U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 09:14 AM

6,848 posts, read 6,183,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Lol, so you're gonna act like half of Land Thieves wasn't acing like they were happy when Trevor Knight got hurt on Saturday?

Internet forums tend to bring out the worst of ALL fanbases.

I'm sure on Land Thieves they NEVER compare the UT logo with a female organ, or call us "Whorns" right?
How thin skinned are you? you are actually offended by "Uterus" and "Whorns"???

It doesn't bother me a bit when people call us "Gooners" or "dirt burglars" or whatever. That's just part of the fun.

It's the attacks on our state, the lies, and misrepresentations of the program, the school and the state that I don't appreciate.

And no, I don't think "half of Land Thieves" was acting happy when Trevor Knight got hurt. Just about all of Landthieves was upset at the coaching staff tho.

Most of the OU fan base isn't that hard on Trevor Knight. They just feel like he isn't being used properly.

But I don't know why you are so sympathetic to Trevor. He is just one of those Texas high school players who "Texas didn't want" who, if he continues to beat Texas will morph into "A Texas high school player who Oklahoma cheated to get".

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-11-2014 at 10:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 09:36 AM

3,093 posts, read 4,134,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
How thin skinned are you? you are actually offended by "Uterus" and "Whorns"???

It doesn't bother me a bit when people call us "Gooners" or "dirt burglars" or whatever. That's just part of the fun.

It's the attacks on our state, the lies, and misrepresentations of the program, the school and the state that I don't appreciate.

And no, I don't think "half of Land Thieves" was acting happy when Trevor Knight got hurt. Just about all of Landthieves was upset at the coaching staff tho.

Most of the OU fan base isn't that hard on Trevor Knight. They just feel like he isn't being used properly.

But I don't know why you are so sympathetic to Trevor. He is just one of those Texas high school players who "Texas didn't want" who, if he continues to beat Texas will morph into "A Texas high school player who Oklahoma cheated to get".
Doesn't bother me one bit really. I brought those things up because YOU'RE the one who complained "they never say anything nice about us."

You guys don't either. Its a rivalry, what do you expect?

Btw, I'm sympathetic to anybody that gets hurt the way he did. He wasn't moving for a bit and that was scary. Unlike you, not everything I say has a decided homer slant to it

Old 11-10-2014, 02:14 PM

8,374 posts, read 8,366,401 times
lol at getting banned from The Shag. It takes a special kind of poor quality posting for the ban hammer to activate.
Have watched it happen there for years..

There are plenty of non-UT fans posting there who don't have any problems and don't suck up to the mods.

Then again the Shag has more than its share of idiot UT fans, many of whom are of the fair weather type.

As far as "what really happened" with all those NCAA sanctions, bowl bans, & the ouster of Switzer, please enlighten us as to the real meaning of what your long ago governor wrote in his book about the plan to bring the Sooner program up to the top tier. Not to mention how OU enticed (es) so many Texas football players, since without them they would just be another Mizzou.

Too bad the mods here won't allow the infamous "orange jumpsuit" cover of Sports Illustrated to be posted here.

And I think Texas/OU is the best rivalry in college football - lots of humor to make both sides laugh - we do that often at our family reunions, as there are a couple Sooner grads that snuck their way into the extended family.

Since the aggys left we've had to double down on the smack. They were such easy targets.

Last edited by ScoPro; 11-10-2014 at 02:22 PM..

Old 11-10-2014, 05:15 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Lol, so you're gonna act like half of Land Thieves wasn't acing like they were happy when Trevor Knight got hurt on Saturday?

Internet forums tend to bring out the worst of ALL fanbases.

I'm sure on Land Thieves they NEVER compare the UT logo with a female organ, or call us "Whorns" right?
Half of LT? There were like two posters that were happy TK went down. I know for a fact one of them is now on a little vacation from the board.

Remember when half of the cotton bowl was cheering when Bradford got injured? That wasn't on a message board and was completely classless.

Horn fans are always talking **** about the state of Oklahoma. I don't get it.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Half of LT? There were like two posters that were happy TK went down. I know for a fact one of them is now on a little vacation from the board.

Remember when half of the cotton bowl was cheering when Bradford got injured? That wasn't on a message board and was completely classless.

When Bradford went down there was a big collective "Whoah" from the Texas crowd.... and catcalling at Stoops for putting him in too soon. We did give him a major round of applause when he went off the field.
There had been a lot of discussion on HornFans prior to the game that Stoops would play him, ready or not. In fact Texas fans had given Medium Game Bob considerable flack for years for sacrificing injured players for the sake of winning. Bradford's injury just validated Texas' fan opinion about Stoops.

And FYI, most Texas fans on the boards liked & admired Bradford during his OU years - one of the few Sooners who got positive commentary. Many still do. After all, if Colt McCoy knows he's a straight-shootin' guy, then that's good enough for us.

Talking stuff about Oklahoma? As if Sooners don't talk trash about Texas? Rivalries - that's what they are all about.

Funniest T-shirt I ever saw was about 30 years ago in Dallas on a Sooner - It said "Bevo ain't got no balls".

Ain't nuthin' wrong with rivalry trash talk unless it get to be truly hateful. Humor is the way to go - such as my annual $6 bet on the RRS with a good friend & restaurant owner. Closeup of my 2012 payoff that he hung on the wall of his bar:

Last edited by ScoPro; 11-11-2014 at 09:26 AM..

Old 11-11-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
lol at getting banned from The Shag. It takes a special kind of poor quality posting for the ban hammer to activate.
Have watched it happen there for years..

There are plenty of non-UT fans posting there who don't have any problems and don't suck up to the mods.

Then again the Shag has more than its share of idiot UT fans, many of whom are of the fair weather type.

As far as "what really happened" with all those NCAA sanctions, bowl bans, & the ouster of Switzer, please enlighten us as to the real meaning of what your long ago governor wrote in his book about the plan to bring the Sooner program up to the top tier. Not to mention how OU enticed (es) so many Texas football players, since without them they would just be another Mizzou.
First on the shag deal. I think I got banned for telling Hookemhoorah that his unhealthy hatred for Oklahoma must have come from getting his a$$ kicked by too many Oklahoma marines.

But his accusing us (Oklahoma settlers) of "genocide" was pathetic. But it's not surprising that Texans would stoop to something like that. Because they don't have a clue.

Just like your statement about the "governor bringing the Sooner program up to top tier" is inaccurate.

The University president (not the governor) and a regent discussed about upgrading the program with the help of returning war vets. As a result a lot of war vets tried out for the team prior to 1946. Most of them were from Oklahoma, and one of them was Darrell Royal.

I won't go into the probations other than to make a couple of brief comments.

The first two Oklahoma probations (1956, 1960) were basically double jeopardy over the same incident. The first one was a slush fund. The second one was due to some legal wrangling that had to due with an accountant who wouldn't release names concerning said slush fund. Every national champion besides Oklahoma got nailed on this one so it must have been standard practice. Oh by the way, so did Texas.

The second one occurred because a guy named Joe Wooley altered the transcripts of a couple of guys from Galveston Ball high school. He admitted it later.

Oh, by the way, Texas went on probation in 1964 for extra benefits (after '61 and '63 NCs) between these probations.

Third one was in 1980 and basically due to providing OU memorabilia on recruiting visits and taking off campus recruiting visits to Oklahoma City. (No real sanctions here-just a slap on the wrist).

The Fourth one was the big one that coincided with the player scandals. One of the major sanctions in this probation was because of Mack Brown. Of course that didn't stop Texas from hiring him 10 years later.

And oh, by the way, Texas went on probation during this period was well along with the rest of the SWC for cash payments etc. And Marcus Dupree, the most ballyhooed recruit Texas and OU ever went head to head with………….it was Texas that went on probation and not OU. In fact a Texas grad (Willie Morris) who wrote a book on Dupree and basically said that according to his sources, OU didn't cheat to get Dupree.

Finally, the mid 2000s probation. We had a rogue booster who let two Texans clock in and out without working (and during the season) after the compliance department had told team members not to associate with Brad McRae and Big Red Autos. Ironically, I was pretty close to this situation as the Aggie kid that leaked this story lived under my roof the summer before that.

Meanwhile Texas had a "friend" of Ramonce Taylor's dad paying off his SUV (remember the one with the broken window that had the dope in it).

I will address the Oklahoma getting Texas players issue after you get a chance to read this post.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

From just one current three page thread on the Shag…………Unprovoked by any Sooner.

Quote:
I didn't realize trailer parks had electricity in mobilehoma.
Quote:
Man, that's a real shame that those inbreds are turning on stoops.
Quote:
$#@! every mouth breathing, trailer-dwelling moron in that worthless, $#@! pile of a state.
Quote:
That kid should find another line of work, like washing cars and making meth.
Quote:
Oh, we already have the family atmosphere.
That was meant in the non-sister $#@!ing way.
This is pretty typical of Shag humor toward Oklahomans and other than the foul language pretty typical of all Texas message boards. And it is also pretty typical of some of the hostility during the Dallas weekend.

It is no big deal but I don't sense that Oklahomans feel ill will toward Texas or Texans or even the University of Texas to even close to this extent. Nobody up here says stuff even near that hateful about Texas or the people of Texas.

The saddest part is Texans actually believe it.

Last edited by eddie gein; 11-11-2014 at 02:23 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 08:01 PM

Typical revision - especially about UT's sanctions. Look them up. lol

Texas never came close to the level of cheating that plagued OU, SMU, & A&M. But if the "everybody does it" excuse works for y'all - like I've seen on more than one OU board, then go for it.

Of course you won't go into probations, not that I don't blame you. Whitewash away.

Ill will? Making jokes like you listed is just sophomoric smack which is present on any sports board. I don't have any ill will, but do tell OU & aggie jokes.

Foul language, or as Hoffdano put it, "profane"? Guilty as Hell.

You ought to sit in on my extended family reunion gathering - lots of aggies & T-sippers, a Sooner, an LSU Tiger, a Mizzou Tiger, several Texas Techsters (including my own granddaughter), & Texas State grads (they don't count though).

Old 11-12-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Typical revision - especially about UT's sanctions. Look them up. lol

Texas never came close to the level of cheating that plagued OU, SMU, & A&M. But if the "everybody does it" excuse works for y'all - like I've seen on more than one OU board, then go for it.

Of course you won't go into probations, not that I don't blame you. Whitewash away.

Ill will? Making jokes like you listed is just sophomoric smack which is present on any sports board. I don't have any ill will, but do tell OU & aggie jokes.

Foul language, or as Hoffdano put it, "profane"? Guilty as Hell.

You ought to sit in on my extended family reunion gathering - lots of aggies & T-sippers, a Sooner, an LSU Tiger, a Mizzou Tiger, several Texas Techsters (including my own granddaughter), & Texas State grads (they don't count though).
Typical revision? Typical Longhorn response.

I did go into the probations. I just didn't go into them at length because I can't post several pages. And I have looked at Texas' probations as well.

Yet, you aren't willing to even address the FACTS I quoted about Marcus Dupree, nor the FACTS I quoted about Mack Brown. You just dismiss them.

As far as the insults on the boards? Oh, yeah, "everybody does it" you say. HELLO? Didn't you just accuse me of using "everybody does it" excuse.

What you excuse as sophomoric humor, if directed at an ethnic group (instead of people from a state) would not be tolerated. So keep making excuses for your "classy" Texas buddies.

I'm glad you harbor no ill will and you have a nice mix of family members at your reunions………….and you can actually post about having family reunions without having people make wisecracks about trailers, meth, teeth, mullets, sister swapping and such.

I envy you.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
First on the shag deal. I think I got banned for telling Hookemhoorah that his unhealthy hatred for Oklahoma must have come from getting his a$$ kicked by too many Oklahoma marines.

But his accusing us (Oklahoma settlers) of "genocide" was pathetic. But it's not surprising that Texans would stoop to something like that. Because they don't have a clue.

Just like your statement about the "governor bringing the Sooner program up to top tier" is inaccurate.

The University president (not the governor) and a regent discussed about upgrading the program with the help of returning war vets. As a result a lot of war vets tried out for the team prior to 1946. Most of them were from Oklahoma, and one of them was Darrell Royal.

I won't go into the probations other than to make a couple of brief comments.

The first two Oklahoma probations (1956, 1960) were basically double jeopardy over the same incident. The first one was a slush fund. The second one was due to some legal wrangling that had to due with an accountant who wouldn't release names concerning said slush fund. Every national champion besides Oklahoma got nailed on this one so it must have been standard practice. Oh by the way, so did Texas.

The second one occurred because a guy named Joe Wooley altered the transcripts of a couple of guys from Galveston Ball high school. He admitted it later.

Oh, by the way, Texas went on probation in 1964 for extra benefits (after '61 and '63 NCs) between these probations.

Third one was in 1980 and basically due to providing OU memorabilia on recruiting visits and taking off campus recruiting visits to Oklahoma City. (No real sanctions here-just a slap on the wrist).

The Fourth one was the big one that coincided with the player scandals. One of the major sanctions in this probation was because of Mack Brown. Of course that didn't stop Texas from hiring him 10 years later.

And oh, by the way, Texas went on probation during this period was well along with the rest of the SWC for cash payments etc. And Marcus Dupree, the most ballyhooed recruit Texas and OU ever went head to head with………….it was Texas that went on probation and not OU. In fact a Texas grad (Willie Morris) who wrote a book on Dupree and basically said that according to his sources, OU didn't cheat to get Dupree.

Finally, the mid 2000s probation. We had a rogue booster who let two Texans clock in and out without working (and during the season) after the compliance department had told team members not to associate with Brad McRae and Big Red Autos. Ironically, I was pretty close to this situation as the Aggie kid that leaked this story lived under my roof the summer before that.

Meanwhile Texas had a "friend" of Ramonce Taylor's dad paying off his SUV (remember the one with the broken window that had the dope in it).

I will address the Oklahoma getting Texas players issue after you get a chance to read this post.
Oh yes, UT went on probation 3 different times over the decades - the worst one cost 5 schollies for one recruiting season - that was for the pair of cowboy boots Dupree had a UT assistant pay for, and lunch money handed out, plus McWilliams loaning his car to a player to drive a friend to class. Not as good a deal as the new double wide Dupree's mom got after he went to OU. He denies that, of course.

UT has never been anywhere near the level of OU - just Google up "most unethical college football programs" or cheating in "college football".

Here is the list of years each school was sanctioned. I don't notice any bowl bans for Texas, but check out the Sooner's dismal record - that should tell you something about the seriousness of team/coaching/booster infractions:

College Football (FBS) and NCAA Probation FootballGeography.com

Big Red Kia? There were quite a few more than 2 players on their payroll. Not even mentioning AD Peterson getting to "test drive" new luxury cars for months at a time - free of charge.

Ramonce Taylor was a drug dealer. No one from the Texas Athletic Department "had" someone paying off his SUV.

Mack Brown caused all Switzer's NCAA woes in the one season he was there? Did Switzer bang his wife too?

If you want to get into $100 handshakes/rogue boosters & free meals being common everywhere, then I'll agree with you.

Royal ran a clean program - when he was UT's AD he heard that some members of the basketball boosters club were contemplating buying a used car for a near destitute player. Royal called the whole booster board into his office and threatened to disband their club and permanently ban every one of them from all UT athletic events. (my brother was on the board, but was not among the guilty miscreants).
I think Stoops has run a clean program, fwiw.

I've read plenty of smack on Sooner boards and heard it first hand at the RRS, so trash talk goes both ways and has since I started going to that game 52 years ago.

BTW - my local OU fan friend with whom I've had a running bet on the Texas/OU game for the last 10 years said he would refuse my cash on principal after this last game - so instead I gave him this:

Last edited by ScoPro; 11-17-2014 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or