U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:06 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,569,021 times

Advertisements

Even with Texas being down the last couple of years, Texas is still the most popular team in Texas. Suck on that Aggies.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...l-fan-map.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 02:55 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,100,634 times
How long will that last if the Aggies keep winning and the Longhorns keep spinning?

Old 10-03-2014, 03:55 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,569,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
How long will that last if the Aggies keep winning and the Longhorns keep spinning?
What have the aggies won since they've been in the SEC?

Old 10-05-2014, 05:47 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,708,386 times
A couple of amusing findings:

U of Cincinnati is completely ignored in Cincinnati.

The Oregon Ducks are the favorite team of the northern tip of Staten Island, coastal New Hampshire and Maine south of Portland, while the Florida Gators seem to own Vermont and New Hampshire.

And just to confirm what everyone already knows except Boston College alumni - Boston College is barely a blip in Boston and isn't even the favorite team in Massachusetts outside of Rte 128. UConn reaches well into southern and central Mass, while Syracuse is the most popular team in counties bordering NY State.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:05 AM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,200,442 times
From the article:

Quote:
"Only Southern Methodist, handed the “death penalty” by the N.C.A.A. in 1987, fails to break through..."
There are 12 FBS schools in Texas. They only named half of them (including SMU), so according to the map, they're apparently NOT the only ones who "fail to break through".

I'd think A&M's fanbase would be bigger than that and U of H pretty much dominates Houston in athletics.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:56 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,780,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
What have the aggies won since they've been in the SEC?
Actual games, which is more than anyone can say for Texas.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:01 PM

48,516 posts, read 84,021,758 times
Quote:
A&M is likely to lose state fans to even TCU and Baylor as they did recruits before leaving Big12.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:51 AM

2,433 posts, read 3,433,495 times
Someone mentioned UC being ignored in Cincy...that's true for football...not so for hoops...for football the metro doesn't seem to be dominated by any single rooting interests...I was upset living there because their paper didn't even cover the flagship school of Ohio, Ohio State barely at all...Cleveland, Akron, Toledo, & Dayton's papers all cover the Buckeyes nearly as much as the Columbus Dispatch. Not the Enquirer though.

Also, it shows S Carolina owns the Palmetto state...that's flat out wrong...when I lived in Rock Hill & Ft Mill, I saw many more Clemson flags and shirts than USCeast stuff...same was true in the Charleston area....only place I was in that seemed to lean Gamecocks was Columbia and Florence to Myrtle Beach.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:16 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,471,809 times
Quote:
Well, if you're keeping score you can start this week

Old 10-15-2014, 11:00 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,957,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Someone mentioned UC being ignored in Cincy...that's true for football...not so for hoops...for football the metro doesn't seem to be dominated by any single rooting interests...I was upset living there because their paper didn't even cover the flagship school of Ohio, Ohio State barely at all...Cleveland, Akron, Toledo, & Dayton's papers all cover the Buckeyes nearly as much as the Columbus Dispatch. Not the Enquirer though.

Also, it shows S Carolina owns the Palmetto state...that's flat out wrong...when I lived in Rock Hill & Ft Mill, I saw many more Clemson flags and shirts than USCeast stuff...same was true in the Charleston area....only place I was in that seemed to lean Gamecocks was Columbia and Florence to Myrtle Beach.
Having lived in Greenville since 04 I can safely disagree with you. Clemson's loyalists reside in the immediate upstate areas of oconee Pickens Anderson Greenville and Spartanburg counties. The rest of the state is USC all the way. Even the citadel elite of Charleston claim USC as their home team. Clemson's own die hards can be very fickel at times whereas USC fans will stay true even in bad times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or