,629,232 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
That entire conference is very weak period and most former good teams are getting worse. Many B10 teams are improving year after year. Your conference teams are going down hill fast.
Dude, do you even follow the Big 10 anymore? Or the Big 12? This statement is the exact opposite of reality. I say this as a fan of a Big 10 team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2014, 11:00 AM
 
5,187 posts, read 5,683,676 times
Reputation: 1614
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Using old data and current data together makes your point totally irrelevant.

You forgot the most important issue.

Ohio State lost only because of their QB, who would be in the Heisman discussion had he not got injured, they used a freshman inexperienced QB who is now a talking point of how great he has become as the season went on.

Losing to a Va Tech team who beat a ranked Duke when no one thought they would with a freshman QB who then is ranked in the top 5 right now of ALL QBs it shows how awesome he has improved but that loss is a fluke loss because they did not have their Senior QB on the field.

Baylor, TCU and many other one loss teams have no excuses and no reasons other then they got beat. Ohio St lost only because they had to toss in an 18 year QB with no experience at all.

If Oh St played Va Tech today it would be a blowout. If Baylor and TCU and some of the other 1 loss teams played those teams again more then likely they would lose again.

Then you kinda moved the numbers around, Mich St was one of the teams most analyst said is a legit playoff team, Ohio St defeated them in all aspect of the game and now those same haters look to a weak BCU/TCU teams who should not be talking playoffs as they are not physical enough to hang with Ohio St or several other 1 loss SEC teams.

Baylor has an offense, that is it. Poor defense, poor kicking game and as shown against any good team their players struggle after 3 Qtr and are out of shape.


That entire conference is very weak period and most former good teams are getting worse. Many B10 teams are improving year after year. Your conference teams are going down hill fast.

Kids who are decent athletes who dont have the academics needed to get into a solid and known B10 academic school end up in your conference.
If a lamb had cajones it would be a ram, if is a big word and once an occurrence has happened it can't change, one has to go with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2014, 05:25 PM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Reputation: 2774
Mississippi State is done - 2 losses and they will not even be a conference champ. This means the SEC will probably only get 1 team in.

It was a good day for the ACC - Clemson beats South Carolina, Louisville beats Kentucky, Georgia Tech beats Georgia and Florida State beats Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2014, 07:46 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,852,010 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Using old data and current data together makes your point totally irrelevant.

You forgot the most important issue.

Ohio State lost only because of their QB, who would be in the Heisman discussion had he not got injured, they used a freshman inexperienced QB who is now a talking point of how great he has become as the season went on.

Losing to a Va Tech team who beat a ranked Duke when no one thought they would with a freshman QB who then is ranked in the top 5 right now of ALL QBs it shows how awesome he has improved but that loss is a fluke loss because they did not have their Senior QB on the field.

Baylor, TCU and many other one loss teams have no excuses and no reasons other then they got beat. Ohio St lost only because they had to toss in an 18 year QB with no experience at all.

If Oh St played Va Tech today it would be a blowout. If Baylor and TCU and some of the other 1 loss teams played those teams again more then likely they would lose again.

Then you kinda moved the numbers around, Mich St was one of the teams most analyst said is a legit playoff team, Ohio St defeated them in all aspect of the game and now those same haters look to a weak BCU/TCU teams who should not be talking playoffs as they are not physical enough to hang with Ohio St or several other 1 loss SEC teams.

Baylor has an offense, that is it. Poor defense, poor kicking game and as shown against any good team their players struggle after 3 Qtr and are out of shape.


That entire conference is very weak period and most former good teams are getting worse. Many B10 teams are improving year after year. Your conference teams are going down hill fast.

Kids who are decent athletes who dont have the academics needed to get into a solid and known B10 academic school end up in your conference.
I just came here to lol at this ^^. Big12 is head and shoulders above the Big10 this year and it's not even close.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-29-2014 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Lol. Got the teams mixed up. Drinky drinky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2014, 07:50 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,852,010 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Mississippi State is done - 2 losses and they will not even be a conference champ. This means the SEC will probably only get 1 team in.

It was a good day for the ACC - Clemson beats South Carolina, Louisville beats Kentucky, Georgia Tech beats Georgia and Florida State beats Florida.
SEC went 0-4 against their in state ACC rivals. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top