U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 11:10 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,262,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Curious...why do you despise Oregon? You must be either a Husky or Beaver (but you are neither). No one else truly hates the Ducks. Why would they? Who really hates the Ducks other than regional rivals? You are not from the Northwest, so...
That's a good question, I really don't have a good answer. Maybe it's a combo of the uniforms, and they're Johnny come latelys and the media really hypes them up. I got to say this though, they're impressive. It's the first complete Oregon game I've ever watched (except the Oregon-Auburn NC game a couple years back). The West coast games sometimes start late, 10 pm or so here on the east coast and I normally don't stay up that late, so I'm unfamiliar with them. And I'm an SEC homer and alot of anti-SEC sentiment comes from that area of the country so I feel compelled to give it back once in awhile, lol. They're good though, they deserve respect and their ranking. That game suprised me though, I thought Arizona could hang with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 11:52 PM

4,635 posts, read 3,990,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
8 team playoff.

- 5 spots go to the Power 5 conf champs. Win your conference and you're in.
- 3 wild cards. Either by the old BCS rankings or by committee. (Alternative: highest ranked mid-major plus two wild-cards.)
- BCS rankings or committee handles seeding the 8 teams.

Done.
Boom! The problem is that is too easy. I think after all of the games have been played there should be a large group of people without bias (or a smaller bias) voting (sports writers and other media people) to determine the top 8 teams with each spot getting a point value. Teams with the most points are selected. The new system is begging for corruption and a lot of bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Totally agree! The only question is who plays who??? Having #1 play #4 is stupid. Regarding the decisions coming from the "committee," the PlayOff committee seems more like a PAYOff committee--at least that's the way it looks to me......just saying'.....

Disclaimer: NOLES' fan here! Undefeated is undefeated and a win is a win. So when did teams have to start playing "pretty?!?!" Ridiculous.....
Well since they want to keep the bowls tied in....the only thing is that I would make it so the Cotton Bowl and the Peach Bowl only get to host a quarter final game. The semis belong in the big 4.
Game A1: Rose Bowl/Fiesta Bowl= Pac 12 Champ v. B1G Champ
Game A2: Orange Bowl/Sugar Bowl=SEC Champ v. ACC Champ
Game A3: Cotton Bowl= Big 12 Champ v. Wild Card
Game A4: Peach Bowl=Wild Card v. Wild Card

Game A5: Rose Bowl/Fiesta Bowl= Winner of A1 v. Winner of A3
Game A6: Orange Bowl/Sugar Bowl= Winner of A2 v. Winner of A4

Game A7: Winner of A5 v. Winner of A6

2014/15 could have looked like this with an 8 team playoff assuming Arizona and Kansas State both lose (which AZ already did).
Fiesta Bowl= Oregon v. Ohio State
Orange Bowl= Alabama v. Florida State
Cotton Bowl= Baylor v. Mississippi State
Peach Bowl= TCU v. Michigan State

Rose Bowl= Oregon/Ohio State v. Baylor/Mississippi State
Sugar Bowl= Alabama/Florida State v. TCU/Michigan State

Old 12-06-2014, 12:03 AM
JJG

13,250 posts, read 19,230,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
This would all be resolved by a 32 team play-off like they have in every OTHER NCAA division in football. Of course, that might really expose how weak some of the major conferences really are ...

16 MAXIMUM, dude. No more than 16, but it should be 8.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:26 PM

257 posts, read 532,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
TCU getting in over Ohio State AND Baylor is poetic justice, in my eyes...

TCU just fell out of the top 4. Enjoy the 6th spot.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:36 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,896,740 times
With the way Ohio State played tonight, I have a hard time seeing them not getting into the playoff. Looks like ti will be Oregon, Alabama, Florida State and Baylor. My money is on Oregon to win the title - not team has the offensive firepower to keep up with them.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:42 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,707,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
With the way Ohio State played tonight, I have a hard time seeing them not getting into the playoff. Looks like ti will be Oregon, Alabama, Florida State and Baylor. My money is on Oregon to win the title - not team has the offensive firepower to keep up with them.
At least one team did they are not undefeated

Old 12-06-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Make no mistake, FSU would handle those Ducks

Old 12-06-2014, 09:47 PM

5,732 posts, read 4,254,117 times
IMO, Baylor has NO SHOT. It's either TCU or OSU... but Baylor aint going... sorry.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:49 PM

257 posts, read 532,876 times
Quote:
I think it's Oregon, Alabama, Florida State and Ohio State. I am a staunch Baylor supporter/alumni but don't think we can sneak in ahead of Ohio State's blowout win tonight.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:49 PM

1 Bama
2 Oregon
3 FSU
4 Ohio St
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football