U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 06:32 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,283,520 times

Advertisements

(mod please delete if there already is one... Didn't see this thread yet)

Who is your 2014 Heisman and why?

Mine would be Melvin Gordon III ... He absolutely carries the Wisconsin team on his back because there is little to no passing threat.
He also just broke Tomlinson's single game rushing record -- and Gordon did it without playing a single snap of the 4th quarter.
To me, there is also something to be said about doing things the right way and making good decisions on AND off the football field. Todd Gurley is a good player but if you can't stand on the field, then you can't be in the race... Same goes for Winston. Why should players who do the right thing be penalized by having bone headed dudes ranked along side of them?

MGIII at least put to rest any comparison between himself and Ameer Abdullah with his dominant performance over Nebraska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 08:51 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,909,758 times
Dax Prescott should get an invite.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:52 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,858,628 times
Mariotta.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:20 AM

6,573 posts, read 10,306,611 times
Regardless of who wins the trophy, I'm pleased as punch that Garrett Grayson from Colorado State is on the Aspirant List. Never in my life did I ever think a kid from my alma mater would be mentioned in the same sentence as the Heisman Trophy.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:34 PM

48,516 posts, read 84,056,192 times
The problem is its supposed to be player who mean the most to his team. It its a contest of voters with the game rigged as we have seen many times. Many names of less known are not even known by most of USA.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:19 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,858,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The problem is its supposed to be player who mean the most to his team. It its a contest of voters with the game rigged as we have seen many times. Many names of less known are not even known by most of USA.
No it's not. It's supposed to be the most outstanding player in CFB. That's been Marcus Mariotta this year so far. If Melvin Gordon has a few more games like last Saturday though, he'd be a lock. Lol.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:30 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
(mod please delete if there already is one... Didn't see this thread yet)

Who is your 2014 Heisman and why?

Mine would be Melvin Gordon III ... He absolutely carries the Wisconsin team on his back because there is little to no passing threat.
He also just broke Tomlinson's single game rushing record -- and Gordon did it without playing a single snap of the 4th quarter.
To me, there is also something to be said about doing things the right way and making good decisions on AND off the football field. Todd Gurley is a good player but if you can't stand on the field, then you can't be in the race... Same goes for Winston. Why should players who do the right thing be penalized by having bone headed dudes ranked along side of them?

MGIII at least put to rest any comparison between himself and Ameer Abdullah with his dominant performance over Nebraska.
well it only took a week and Melvin is old news now. Honestly, that really sucks. Set a record thats stood for decades, and then 7 days later...Melvin who?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:38 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,373,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
well it only took a week and Melvin is old news now. Honestly, that really sucks. Set a record thats stood for decades, and then 7 days later...Melvin who?

Melvin old news? LOL... give me a break with that comment. This kid's been on the national radar all year and he has done nothing but be a dominating force for his team.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:31 PM

5,645 posts, read 4,233,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Melvin had 200 yards on Saturday and reached 2k for the season, he is not old news ... He will get an invite to the Downtown Athletic Club in NYC but I think the award is Mariotta's to lose.

Melvin broke LaDanian Tomlinson's record from 1999, not decades.. more like a decade and a half.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:07 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,021,182 times
Gordon and Cooper are both deserving players, but Marcus Mariota has been just as impressive. His 2014 stats are:

3103 yards passing, 32 tds 2 ints (yep, 2). He has an average of over 10 yards per throw while being sacked 25 due to a decimated OL. He leads the nation in passing rating to go along with roughly 600 yards rushing. He has also caught a touchdown. Great stats that certainly puts him in the discussion for the Heisman.

But, here is where I do not think people realize how good of a college player Mariota is. The dude is a machine. He hasn't just been the best player this year, his whole career has been fantastic. He is only the 6th player in the history to pass for 9000 yards and run for 2000. He has thrown a touchdown in every game. He is the only player to throw over 30 tds as a freshman, sophomore, and junior (with only 12 ints). He has a touchdown-interception ratio that destroys every qb who has played the game- including- Luck, Newton, Griffin, Bradford, Rodgers, Manziel, Tebow, and on and on...

http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2014/...esnt-mean-hell

And he isn't a complete piece of *&^$! No autograph mumbo-jumbo, ref pushing, rape allegations, and no crab legs.

Will he win? Shoot, I have no clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football