U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 02:22 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,136,930 times

Advertisements

People need to understand that what happened eight games ago in Eugene was a game between two totally different teams, personnel-wise and injury-wise. Assignments may now be different, and some schemes may be different as well. Coaches can only do so much with the talents and skills of the student-athletes they have available to them.

Both the Ducks and the Wildcats have grown significantly since then, and they may see two completely different teams on the field at the Pac-12 Championship. It's doubtful that the same exact things will happen as the game develops. The media, Las Vegas, coaches and fans all may believe a certain way, but two teams still have to come together and play the game on the field!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 02:27 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,020,838 times
Good Luck Cats! Looking forward to an injury-free game. Although, I am feeling confident, I am still quite amped up and ready to get this thing going.

Go Ducks!

Old 12-05-2014, 03:15 PM

32,523 posts, read 26,415,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
People need to understand that what happened eight games ago in Eugene was a game between two totally different teams, personnel-wise and injury-wise. Assignments may now be different, and some schemes may be different as well. Coaches can only do so much with the talents and skills of the student-athletes they have available to them.

Both the Ducks and the Wildcats have grown significantly since then, and they may see two completely different teams on the field at the Pac-12 Championship. It's doubtful that the same exact things will happen as the game develops. The media, Las Vegas, coaches and fans all may believe a certain way, but two teams still have to come together and play the game on the field!
you are right colt. both teams have developed over the season, and both teams are going to be loaded for bear. in the end however for arizona, i dont think it will matter, win or lose, except that they would be pac12 champions. i think the cats are going to the fiesta bowl(best fit of the three projected(peach, cotton, fiesta)) this year. too much has to happen for the cats to get into the playoffs, let alone the rose bowl.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:53 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,259,760 times
Absolutely horrific tackling by the cats so far.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:05 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,020,838 times
Good luck in your bowl game. Represent the Pac-12 well.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 PM

give oregon credit, they came to win the game tonight. if this game doesnt cement the heisman trophy for mariota, then nothing will.

on the plus side, rich rod is staying at arizona.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:39 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,259,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
give oregon credit, they came to win the game tonight. if this game doesnt cement the heisman trophy for mariota, then nothing will.

Lol, I was gonna say that but thought I better not. Yes indeed, we have our coaching job at Florida covered, it's all good.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:48 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,136,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Obviously, I'm biased for the Pac-12 and its athletes, coaches and fans! Mariota is an exceptional athlete, and a person of excellent character. In my biased opinion, he definitely should be considered the front runner for the Heisman!

Last edited by Colt AZ; 12-06-2014 at 07:38 AM..

Old 12-06-2014, 08:17 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,614,812 times
I'm an SEC football fan, but I'm just gonna come out and say: Oregon's the best team in the country. There's just no doubt about that in my mind anymore. This is not a 'soft' Oregon team like a lot of people in Dixie or Big 10 country might think; the Ducks have become a more physical and imposing team on the lines. What I predicted two or three years ago is beginning to take shape: Oregon's offensive and defensive lines have gone jumbo. Everyone talks about Oregon's speed, and they've got that for sure, but they've got muscle in the trenches anymore. This isn't the same team that got bullied by Ohio State and LSU a few seasons ago.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I'm an SEC football fan, but I'm just gonna come out and say: Oregon's the best team in the country. There's just no doubt about that in my mind anymore. This is not a 'soft' Oregon team like a lot of people in Dixie or Big 10 country might think; the Ducks have become a more physical and imposing team on the lines. What I predicted two or three years ago is beginning to take shape: Oregon's offensive and defensive lines have gone jumbo. Everyone talks about Oregon's speed, and they've got that for sure, but they've got muscle in the trenches anymore. This isn't the same team that got bullied by Ohio State and LSU a few seasons ago.
and beyond their increased physicality, they have also increased their team speed substantially as well, along with their team discipline. so yes, bama, florida st, and TCU better be on their toes, and on their game if/when they play oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or