U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-30-2014, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,260 posts, read 9,560,096 times
Reputation: 8198

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
What a joke. Charlie can thank Bridgewater for the salary he's collecting now. What a whiff of a hire.
Lol, you're ready to get rid of Strong afte one year? Dude Mack Brown left this program a mess, its going to take a while to turn it around. Calm down. Pete Carroll was 6-6 his first year at USC, Jim Tressell was 7-5 at Ohio St, Nick Saban was 7-6 including a loss to LOUISIANA MONROE! Bob stoops was 7-5 at Oklahoma, Jim Harbaugh was 4-8 at Stanford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2014, 08:55 AM
 
1,623 posts, read 4,334,979 times
Reputation: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, you're ready to get rid of Strong afte one year? Dude Mack Brown left this program a mess, its going to take a while to turn it around. Calm down. Pete Carroll was 6-6 his first year at USC, Jim Tressell was 7-5 at Ohio St, Nick Saban was 7-6 including a loss to LOUISIANA MONROE! Bob stoops was 7-5 at Oklahoma, Jim Harbaugh was 4-8 at Stanford.
If anything, Strong made the wrong choice and should have stayed at Louisville. He probably would have been offered the Florida job by now, which would be a better cultural fit without all the backstabbing and lack of support he's getting at Texas now.

It isn't going to be easy for Strong because, unlike the Mack Brown glory years, Baylor, TCU, and Texas A&M are powerhouses now while they were also-rans before. It is going to be tougher for Strong and the results aren't going to be so quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,260 posts, read 9,560,096 times
Reputation: 8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim04 View Post
If anything, Strong made the wrong choice and should have stayed at Louisville. He probably would have been offered the Florida job by now, which would be a better cultural fit without all the backstabbing and lack of support he's getting at Texas now.

It isn't going to be easy for Strong because, unlike the Mack Brown glory years, Baylor, TCU, and Texas A&M are powerhouses now while they were also-rans before. It is going to be tougher for Strong and the results aren't going to be so quick.
A&M is a power house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2015, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,385 posts, read 8,376,472 times
Reputation: 6983
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim04 View Post
If anything, Strong made the wrong choice and should have stayed at Louisville. He probably would have been offered the Florida job by now, which would be a better cultural fit without all the backstabbing and lack of support he's getting at Texas now.

It isn't going to be easy for Strong because, unlike the Mack Brown glory years, Baylor, TCU, and Texas A&M are powerhouses now while they were also-rans before. It is going to be tougher for Strong and the results aren't going to be so quick.
You got two strikes there slim, but thanks for the laughs anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2015, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,879,146 times
Reputation: 16190
Stoops really needs to pound the recruiting trail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2015, 11:50 AM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,710,236 times
Reputation: 3054
If the Big XII Brass refuses to add two teams and make this a real conference then I'm all for OU leaving.

Regionally, as a South-Central/Southwest state it makes sense for Oklahoma to stay in the Big XII, but if the Powers That Be won't get their heads out of their hindquarters then it's time for OU to go to a real conference again.

I want the Big XII to expand, but it's wishful thinking at this point. All the Regents of each university care about is the per team payout, not staying relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2015, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,385 posts, read 8,376,472 times
Reputation: 6983
Well, ya can't blame it on DeLoser Dodds now.

The dynamics have changed with the new playoff system, which will undoubtedly be expanded to 8 teams eventually, so it is imperative for the Dinky Dozen to expand & reflect its name again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2015, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,633 posts, read 27,064,736 times
Reputation: 9577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well, ya can't blame it on DeLoser Dodds now.

The dynamics have changed with the new playoff system, which will undoubtedly be expanded to 8 teams eventually, so it is imperative for the Dinky Dozen to expand & reflect its name again.
Expand with what though. I'm not a fan of any of Cincinnati, Memphis, or BYU. Really, I wish Texas still went West. If this past year didn't show anyone else anything it's that Texas and OU are still the programs that move the needle in the Big 12. While TCU and Baylor are nice programs, there aren't any great football matchups outside of Texas vs OU. Not like you would get with the Pac 16, B1G, or even the SEC which has no chance of happening. One thing I think they do realize is this, they cannot stay at 10 times. Eventually they will have to expand but if they can't by the time we get closer to the ends of the GOR, I think the conference will die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,385 posts, read 8,376,472 times
Reputation: 6983
I was all hot to trot to the PAC 12 until the negotiations fell through. Too bad that the left coasters used the LHN as a strawman to nix the deal.
Would still like to see it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 07:21 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,710,236 times
Reputation: 3054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Expand with what though. I'm not a fan of any of Cincinnati, Memphis, or BYU. Really, I wish Texas still went West. If this past year didn't show anyone else anything it's that Texas and OU are still the programs that move the needle in the Big 12. While TCU and Baylor are nice programs, there aren't any great football matchups outside of Texas vs OU. Not like you would get with the Pac 16, B1G, or even the SEC which has no chance of happening. One thing I think they do realize is this, they cannot stay at 10 times. Eventually they will have to expand but if they can't by the time we get closer to the ends of the GOR, I think the conference will die.
"Expand Or Die"....that should be the Big XII's new slogan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top