U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 12:00 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,845,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I should hire you and take you to Vegas....Amazing. If you call it right about the Natty, I will be a very happy Duck fan.
Hey wait a minute! I got dibs on him, he's going to Vegas with me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 12:56 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,983,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Hey wait a minute! I got dibs on him, he's going to Vegas with me!!
Heh, yeppirs!

Old 01-02-2015, 03:04 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,614 times
Just looked at some of the video from yesterday's games. I know I've said it already, but to reiterate, Oregon's the clear favorite. When you look at the plays that Ohio State made yesterday, they were impressive, but Mariota and Co. are a completely different animal than anything the Buckeyes have seen. Sims is a solid college quarterback and Bama's offense is good, but they rely a lot more on power running and going long with Amari Cooper. Mariota is also a bigger threat to take off with the ball than Sims. I actually think that despite losing, Bama would be the tougher test for Oregon for the simple fact that they've played a team that's good at running an offense that's similar to Oregon's - two teams in their division in fact. Of course nobody runs Oregon's offense like Oregon, but still, the style of play that Auburn and A&M play at least give a team like Bama some preparation. I may be wrong, but is there anyone in the big ten known for doing anything like the hurry up and the pistol?

And even if you play an Auburn or a Clemson...they're not Oregon. If they had hooked up last year, I might give Meyer's boys a chance. But teams usually don't do well the first time they play against that kind of warp speed.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:04 PM

2,890 posts, read 4,206,696 times
Chickenfried, I agree, Ohio has a lot of pounds up front on defense and the way Oregon plays, those boys on defense are going to be sucking wind by the end of the first quarter. If Ohio can over come this then they may very well beat Oregon, but that's a lot of conditioning to do in 10 days. If you look at FSU's defense in the 4th quarter they were ready to go home. Ohio doesn't offer much of a difference, Oregon has already played a few teams that resembles the Buckeyes offense and defense and the results were still the same.

My prediction: Oregon 45 Ohio 35

Old 01-02-2015, 08:53 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,870 times
Snoop Dogg liked the game.

http://instagram.com/p/xVQOAVv9FJ/

I don't know what is funnier, Snoop (a USC fan) pumped about Oregon's win, or how Snoop apparently lives in a college kid's cheap apartment.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:38 PM

313 posts, read 187,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Just because TCU crushed Ole Miss, does not mean they should have been in the playoffs. Florida State was 13-0 and clear ACC champions. Ohio State was 12-1, clear Big Ten Champions. Same goes for both Alabama and Oregon. TCU and Baylor fans can look at their conference and see why they did not make the playoff - they don't have a clear cut champion. The Big 12 needs to add 2 teams and bring back a conference title game.

The TCU and Baylor situation is another reason why the playoff field needs to be expanded to 6, or 8 teams.
I agree with the first paragraph completely. The four teams that made the playoffs all had two things in common: they played 13 games to get there and they won their conference outright.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:11 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,974,918 times
I expected Oregon to win by double digits, but not by 39 points...more like 10 to 20 points. Florida State really dropped the ball (no pun intended because of the fumbles...).

It isn't shocking that Ohio State won. I am shocked by how passive and predictable Bama was on D. The O wasn't good, but Bama is known for their D and it didn't show up. I really don't understand why Bama didn't blitz more (or at least show blitz more). They were going against a very inexperienced QB and made it way too easy for him to get comfortable.

I think Oregon will win, but if they make it too easy for Jones I wouldn't be shocked if Ohio State won.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:59 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,882,570 times
Despite the Oregon blowout, the first year of the playoffs has to be considered a big success. The Rose Bowl had over 91,000 fans, which I think was either a sellout, or very close to it. The Sugar Bowl had over 73,000 fans, which was very close to a sellout. The TV ratings were also massive for ESPN.

Mega ratings for ESPN's college football playoffs make cable TV history - Jan. 2, 2015

Old 01-03-2015, 01:11 AM

6,657 posts, read 6,425,671 times
The only way to beat oregon is to slow the game down to a snails pace and keep the ball away from the offense or oregon beats themselves. But no one has had had any luck this yeat slowing Oregons warp speed offense. And with an offense that can drive 98 yards in a minute or minute in a half if need be its hard to slow down.

I saw this today, i thought it was priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsbMv9d7Cg

Old 01-03-2015, 06:56 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,128,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Despite the Oregon blowout, the first year of the playoffs has to be considered a big success. The Rose Bowl had over 91,000 fans, which I think was either a sellout, or very close to it. The Sugar Bowl had over 73,000 fans, which was very close to a sellout. The TV ratings were also massive for ESPN.

Mega ratings for ESPN's college football playoffs make cable TV history - Jan. 2, 2015
I didn't even consider the TV ratings for some reason, but good ratings usually means $ucce$$ for all involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football