Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 05:58 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,569,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
I actually can see their points.

Alabama and Oregon have played the best football the last month or so then anyone else.

Fla St would be ranked 6th or lower if I had a vote. Watching them struggle 4 straight weeks against non ranked weak teams tells me they are not deserving of a final four spot at all.

So if Marshall went undefeated they should be ranked in the top 4 as some think any undefeated teams should be?

No, look deeper into the records.

They said they want the best 4 teams at the end of the season period.

Criteria are conference champions, head to head, if your team has improved during the season, quality wins against ranked opponents, strength of schedule, games played versus non ranked teams or teams with losing records etc.

Fla St is weak in almost all categories.

Something is going to happen this week, either Fla St or Oregon will lose and then the mess begins.

TCU should be a shoo in as they play the weakest team of the top group.

Alabama should beat Missouri.

Ohio St is now at third string QB. Another very talented player but no experience is what worries me. They should have enough to beat Wisconsin but him not having any playing time will tell.

By the way, those Buckeye haters, Barrett was just named to the first team all Big 10 and should be going to the Heisman awards as he is the third best ranked QB and only a freshman. He is going to be something special over time.

Had Braxton Miller not got hurt, Oh St would be 12-0 and he would be talked about for the Heisman.

If he comes back next year and they have him at QB and move Barrett to some kind of shotgun or wild cat with a trio of very good backs, next years team could be unstoppable on offense. Meyer is putting together a National title team.
No, lol...it's bad enough FSU is getting snubbed and disrespected by the committee denying them their rightful #1 ranking and you deem them undeserving of a playoff spot? Nevermind W-L records or rankings for a moment and take a look at the top total defense leaders of all FBS schools. You have 1) Clemson, 6) Louisville, 9) Florida, 12) Boston College, 15) Miami... what do they all have in common? They are all hapless victims of the mighty Noles. They can line up with and beat anyone in the playoff and I believe they'll win it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 08:48 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,312,470 times
Oregon's the clear number one now. They'll obviously be facing tougher competition in a few weeks, but they've been the most impressive. Was really impressed with Coach Helfrich's game preparation. It speaks a lot about a coaching staff when they can go against a team that's stolen their hearts twice in consecutive seasons and just go out and slap the pee out of them on a big stage like that. I think it speaks more to Oregon's raw talent, though. This is not an average group of guys who are coached well; this is a team with a lot of potential NFL-level talent that's coached well. Big guys in the trenches, good tacklers at the LB position. If FSU, Alabama, or TCU think that it's another soft west coast team that's going to get stuffed when they finally face a Gulf Coast team, they'd better think again.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:52 AM

I'm not quite ready to declare Oregon champs yet. I'd like to see them matched up against FSU because unlike Bama who just gave up 630 yards to Auburn, FSU actually has some pretty good defense. Of course that's if FSU get by Georgia Tech, and that a big "if".

Old 12-06-2014, 12:11 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,312,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I'm not quite ready to declare Oregon champs yet. I'd like to see them matched up against FSU because unlike Bama who just gave up 630 yards to Auburn, FSU actually has some pretty good defense. Of course that's if FSU get by Georgia Tech, and that a big "if".
Not saying they're the champs, but they look like the best out there. It'll obviously get tougher once they play the best from other conferences.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:35 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,445,588 times
I think it will be 1. Alabama 2. Oregon 3. _____________ 4. Florida State.

#3 is up in the air in my opinion. I think the committee will pair Bama-FSU in the Sugar Bowl because it will make a ton of money with two Southern teams in it. Oregon will obviously play in the Rose Bowl, the traditional Pac-10 stomping ground, and could face either TCU or tOSU. I think the Bucks made an impressive statement dominating Wiscy and did it with a 3rd string QB. Plus, it pits the longtime Pac-10-Big Ten champions together. It will make more money than a Oregon-TCU match-up. If the committee truly thinks TCU is better than tOSU, then it will be the Frogs. TCU had to make a statement and did- that is why they had their starters in late against arguably one of the worst teams in D-I. I would have done the same thing though.

I really do not know who will make up the #3 seed.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:37 PM

2,240 posts, read 3,888,121 times
TCU should be the 4th team. It had a stronger schedule. The way Ohio State pounded Wisconsin during the championship game reaffirms my belief that the Big Ten simply wasn't strong this year.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:04 PM

It's funny how FSU's close wins or ugly wins are brought up but TCU has some ugly, close ones as well.
vs West Virginia 31-30
vs Kansas 34-30
vs Oklahoma 37-33 ( this one looks real bad considering lowly Oklahoma St beat them today)

TCU needs to be tossed out of the playoff. Ohio St in.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:05 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,109,182 times
Ohio State lost to freaking Virginia Tech, no way in hell should they be in.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:14 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,808,209 times
Quote:
It's funny how FSU's close wins or ugly wins are brought up but TCU has some ugly, close ones as well.
vs West Virginia 31-30
vs Kansas 34-30
vs Oklahoma 37-33 ( this one looks real bad considering lowly Oklahoma St beat them today)

TCU needs to be tossed out of the playoff. Ohio St in.
West Virginia and Oklahoma were ranked at the time we played them.

As for Kansas... I don't know what the hell that was. Sure, it was their Senior Day and TCU doesn't play as well in the cold, it seems. But there's still no excuse to only beat a team like that by only 4 points.

Looks like they're not going to have to worry, though. Just gettin' that feeling again...

(As for Florida State, the reason why people are harder on them is because they're defending champions and TCU wasn't expected to do this well)

Old 12-06-2014, 11:56 PM

328 posts, read 431,847 times
Quote:
No, lol...it's bad enough FSU is getting snubbed and disrespected by the committee denying them their rightful #1 ranking and you deem them undeserving of a playoff spot? Nevermind W-L records or rankings for a moment and take a look at the top total defense leaders of all FBS schools. You have 1) Clemson, 6) Louisville, 9) Florida, 12) Boston College, 15) Miami... what do they all have in common? They are all hapless victims of the mighty Noles. They can line up with and beat anyone in the playoff and I believe they'll win it all.
Are you kidding, they are a true 4-6 loss team and I do not believe they are even in the top 4 best teams.

Again, they pull one out by pure luck.

They are not mighty at all. If they play Alabama, Oregon, TCU or Ohio St they will be shown just how much of a fluke they are this season.

Easy 4 loss team and tonight GT was the better team again but failed to convert a third down which cost them the game and handed Fla St another lucky win.

12-0 against horrible teams with no real powerful win at all and you think they deserve it?

So if Marshall went 12-0 would they deserve it as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football