U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-31-2014, 10:06 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,900,686 times
Reputation: 2786

Advertisements

Just looking at Stubhub at ticket prices and both the Sugar and Rose Bowl are seeing high prices. Cheapest seats available on Stubhub for both are over $130/ticket for the upper tiers.

Compare that to the Orange Bowl where there are over 8,000 tickets up for grabs on stubhub with prices starting at under $8/ticket. You can get a lower bowl ticket for under $75/ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2014, 12:40 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,390,488 times
Reputation: 975
And this is why TCU should have been in the playoffs. Right now they are embarrassing a good Ole Miss Defense and completely shutting down their offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 12:52 PM
 
Location: alabama.
2,322 posts, read 1,777,930 times
Reputation: 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
And this is why TCU should have been in the playoffs. Right now they are embarrassing a good Ole Miss Defense and completely shutting down their offense.
people were in love with mississippi and ole miss earlier this year and even had them ranked 1 and 4 for a bit but forgot that they are still mississippi and ole miss .. they have always been bottom dwellers and still are ..yeah TCU is making them look bad but they hardly represent the strength of the SEC .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 12:56 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,390,488 times
Reputation: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
people were in love with mississippi and ole miss earlier this year and even had them ranked 1 and 4 for a bit but forgot that they are still mississippi and ole miss .. they have always been bottom dwellers and still are ..yeah TCU is making them look bad but they hardly represent the strength of the SEC .
A bottom dweller in the SEC beat Alabama, Almost LSU at LSU, and Miss St. (which was ranked #1 earlier this year). They also have the best defense in the SEC (when looking at points allowed per game) which says A WHOLE LOT about the SEC offenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 01:00 PM
 
9,701 posts, read 7,305,384 times
Reputation: 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
A bottom dweller in the SEC beat Alabama, Almost LSU at LSU, and Miss St. (which was ranked #1 earlier this year). They also have the best defense in the SEC (when looking at points allowed per game) which says A WHOLE LOT about the SEC offenses.
Not really, though. Ole Miss played a brilliant game against Bama, and their star wide receiver (now out for the season) had an incredible game.

If those team played 10 times, I would bet Bama would win 9 of them, but Bo Wallace had a career game, the receiver had an incredible game, and Bama played poorly the entire game.

No team is perfect, not even Bama. They can lose too, though they're probably the best team overall, and will probably win the title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 01:04 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,943 posts, read 2,390,488 times
Reputation: 975
I won't blame SEC fans for trying to say how overrated Ole Miss is after this game to try and explain away this abysmal effort. But as much as people try to say Ole Miss isn't that great, if they say that then they are in turn saying the SEC isn't that great because of what Ole Miss did in the SEC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 01:10 PM
 
Location: alabama.
2,322 posts, read 1,777,930 times
Reputation: 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I won't blame SEC fans for trying to say how overrated Ole Miss is after this game to try and explain away this abysmal effort. But as much as people try to say Ole Miss isn't that great, if they say that then they are in turn saying the SEC isn't that great because of what Ole Miss did in the SEC.
we are not great because of what ole miss did in the sec .. we are great because of what bama /aurburn/ lsu/ florida did in the sec .. the others are just coat tail riders ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 01:11 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,864,899 times
Reputation: 1825
Lol@ the SEC apologists.

3rd straight big bowl game loss by the SEC. It's more hype than substance nowadays. Bama is good this year though. That's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 01:28 PM
 
Location: alabama.
2,322 posts, read 1,777,930 times
Reputation: 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Lol@ the SEC apologists.

. Bama is good this year though. That's about it.
well .. we aint won yet ..and i`m not gunna say we will ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 01:30 PM
 
9,701 posts, read 7,305,384 times
Reputation: 9847
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I won't blame SEC fans for trying to say how overrated Ole Miss is after this game to try and explain away this abysmal effort. But as much as people try to say Ole Miss isn't that great, if they say that then they are in turn saying the SEC isn't that great because of what Ole Miss did in the SEC.
The SEC has a winning record in bowl games. The Big 10 has been garbage in bowl games.

I am not an SEC fan but it is what it is. Every year, they win far more bowl games than they lose, and this year will be no different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top