U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-17-2015, 01:16 PM
 
Location: The Dirty South.
1,573 posts, read 1,428,630 times
Reputation: 1097

Advertisements

TCU will win the big 12 this year. Oklahoma will be 2nd and Baylor 3rd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2015, 04:41 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,706,871 times
Reputation: 3054
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
TCU will win the big 12 this year. Oklahoma will be 2nd and Baylor 3rd
TCU is coming to Norman. I think OU gets back it's homefield mojo this year....regaining its status as toughest team to beat at home (which it has been the vast majority of the Big 12).

OU's toughest game will be against the Fighting Teddy Bears. There very well could be riots in Oklahoma if Baylor (BAYLOR!) blows out the Sooners again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 06:45 AM
 
Location: The Dirty South.
1,573 posts, read 1,428,630 times
Reputation: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
TCU is coming to Norman. I think OU gets back it's homefield mojo this year....regaining its status as toughest team to beat at home (which it has been the vast majority of the Big 12).

OU's toughest game will be against the Fighting Teddy Bears. There very well could be riots in Oklahoma if Baylor (BAYLOR!) blows out the Sooners again.
They say the qb for Baylor this year should be even better. We will see. Either way if TCU doesn't win the big 12 I can see OU winning the title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 06:47 AM
 
Location: The Dirty South.
1,573 posts, read 1,428,630 times
Reputation: 1097
I honestly think TCU was cut short from playoffs because they are not a big name big money school. Had UT or OU been in that position the big 12 would made playoffs last season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 08:26 PM
 
Location: C-U metro
1,366 posts, read 2,731,754 times
Reputation: 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Take CU back
They will once the PAC-12 kicks them out for lack of funding and not meeting conference requirements. It will happen if the PAC-12 champ could have gone to the playoffs except CU screwed over the team somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2015, 08:54 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 3,153,351 times
Reputation: 980
Bob Bowlsby: No indication that a majority of Big 12 presidents currently favor expansion | | Dallas Morning News

I know, shocking news there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2015, 10:51 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,706,871 times
Reputation: 3054
And Bowlsby does what he is told. Hopefully he'll (and the rest of the Big XII) we'll listen to OU's Pres. Boren who wields a big stick. We need to add teams. Boren is precisely right. I'm proud of him for leading the charge.

He also is right about the LHN.....gotta go if the Big XII is to survive. Same with OU's network. Every other Power 5 Conf. has divisional alignment, a Conf. Champion, and a Conf. Network.

Get done Big XII or die.

OU President David Boren wants Big 12 expansion, takes dig at Longhorn Network | Statesman U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2015, 11:03 AM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,706,871 times
Reputation: 3054
Another good article and informative video from the local news here in OKC.

Boren says Big 12 should expand, but be selective | News OK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2015, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times
Reputation: 9577
I really don't want it to survive. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,374 posts, read 8,369,074 times
Reputation: 6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
And Bowlsby does what he is told. Hopefully he'll (and the rest of the Big XII) we'll listen to OU's Pres. Boren who wields a big stick. We need to add teams. Boren is precisely right. I'm proud of him for leading the charge.

He also is right about the LHN.....gotta go if the Big XII is to survive. Same with OU's network. Every other Power 5 Conf. has divisional alignment, a Conf. Champion, and a Conf. Network.

Get done Big XII or die.

OU President David Boren wants Big 12 expansion, takes dig at Longhorn Network | Statesman U
No, he is not right about the LHN. Dunno why other schools are afraid - nobody watches it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top