U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:37 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,704,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
If Texas was in the Pac 16, there wouldn't be that many 10pm + games. Only 2 at the most and if they played Oregon or USC or UCLA, that game would be primetime anyway starting at 7 even if it was at Autzen, The Coliseum, and the Rose Bowl. If they had these divisions:

Pacific Division:
Washington
Washington State
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Cal
USC
UCLA

Southwest Division:
Texas
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Colorado
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State

You play 7 games against your division, 2 games out of conference and 2 games against the Pacific division each year and one of those games will likely be at home. I think the time difference that people think would be a problem is greatly exaggerated.
I like your divisions. That Soutwest division would come close to rivaling the SEC West.

I'm still hoping the Big XII makes it by adding some good programs. It doesn't look good for the forseeable future though. Looks like the Big XII is the odd man out because of reactive leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 02:05 PM

Default Talks (Again) About OU Joining SEC West

Oklahoma Could Join the SEC | 120Sports.com

Old 07-02-2015, 09:31 PM

903 posts, read 653,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I like your divisions. That Soutwest division would come close to rivaling the SEC West.

I'm still hoping the Big XII makes it by adding some good programs. It doesn't look good for the forseeable future though. Looks like the Big XII is the odd man out because of reactive leadership.
The issue is with the Pacific Division. It resembles an ACC division. Thanks for the props / rep on the caliber of the SEC

Old 07-03-2015, 07:41 AM

1,573 posts, read 1,428,181 times
Quote:
The sec commissioner already stated the sec won't plan on adding more schools at least until 2025. If they do expand they will look east. But you never know what might happen. OU might get a invite.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 728 times
why not add byu-csu-mem-cincy-ecu and cfu [lots new tv and all covered by existing tv contract] and stay home

Old 07-07-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghager View Post
why not add byu-csu-mem-cincy-ecu and cfu [lots new tv and all covered by existing tv contract] and stay home

I'm all for it. But it won't happen. I think OU and Tejas are destined to leave this God-forsaken conference. I feel sorry for the other teams that might not have a home. I think Tejas will finally concede on the LHN (towards the end of the contract of course) and then follow OU to the PAC. Tech and Okie-State follow their brothers so you have the following:

PAC12North
Washington
Washington St.
Oregon
Oregon St.
Stanford
Cal
Colorado
Utah

PAC12South
USC
UCLA
Arizona
Arizona St.
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Tejas
Tech

From the Big XII that leaves K-State, Kansas, Baylor, TCU, West Virginia, and Iowa St.

Hypothesizing:
B1G East
Ohio St.
Virginia (lost by ACC)
Rutgers
Penn St.
Purdue
Michigan
Michigan St.
Maryland

B1G West
Nebraska
Northwestern
Minnesota
Indiana
Whiskey
Iowa
Illinois
Kansas (courted by B1G when OU and Tejas bolt)

SEC East
Florida
Tennessee
South Carolina
Georgia
Virgina Tech (lost by ACC)
West Virginia (courted by SEC when OU and Tejas bolt)
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

SEC West
Alabama
Auburn
Arkansas
A&M
Missouri
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi St.

ACC North
Syracuse
Boston College
Pitt
Notre Dame
Iowa St. (courted by ACC when OU and Tejas bolt)
UNC
Duke
Wake Forest

ACC South
NC State
Miami
Florida St.
Clemson
Louisville
Georgia Tech
Kansas St. (barely gets in....Cincy and UCF push with fanbase and upgraded facilities)
TCU/Baylor (I do not think both of them make it...right now I give the nod to Baylor but TCU might get it being in the heart of DFW for TV revenue)

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 07-07-2015 at 05:36 PM..

Old 07-09-2015, 04:56 PM

18,635 posts, read 27,042,193 times
See. I think if UNC remains in the ACC, UVA does as well. Unless the two Virginia schools get tired of the North Carolina centric type of leadership that runs the conference. But I haven't heard any problems UVA or VA Tech has with the North Carolina schools. Also, Wake Forest may drop football.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:51 PM

931 posts, read 1,081,940 times
Why would the SEC take teams from VA and skip right over the Tar heel State?

Kentucky and UNC in the same conference.....crazy

Old 07-09-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Why would the SEC take teams from VA and skip right over the Tar heel State?

Kentucky and UNC in the same conference.....crazy
I'm working from the assumption that the ACC makes it and the Big XII does not. That means the North Carolina schools stayed put.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:05 AM

8,371 posts, read 8,363,445 times
Quote:
Knock A&M down another notch.

BTW - Fan discontent on the 40 Acres isn't getting much MSM attention, but when the season tickets sold has dropped from 80,000 to 54,000 in the past three years and Bellmont is beggin' Horn fans to buy tickets to the OU Game, then the new president better take note.

For the first time in almost 30 years, I did not order tickets to the OU Game, and it has nothing to do with Strong - I like what he's been doing so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or