U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 06:54 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,029,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Issue is not just turnovers. Oregon has out played them every step of the way.

One was not a true fumble, the Oregon played just cleaned the ball out of Fla St player arms.

Famous not Jamies fumble was just because he is not used to not getting what he wants and was frustrated and did not look Heisman like on that play at all.

Fumbles or not, Oregon is beating them in all aspects of the game.

Uh, it was turnovers. This was an 18-13 game and then the floodgates opened. Oregon played well and deserved to win. FSU's running game was gashing the Ducks, but the Ducks did a good job of ripping the ball out on defense.

FSU, similar to U of Miami back in the day, are the type of programs people love to hate. FSU won 29 straight. That was no accident. Oregon was the better team, and they won. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 06:55 PM

5,364 posts, read 6,005,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
It should be about both these things. FSU went undefeated (winning) but did it poorly (couldn't careless about the 2013 regular season/post season). There were many teams that had one loss but won their games in a much better fashion (I couldn't care less about style points), and they (the one loss teams) played tougher schedules.

Who cares how they did it, they won every game. That's my point leaving them out basically says winning doesn't matter it's how you do it and that's what I have a problem with. And I hate notre dame but they deserved to be Ithe national title game 2 years ago because they were the only undefeated team

Old 01-01-2015, 06:55 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,382,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I feel bad for FSU.

I've never seen a team win so many games in a row, win a national championship and get disrespected the way they've been. ESPN has had a definite anti-FSU slant and many people have bought into it. I can understand not liking Jameis Winston, but those guys even him have played extremely hard the past two years. 29-in-row with everyone spitting in your face is impressive.

I'm not really an FSU fan, and I'm happy to see Oregon break through and finally get the recognition they deserve. It's sad though that ESPN's narrative has been bought and consumed the way it has. They're downright giddy seeing the 'Noles lose.

Congratulations Florida State.

Oregon, watch out. ESPN is trying to hype you guys up in hopes that Alabama takes you out. I'll be rooting for the Ducks on the 12th.
FSU was impressive in their championship season. They weren't this year. Two different seasons. When people recognize that they are two separate seasons they will start to understand why people weren't a fan of FSU. I'm giddy FSU lost also because it just goes to show FSU can hang in there against decent teams but if they were to face a really good team (like they just did) then hanging in there wouldn't mean much.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Who cares how they did it, they won every game. That's my point leaving them out basically says winning doesn't matter it's how you do it and that's what I have a problem with. And I hate notre dame but they deserved to be Ithe national title game 2 years ago because they were the only undefeated team
A team that wins every game doesn't make a team the best team. The sooner people recognize that the better. See Notre Dame 2012. They went undefeated. I thought they were incredibly overrated then. I thought they didn't have a chance against Alabama (and I am far from an Alabama fan) and they really didn't have a chance. Just like they didn't have a chance against Oregon. At half time when FSU had no turnover I said that is going to change quickly and then FSU came out and played like poo.

FSU all year has been a team that has played good half games. Generally coming out not great but finishing strong. It was just the opposite in this game. They came out looking not to bad but in the second half they **** the bed.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:00 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,257,794 times
Oh well some days your the dog, some days you're the hydrant. It just might be Oregon's year

Old 01-01-2015, 07:01 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,764,514 times
well . lets see what happens in the other game ..

Old 01-01-2015, 07:03 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,029,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
FSU was impressive in their championship season. They weren't this year. Two different seasons. When people recognize that they are two separate seasons they will start to understand why people weren't a fan of FSU. I'm giddy FSU lost also because it just goes to show FSU can hang in there against decent teams but if they were to face a really good team (like they just did) then hanging in there wouldn't mean much.
They were fine, but got really sloppy. Oregon capitalized as good teams do.

People weren't fans of FSU because of the negative slant from ESPN and from a dislike of Jameis Winston. Basically the idea that he "got away" with stuff and wasn't properly put in his place. The type of people that love college basketball but hate the NBA. This goes far beyond crab legs and stained panties.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:07 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,890,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
8 I think would be too many, then you have Mich St beating Baylor and Wisc beating Auburn the B10 would have 3 teams easily in that final 8.

Still thinking 6 would work but this committee got it 100% correct this year in picking the final 4.
LOL 100 percent correct? When you have 1 loss teams not in a playoff with 1 loss teams that NEVER PLAYED EACH OTHER. Comical..All 1 loss teams need to get in or its not a true champ..sorry. There was NO basis other than bias to say 1 one loss team is better than another from a difference conference.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:10 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,534,668 times
Quote:

I'm not really an FSU fan, and I'm happy to see Oregon break through and finally get the recognition they deserve. It's sad though that ESPN's narrative has been bought and consumed the way it has. They're downright giddy seeing the 'Noles lose. Kirk Herbstreit isn't just talking about FSU's miscues. He's really attacking their character. They want to paint the narrative that Oregon has more character and deserved to win because they're better people. Not because they were the better football team.
You may be right, but FSU was in a great position because of all this. They could've used the "us against the world" mentality, "look how they're disrespecting us", etc. It's much easier being the team that's the 7-8 point underdog. Oregon handled the favorite label well and crushed 'em.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
They were fine, but got really sloppy. Oregon capitalized as good teams do.

People weren't fans of FSU because of the negative slant from ESPN and from a dislike of Jameis Winston. Basically the idea that he "got away" with stuff and wasn't properly put in his place. The type of people that love college basketball but hate the NBA. This goes far beyond crab legs and stained panties.
They were fine for half a game. That does not make a good team. A sloppy team doesn't make a good team. They have been sloppy all year and lucky they weren't playing a strong schedule like Alabama played or Oregon. When I have been arguing against FSU it has had nothing to do with Jameis Winston and what he has done off the football field. I don't care what ESPN say either. I know what I've seen in the games I watched this year and stats don't lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football