U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:54 AM

4,741 posts, read 3,695,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you mean the same ducks defense that shut down arizona, and held them to 224 total yards, 113 passing, and 10 first downs in the last game? the same ducks defense that has been doing that to teams all year long? one corner back does not make oregons defense, but shut down winston, and the florida state offense tends to collapse.
I kinda agree with banned -- FSU's going to be a different challenge for O's defense than Arizona. Even if they get to Winston, he's hard to bring down and he's a pretty good decision maker. He also has a lot of athletic guys to toss it too. I think FSU's going to score points. I just don't think they're going to score enough to keep up with Oregon. But if FSU can somehow surprise me on defense and show a dramatic improvement, that would be bad for the Ducks. But the trend doesn't bode well for the Noles. They've been horrible on defense. They're facing the wrong team to try and sort that out, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 02:37 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,059,182 times
Oregon has been injured all year. In the Pac-12 Championship, 7 offensive starters alone were out. Ifo's injury hurts for sure, but he has had a turf toe half the year, so the younger cats got plenty of playing time. We will get to see what young kid steps up and makes plays. It isn't like Oregon is recruiting scrubs. They will step up and do their job.

Last edited by Acuda; 12-19-2014 at 03:20 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 03:23 PM

33,091 posts, read 27,474,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I kinda agree with banned -- FSU's going to be a different challenge for O's defense than Arizona. Even if they get to Winston, he's hard to bring down and he's a pretty good decision maker. He also has a lot of athletic guys to toss it too. I think FSU's going to score points. I just don't think they're going to score enough to keep up with Oregon. But if FSU can somehow surprise me on defense and show a dramatic improvement, that would be bad for the Ducks. But the trend doesn't bode well for the Noles. They've been horrible on defense. They're facing the wrong team to try and sort that out, too.
you think FSU is going to be tougher to stop than say UCLA on offense? or UTAH? or michgan st?

check out the reviews of these games, and then tell me that FSU isnt in for a really tough game, and perhaps a big loss;

Oregon Ducks vs. Utah Utes - Recap - November 08, 2014 - ESPN

Arizona Wildcats vs. Oregon Ducks - Recap - December 05, 2014 - ESPN

Michigan State Spartans vs. Oregon Ducks - Recap - September 06, 2014 - ESPN

Oregon Ducks vs. UCLA Bruins - Recap - October 11, 2014 - ESPN

and remember all those teams were ranked in the top twenty when oregon faced them.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Status: "I've been posting here for 12 years!?" (set 8 days ago)

7,445 posts, read 8,424,669 times
Rooting hard for Ohio State to beat Alabama. If that happens, I don't care who wins.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:37 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,846,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Rooting hard for Ohio State to beat Alabama. If that happens, I don't care who wins.
duh took me a bit to understand your hatred of bama ...

Old 12-24-2014, 08:52 PM

2,948 posts, read 4,300,928 times
One thing I've noticed this year about FSU, when JW is under pressure he has a tendency to suffer from brain freeze, throwing interceptions, he has thrown 17 INT and only 24 TD. He better bring last years JW to the Rose Bowl or they will be blown away by the Ducks.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you think FSU is going to be tougher to stop than say UCLA on offense? or UTAH? or michgan st?

check out the reviews of these games, and then tell me that FSU isnt in for a really tough game, and perhaps a big loss;

Oregon Ducks vs. Utah Utes - Recap - November 08, 2014 - ESPN

Arizona Wildcats vs. Oregon Ducks - Recap - December 05, 2014 - ESPN

Michigan State Spartans vs. Oregon Ducks - Recap - September 06, 2014 - ESPN

Oregon Ducks vs. UCLA Bruins - Recap - October 11, 2014 - ESPN

and remember all those teams were ranked in the top twenty when oregon faced them.
With all due respect, those teams just don't have the athletes that FSU does. I still think Oregons better and that they'll win, but they'll probably have to do it by out-scoring the Noles. I get the feeling that this is one of those games that'll be tight part of the way but Oregons going to have a 10 minute sequence where things just go their way.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:00 AM

79 posts, read 82,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post

Had Braxton Miller played they would be No 1 and undefeated.
Dude,
Can I get you to tell me the Mega Millions numbers for next week too while you're throwing out absolutely ridiculous and untenable hindsight declarations?

Old 12-31-2014, 01:04 AM

79 posts, read 82,809 times
Bama 35
OSwho?- 17 (7 point moral feel good score in garbage time and an Urban Meyer cardiac event before leaving NO)

FSU- 37
Ducks- 35

Bama- 28
FSU- 21

Old 12-31-2014, 07:56 AM

I can't say for sure if OSU's going to beat Bama, and maybe the odds are against it, but I think people are underrating the Buckeyes based on past years' performances. Understandable to a degree, but think of the coach who's leading the program and his track record for getting good athletes at different programs. I think Ohio State's getting there, if they aren't there already. They may not win, but I'm betting they'll compete. And again, Bama's secondary in 2014 isn't as good as it was several years ago. Part of that is the spread of offenses and forcing Bama to commit more to stopping the short passing game, but that's something they could have done in the past that they're not doing with quite the same ease now. I would not want to be a Bama defensive back playing man coverage against OSU's receivers.

Regardless, these things are all about the match-ups. Different teams are going to pose different challenges. I think despite what I've written above, Alabama's one edge is that they've proven they can be successful against any type of football team. They can win grind-it-out football, or they can win a shoot-out. They can run with teams that are fast, and they can get physical in the trenches. They're just not as unbeatable as everyone seems to think, and I think Ohio State might have the chance to expose Alabama more than any of the other three teams out there. If OSU doesn't, I don't think Oregon or FSU will either, though FSU might have the edge in that Jimbo Fisher knows Nick Saban better than anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football