U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 06:33 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,029,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
With all due respect, those teams just don't have the athletes that FSU does. I still think Oregons better and that they'll win, but they'll probably have to do it by out-scoring the Noles. I get the feeling that this is one of those games that'll be tight part of the way but Oregons going to have a 10 minute sequence where things just go their way.
You called it. FSU was driving down field to take the lead early in the 3rd quarter. A handful of turnovers in rapid succession turned an interesting game into a blowout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 06:35 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,382,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
I think they got the final 4 right, even if Oregon destroys Fla St no committee was going to leave them out after 29-0 and champs last year.

Baylor cant say a word after getting a thumping by Mich St. TCU could have a slight argument but who would they replace other then Fla St in the top 4?

I am totally blown away at this score. Is it Oregon is that good or Fla St just is that bad?
Given the fact that that is the only real argument for FSU being in the playoffs is kinda crazy. I couldn't careless what they did last year, that was last year. I care about what teams did this year (last year TCU wasn't great, doesn't matter). This year they were undefeated. So what. People should have learned in 2012 that an undefeated team doesn't mean great team (see Notre Dame).

Who would they replace other than FSU in the top 4? FSU.

Is it Oregon is that good or FSU just is that bad? Oregon is a good team (I might argue TCU is better) and FSU is incredibly (and blindly) overrated.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
With all due respect, those teams just don't have the athletes that FSU does. I still think Oregons better and that they'll win, but they'll probably have to do it by out-scoring the Noles. I get the feeling that this is one of those games that'll be tight part of the way but Oregons going to have a 10 minute sequence where things just go their way.
You can have the best athletes in the world but if they don't play like the best athletes in the world it means nothing (See the rose bowl 2015)

Also it doesn't take amazing athletes to hold on to a football and not fumble it every possession.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:39 PM

328 posts, read 328,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
You called it. FSU was driving down field to take the lead early in the 3rd quarter. A handful of turnovers in rapid succession turned an interesting game into a blowout.
Issue is not just turnovers. Oregon has out played them every step of the way.

One was not a true fumble, the Oregon played just cleaned the ball out of Fla St player arms.

Famous not Jamies fumble was just because he is not used to not getting what he wants and was frustrated and did not look Heisman like on that play at all.

Fumbles or not, Oregon is beating them in all aspects of the game.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:45 PM

5,364 posts, read 6,005,443 times
Leaving out an undefeated team in a major conference would basically be saying winning doesn't matter and it's about style points and statisics which would be setting a dangerous precendent. That's the number one thing I hated about the BCS era , the obsession with style points

Old 01-01-2015, 06:45 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,029,543 times
I feel bad for FSU.

I've never seen a team win so many games in a row, win a national championship and get disrespected the way they've been. ESPN has had a definite anti-FSU slant and many people have bought into it. I can understand not liking Jameis Winston, but those guys even him have played extremely hard the past two years. 29-in-row with everyone spitting in your face is impressive.

I'm not really an FSU fan, and I'm happy to see Oregon break through and finally get the recognition they deserve. It's sad though that ESPN's narrative has been bought and consumed the way it has. They're downright giddy seeing the 'Noles lose. Kirk Herbstreit isn't just talking about FSU's miscues. He's really attacking their character. They want to paint the narrative that Oregon has more character and deserved to win because they're better people. Not because they were the better football team.

Congratulations Florida State.

Oregon, watch out. ESPN is trying to hype you guys up in hopes that Alabama takes you out. I'll be rooting for the Ducks on the 12th.

Last edited by jgn2013; 01-01-2015 at 06:58 PM..

Old 01-01-2015, 06:46 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,534,668 times
I wonder what Oregon's uniforms are gonna look like next week...

Old 01-01-2015, 06:47 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,983,579 times
It was only 18-13 at the half. Now it's Oregon 59-20 with just a minute left. Talk about taking a shellacking!

Whew, didn't see this one coming!

Old 01-01-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Leaving out an undefeated team in a major conference would basically be saying winning doesn't matter and it's about style points and statisics which would be setting a dangerous precendent. That's the number one thing I hated about the BCS era , the obsession with style points
It should be about both these things. FSU went undefeated (winning) but did it poorly (couldn't careless about the 2013 regular season/post season). There were many teams that had one loss but won their games in a much better fashion (I couldn't care less about style points), and they (the one loss teams) played tougher schedules.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:51 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,280,773 times
Good riddance, Infamous Jameis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football