U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:14 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,536,502 times

Advertisements

Congrats to the Wildcats for upsetting No. 2 Oregon Ducks tonight! I'm a big fan of the Cats. Great win.

Arizona Wildcats @ Oregon Ducks - Thursday, October 2, 2014 - NCAA FB Game Centre - MSN Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 01:37 AM

73 posts, read 149,004 times
I'm on Eastern Time and it was certainly worth watching a game until 2:00 a.m.

I'm still laughing at Oregon's #91. When are they going to learn to hold the celebrations until you've won the game?

Old 10-03-2014, 04:58 AM

1,578 posts, read 981,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTales View Post
I'm on Eastern Time and it was certainly worth watching a game until 2:00 a.m.
I'm still laughing at Oregon's #91. When are they going to learn to hold the celebrations until you've won the game?
Yeah, it was a killer game.. congrats to Arizona. Their QB looked good, & Scooby Wright was lookin' like a collegiate JJ Watt last night.
I also agree Oregon looked foolish taking the late un-sportsman penalty.. Understood it was a big defensive stop, worthy of some celebration.. but personally I'm glad refs are working to trim down the celebrations.. they come after even the most routine bat-downs & stops now. Imo, continuous celebrations are making the college & pro games obnoxious.. If you're a DB or linebacker, you're supposed to tackle ppl & deflect passes.. it's not worthy of a dance routine.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:47 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
How about them Wildcats? What incredible play by Arizona on both sides of the ball! Congrats to the Cats!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:12 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,704,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Yeah, it was a killer game.. congrats to Arizona. Their QB looked good, & Scooby Wright was lookin' like a collegiate JJ Watt last night.
I also agree Oregon looked foolish taking the late un-sportsman penalty.. Understood it was a big defensive stop, worthy of some celebration.. but personally I'm glad refs are working to trim down the celebrations.. they come after even the most routine bat-downs & stops now. Imo, continuous celebrations are making the college & pro games obnoxious.. If you're a DB or linebacker, you're supposed to tackle ppl & deflect passes.. it's not worthy of a dance routine.
+1

Absolutely. I get so sick and tired of watching the players celebrate when they make a routine tackle, etc. A personal pet peeve of mine is when a player stands over another. Back when I played (aeons ago!) we did our job and got off the field.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:30 AM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
the cats played a heck of a game last night. i especially liked scooby ripping the ball from mariota late to ice the game.

up next, USC. i hope the cats can play them at the same level they did against oregon, if so then the cats will open the season 6-0.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:16 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,536,502 times
Tough loss for the Cats at home, but if they had to lose, I didn't mind that it was to the school where two of my kids are attending ----> SC!

Cats will regroup, get back on the winning track next game against Wash. St.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:31 AM

73 posts, read 149,004 times
Tough break. It was a field goal kind of a day. West Virginia hit a 57 yard one to beat Texas Tech and Arizona missed one that should have gone to lose to USC.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:23 AM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
too bad the cats didnt have a full come back in them this time. oh well, it should drop the cats to about 17 in th epolls, which is where they should be right now anyway. now we get a by week, and then washington state.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:04 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
The Wildcats are still growing into many areas of Coach Rod's football program. To me, it's surprising a loss hadn't happened before now because of the youth in so many positions, but Arizona definitely has been given a good plan.

I thought the #10 ranking was way too much, and it only happened because of all those upsets last week. The normally biased pollsters were scrambling, and were seriously sucked into the overall hype - because so many of their fave teams went down in flames! I would've preferred that they continued to ignore Arizona like they usually do, instead of overcompensating them up to #10!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or