U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:16 AM

3,969 posts, read 3,635,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Right now, yes, but when both teams are on, Michigan/Ohio State is about the most intense rivalry I can think of. I've gone to an SEC school and I tend to be biased, but when you talk to Ohio State grads, you can sense just how much they absolutely hate Michigan, and vice versa. Coach Cooper got fired even after posting two or three 1-loss seasons -- one loss to Michigan.
Great rivalries don't just happen when both teams are "on".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 09:26 AM

8,380 posts, read 8,373,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
There is no rivalry like Bama/Auburn. This rivalry is alive and well 365 days a year, and it is like no other.
There are several rivalries just as intense - including Texas/Oklahoma..... which IMO is better because it is played at a neutral site in a 50/50 Cotton Bowl stadium on the state fairgrounds in Dallas. The overall venue is the kicker (again, IMO).
It's been that way since pre-WWII.

But all the major rivalries have their own different brand & character.

That's one big reason why college football is much more interesting than the NFL.

From Horns Illustrated:

Old 11-23-2014, 10:44 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,525,855 times
the NFL is unwatchable to me. After 35 years of watching athletes for hire, I just am bored out of my mind now with it. College football is so great, you have something like 128 teams all fighting do or die week in, week out for a chance to be number 1. The college crowd has so much energy and enthusiasm. The band is and those drums...its just an adrenalin rush. The music the networks play before the games always sounds like gladiators are about to rumble in the Coliseum. NFL games are like watching heavy weight boxing matches, wereas, college games are like street fights. Fast, impulsive and furious. Another thing I like is the constant change. You rarely see the same QB on your favorite team for more than 3 years..4 if you are lucky. College FB rocks like nothing else in sports.

Who doesn't get chills when you here this music? I do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXGWQmG5C9M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or