Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:52 AM

73 posts, read 185,872 times

Advertisements

It's way too early! And don't you wish the committee meetings were aired? I'm thinking that no two, or more, members should be able to meet without it being recorded.

And they should only say what the current top four are so everyone else isn't influenced.

It's certainly a flawed system but it's so much better than anything before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 09:46 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,796,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTales View Post
It's way too early! And don't you wish the committee meetings were aired? I'm thinking that no two, or more, members should be able to meet without it being recorded.

And they should only say what the current top four are so everyone else isn't influenced.

It's certainly a flawed system but it's so much better than anything before.
True. And the SEC schools will beat each other out of it, anyway.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:12 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,965,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Arkansas played inspired in that game, how does that prove your point, especially considering how Alabama has been putting up points so easily in other games ????
Way to totally miss my point. The poster I was responding to was talking about how many points SC rang up on Auburn. I pointed out that, in its own way, Arkansas played just as well against Alabama. Thanks for playing.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:16 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,243,338 times
This is simple if Oregon wins out, they will play Alabama and then that team winner will move on to Florida St. Florida St will NOT win, so either Oregon or Alabama will win the title!!!

Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 PM

29,454 posts, read 16,321,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Way to totally miss my point. The poster I was responding to was talking about how many points SC rang up on Auburn. I pointed out that, in its own way, Arkansas played just as well against Alabama. Thanks for playing.
I got your point, your point just doesnt make sense.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:36 PM

29,454 posts, read 16,321,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
This is simple if Oregon wins out, they will play Alabama and then that team winner will move on to Florida St. Florida St will NOT win, so either Oregon or Alabama will win the title!!!
Oregon and Alabama both have multiple chances to lose before they get to that point.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:23 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,568,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
We'll see. Using your same logic, Auburn should beat Alabama handily because Auburn blitzkrieged Arkansas while Alabama squeaked with a one-point victory in an astounding display of mediocre offense.

South Carolina has to be the most manic-depressive team in college football this year. After all, they were totally hosed by TAMU, a team that coughed up 59 to Alabama, and then turned around to best Georgia. If I'm a Gamecock fan, I'm taking some major mood swing drugs. The theory is that Spurrier is now just coaching the games he wants to coach and is calling in the rest.

The thing about the Auburn/SC game is that Spurrier pulled every trick in the book out of his bag, and was also going up against his old DC. Hard to say how that intangible came into play.

Alabama does have the easiest path to the final four, I'll grant you that. But they'll still have to beat Missississippi State, LSU (A team that was left for dead three weeks ago), Auburn, and presumably Georgia to get there.
From the looks of it nobody wants to play defense this year. Kentucky put 31 on Miss St to that matter. I just thought Auburn was a little suspect and could get exposed. You got to factor in the intangibles like Spurrier, he does more with less. South Carolina is playing for its bowl berth life right now and I think at the end any team that came in contact with them, win or loss could be tainted. Georgia falls in this category too.

Don't get me wrong, I like Auburn well enough, more so than Bama. We'll see what cloth their cut from this Sat.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:03 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,243,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Oregon and Alabama both have multiple chances to lose before they get to that point.
One less chance to Lose for Oregon: Stanford was a breeze last night. Utah may end up being tough. After that, no one left except for Pac 12 championship. Should be in top 4 right now. Alabama has more chances to lose. I can't wait until they play Auburn. The SEC will just eat eachother alive.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:00 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,568,847 times
FSU has got to be seriously concerned with what they saw the Gators do last night.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:34 AM

235 posts, read 525,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
FSU has got to be seriously concerned with what they saw the Gators do last night.
To some degree but FSU has a more high power offense then UGA but also FSU will also see this a oppertunity to have a quality win since Florida isn't as bad was thought, but when you have Jameis Winston, they probably wont fear anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football