U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 07:55 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,706,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I just came here to lol at this ^^. Minnesota is playing for the Big 10 championship (and will probably win it). Yeah, that conference is real tough. On the rise! Lmfao. Big12 is head and shoulders above the Big10 this year and it's not even close.
You mean Whiskey because of Barrett's injury?

Boy, after watching Baylor struggle with Tech, I just don't know if the Big XII can get a team in there.

If the Horny Toads absolutely annihilate the Cyclones then it is possible. I think the Jayhawks almost beating TCU will hurt the Toads too in the minds of the Playoff Committee members. The win over Tejas was convincing, however and will help offset negative perception (but many will wonder "How good is Tejas?"). But I think some other teams are going to have to lose, namely Ohio St.

I'm going with this right now (assuming Bammer wins, which is a big if at the moment)

Bammer
Oregon
Florida St.
Ohio St.

If Bammer loses, wow.....that could be crazy. They'll sneak back in there after winning the SEC title game, but it's kinda fun to think about a Playoff without the SEC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 08:08 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
You mean Whiskey because of Barrett's injury?

Boy, after watching Baylor struggle with Tech, I just don't know if the Big XII can get a team in there.

If the Horny Toads absolutely annihilate the Cyclones then it is possible. I think the Jayhawks almost beating TCU will hurt the Toads too in the minds of the Playoff Committee members. The win over Tejas was convincing, however and will help offset negative perception (but many will wonder "How good is Tejas?"). But I think some other teams are going to have to lose, namely Ohio St.

I'm going with this right now (assuming Bammer wins, which is a big if at the moment)

Bammer
Oregon
Florida St.
Ohio St.

If Bammer loses, wow.....that could be crazy. They'll sneak back in there after winning the SEC title game, but it's kinda fun to think about a Playoff without the SEC.
Lol. Yeah I edited it. Lol. Whiskey drinks taking over.

If a 2 loss Bama gets in over another one loss P5 conference champ this whole playoff thing leaves the gates being a joke.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:11 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
Supposing Auburn goes ahead and beats Bama. They win next week, they will still go to the playoff tournament...right ? Providing they beat Missouri ext week. Suppose Missouri wins ? They still get that blueberry bowl trip ?
I can see Bama losing both, losing the national championship game too, and still being rated number one by some sports writers somewhere.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:14 PM

328 posts, read 328,582 times
Baylor got lucky and beat a horrible team today. They should drop in the rankings.

This week will now be a mess and we all know it.

Ohio State lost it starting QB at season beginning, ran in a freshman who should be in the Heisman race, breaks his leg and they still beat Michigan with a third string QB.

No way does Baylor or TCU deserve No 4.

Baylor is playing worse as the season moves on. I thought you were suppose to get better?

I never said the B10 was better then any conference, I said a lot of kids stay away from the B10 schools mainly because the B10 had better academic schools then the power 5 conferences.

SEC is by far, not even close the best conference. This is coming from a B10 fan.

I never said Oklahoma and Texas would not get better but they will never be what they once were with all the kids with speed wanting to play in the SEC or other conferences.

Right now as of tonight seeing Baylor get lucky and beat a horrific teams, Oh St winning with a second string QB and then a third string QB I see Ohio St moving to 4.

Florida St does not deserve a spot in the top 4. They about got beat by a very poor Florida team today.

How can anyone pick them as one of the 4 best in the USA when they should have 4-5 losses?

For me as of today and again, next week things will change for all of us.

Alabama
Oregon ( There loss should have hurt them far more but they have been forgiven because of Mariotta )
Ohio St. ( Would be No. 1 and undefeated with their senior QB but doing well with a freshman QB )
Kansas St. ( Betting on them beating Baylor )

Dropped Fla St because I dont think they are good enough to beat any of the above teams.
TCU dropped because they barely beat a lowly Kansas team recently.

Overall, I am thinking after watching Alabama today and said it in week one right here, they are the best in the country and have Amari Cooper who should be tooth and nail with Mariotta in the Heisman.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:09 AM

3,220 posts, read 3,734,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Baylor got lucky and beat a horrible team today. They should drop in the rankings.

Ohio State lost it starting QB at season beginning, ran in a freshman who should be in the Heisman race, breaks his leg and they still beat Michigan with a third string QB.

Baylor is playing worse as the season moves on. I thought you were suppose to get better?

I never said the B10 was better then any conference, I said a lot of kids stay away from the B10 schools mainly because the B10 had better academic schools then the power 5 conferences.

SEC is by far, not even close the best conference. This is coming from a B10 fan.

I never said Oklahoma and Texas would not get better but they will never be what they once were with all the kids with speed wanting to play in the SEC or other conferences.

Right now as of tonight seeing Baylor get lucky and beat a horrific teams, Oh St winning with a second string QB and then a third string QB I see Ohio St moving to 4.

Florida St does not deserve a spot in the top 4. They about got beat by a very poor Florida team today.

How can anyone pick them as one of the 4 best in the USA when they should have 4-5 losses?

Alabama
Oregon ( There loss should have hurt them far more but they have been forgiven because of Mariotta )
Ohio St. ( Would be No. 1 and undefeated with their senior QB but doing well with a freshman QB )

Dropped Fla St because I dont think they are good enough to beat any of the above teams.

Overall, I am thinking after watching Alabama today and said it in week one right here, they are the best in the country and have Amari Cooper who should be tooth and nail with Mariotta in the Heisman.
Really? I can only assume you didn't watch the game and only based the performance off the final score. You cannot be that adamant on acknowledging everything holding back OSU while ignoring all the factors that led to the results of the game last night.
All in all its no guarantee for either Baylor or OSU to get into the playoffs at this point..

Old 11-30-2014, 12:46 AM

6,536 posts, read 4,489,472 times
9 of the 14 teams in the ACC finished the regular season 7-5 or worse. Excluding FSU from that list because you can't play yourselves in an official game FSU only played 2 conference opponents that finished better than 7-5 (Louisville & Clemson both in their division). Of the 8 conference games they played, against mostly crap teams mind you: Florida state only won one game (one!!!!!!!) by more than 18 points.

Get Florida State out of the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 75% of the teams in the ACC would lose to division 3 football powerhouses Mt. Union & Wisconsin-Whitewater.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:17 AM

328 posts, read 328,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Really? I can only assume you didn't watch the game and only based the performance off the final score. You cannot be that adamant on acknowledging everything holding back OSU while ignoring all the factors that led to the results of the game last night.
All in all its no guarantee for either Baylor or OSU to get into the playoffs at this point..

Actually did watch the game and OSU beat them up worse then the scrub last 7 points.

Do you even know much about facts on Ohio St? With a freshman quarterback they lose to Va Tech. That freshman QB turns out to be the best freshman player in the country at the beginning of todays game and has been talked about for Heisman votes.

Not bad considering Oh St lost Braxton Miller who would have them 12-0 and with Barrett and those other great backs Ohio State has they would be 12-0 easily right now.

Baylor barely got by a horrific Kansas team and today about lose again.

TCU is not a top 5 team at all but better then Baylor.

Based on all games I stated who I believe should be to top 4 as of today and also stated things can change.

Waiting on your top 4 picks and who do you like personally as a team so we can make sure your comments are worthy of making because I do not see you putting yourself into print so your thoughts and opinions can be picked apart.

Post your top 4, your fav team or dont discuss others opinions and thoughts.

Without Barrett now, I see Ohio St getting screwed by the committee but Ohio States 3rd string QB is a fast big and would be starting himself at any B12 team.

In my opinion Baylor is done, two games they should have lost got lucky on and now they have to try and beat Kansas St.

TCU will win at Iowa St and go ahead of Baylor anyway so Baylor wont even be in the top 7-8 come next week.

Do you listen or read any ESPN or Fox Sports analyst at all?

Many from both places are saying if Ohio St wins next week they are in at No 4. Several stated that because their only loss was without a Heisman candidate Miller playing and the vast improvement of Barrett they should go ahead of Fla St who dont deserve to be in the top 4 based on weak schedule and coming from behind in 5 games to win late.

More facts.

Ohio St has a 10 game winning streak right now, second to Fla St. 12-0. Teams in the B12 have only one team with 6 in a row and Oh St is 5-0 away.

Ohio State will win a national title long before Baylor or TCU ever does. Go to the bank on that. Meyer is a recruiting genius and if you ever watched Ohio St they are deep all around on offense. Third string QB and tailback would start at any B12 school.

They have one of the best defensive players in the country in Bosa.

Ohio St haters will hate but if they win next week, and TCU goes ahead of them it will be a disaster pick because Alabama will destroy TCU and embarrass them beyond repair.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:31 AM

3,220 posts, read 3,734,980 times
Quote:
Actually did watch the game and OSU beat them up worse then the scrub last 7 points.

Do you even know much about facts on Ohio St? With a freshman quarterback they lose to Va Tech. That freshman QB turns out to be the best freshman player in the country at the beginning of todays game and has been talked about for Heisman votes.

Not bad considering Oh St lost Braxton Miller who would have them 12-0 and with Barrett and those other great backs Ohio State has they would be 12-0 easily right now.

Baylor barely got by a horrific Kansas team and today about lose again.

TCU is not a top 5 team at all but better then Baylor.

Based on all games I stated who I believe should be to top 4 as of today and also stated things can change.

Waiting on your top 4 picks and who do you like personally as a team so we can make sure your comments are worthy of making because I do not see you putting yourself into print so your thoughts and opinions can be picked apart.

Post your top 4, your fav team or dont discuss others opinions and thoughts.

Without Barrett now, I see Ohio St getting screwed by the committee but Ohio States 3rd string QB is a fast big and would be starting himself at any B12 team.

In my opinion Baylor is done, two games they should have lost got lucky on and now they have to try and beat Kansas St.

TCU will win at Iowa St and go ahead of Baylor anyway so Baylor wont even be in the top 7-8 come next week.

Do you listen or read any ESPN or Fox Sports analyst at all?

Many from both places are saying if Ohio St wins next week they are in at No 4. Several stated that because their only loss was without a Heisman candidate Miller playing and the vast improvement of Barrett they should go ahead of Fla St who dont deserve to be in the top 4 based on weak schedule and coming from behind in 5 games to win late.

More facts.

Ohio St has a 10 game winning streak right now, second to Fla St. 12-0. Teams in the B12 have only one team with 6 in a row and Oh St is 5-0 away.

Ohio State will win a national title long before Baylor or TCU ever does. Go to the bank on that. Meyer is a recruiting genius and if you ever watched Ohio St they are deep all around on offense. Third string QB and tailback would start at any B12 school.

They have one of the best defensive players in the country in Bosa.

Ohio St haters will hate but if they win next week, and TCU goes ahead of them it will be a disaster pick because Alabama will destroy TCU and embarrass them beyond repair.
i meant you clearly didnt watch the Baylor - Tech game.

Miller would have OSU at 12-0 right now, huh? thats a pretty bold statement. theres no telling what could happen from week to week. maybe one of those games Barrett did so well in Miller would of blundered. you never know.
oh and when did "Baylor barely get by a horrific Kansas team"? i was at the homecoming game when we played Kansas. the final score was 60-14. thats close? i think you are confusing Baylor and TCU. TCU barely beat Kansas. final score, 34-30..
i already stated my top 4 a few weeks ago.

Alabama
Oregon
Florida State
Baylor

did we play terrible this week and pull out a Florida State style win? yes. should we drop in the rankings because of it? does FSU drop every time they have one of their insanely close bouts with some random unranked team?
OSUs 3rd string qb would be a "starting qb for any big 12 team"? lmao.. right. maybe for Kansas or Iowa State.
im well aware of ESPNs desires to get OSU into the playoffs. they have a huge fan base. TCU and Baylor are measly little schools compared to OSU. of course they are going to want the teams that bring in the most money.
lol.. you just proved right there that the Big 10 is weak. weve known the ACC is weak, with florida state running the table. OSU doing the same only validates my point previously that the Big 10 is a weaker conference than the Big 12.
you keep throwing me under the bus with the "Ohio State haters".. i dont hate OSU. i have family out in Ohio who attended OSU. they historically have a great football program. but i dont think that fact, along with the potential $$$ should sway the committee to pick them over a conference champion from a tougher conference.

oh, and BTW. why would TCU or Baylor get "embarrassed beyond repair" against Alabama? you do realize Bama lost to OU in the Sugar Bowl last year.. right?

Old 11-30-2014, 09:22 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,878,758 times
Quote:

Alabama

Florida State is going into the playoffs without question if they win the ACC. They'll be 13-0 and conference champs.

If Missouri beats Bama in the SEC title game, I think it's going to be tough to make the case that the SEC should get even 1 team into the playoffs. I think if Oregon wins the Pac-12, Florida State wins the ACC, Ohio State wins the Big Ten and Baylor takes care of Kansas State, those should be the 4 teams that get in.

Also, Oregon lost to a 10-2 Arizona team. That's a loss to a quality team, so I don't think Mariotta has bailed them out in that regard. Oregon's loss was not as bad at Bama's loss to Ole Miss, imo.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:38 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,608,124 times
If it were to end today, it would be as follows for me:

1. Oregon
2. Florida State
3. Alabama
4. TCU
*Baylor
*Ohio State

I'll add, I don't think Ohio State's going to survive the BIG championship game next week against Wisconsin. If they do, then that would be a very impressive win that would have to be considered. I still think TCU has a better team and has had a better year than OSU, but if the Buckeyes can just dominate a good team on a big stage, that would make a case for them.

Re FSU, something tells me that they're probably going to rise to the level of their competition once the playoffs start. It's almost like they're playing 12 tuneup games, but come playoff time, I think they're going to be extremely tough.

Oregon's the best team that I've seen thus far - at least consistently best. But they've got a monumental challenge ahead of them in Arizona. Psychological, the Cats are in the Ducks head - there's no doubt about that. I think a victory would say a lot about Oregon's chances if they can pull it off.

Alabama's probably proven that they're the most versatile team in the country. They've beaten every type of opponent, and won just about every type of way a game can be won. They got down in the mud and slugged it out with LSU and Arkansas, two teams which aren't great but are arguably pretty good. And then they win games like they did last night against Auburn. None of the teams playing Alabama would show them anything they haven't already seen. I'm not sure that that can be said of the rest of the current 1 - 4 teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or