U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 04:34 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,018,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Well, it's official. We've heard about it for weeks when the Niners were trying to make the playoffs, and now it is a reality. Jim Harbaugh has chosen to go to Michigan, back to the college game, back to his alma mater. He looked incredibly happy, right at home. Best of luck to him.

I predict that Michigan will get better under Harbaugh, but consistently fail to beat teams headed by coaches who are of the same vein as Pete Carroll and John Harbaugh. It will be interesting to watch. Those coaches whom Harbaugh can't beat, will be prime candidates to head NFL teams - the next generation of great NFL coaches. Jim Harbaugh will make a great deal of money getting the Michigan program some respectability, but he will always be a coach who comes up short because of his rigidity and limitations.
What is this non-sense?

Harbaugh is .500 against Carroll (6 wins) and the lost to his brother in the SB was more about the execution than the play calling. The only head coaches at his level in college football are Meyer and Saban. Based on the limitations at Stanford and the internal drama with the 9ers he did some incredible things. He has a positive atmosphere and a lot of resources. He has never experienced both at a high level at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu54 View Post
The schools and the coaches enrich themselves off the backs of the players. Why should a coach take home $8 million and the players only get a scholarship which they don't care about. They want to see some of that money too.
The money goes to the athletic department to fund other sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 04:56 PM

14,329 posts, read 19,636,461 times
Default No, not nonsense...sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
What is this non-sense?

Harbaugh is .500 against Carroll (6 wins) and the lost to his brother in the SB was more about the execution than the play calling. The only head coaches at his level in college football are Meyer and Saban. Based on the limitations at Stanford and the internal drama with the 9ers he did some incredible things. He has a positive atmosphere and a lot of resources. He has never experienced both at a high level at the same time.

The money goes to the athletic department to fund other sports.
He has lost to Carroll 4 of the last 5 times they have faced. I'd say Carroll has gotten better, while Harbaugh has not. John is a better coach than Jim, and Jim has never beaten John at the pro level. Execution, my arse. The play-calling was horrendous. He had two seasons to perfect it, and he floundered miserably. His limitations clearly evident.

We will see what level he's on during the college season, not brand him the greatest ever before then. Limitations at Stanford and internal drama with the Niners? Riiiight. Harbaugh has issues, which is Michigan's problem now. Like I said, he will have some success, but I doubt that his team will win it all, because of his limitations.

Only Harbaugh can prove me wrong.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:10 PM

2,599 posts, read 3,472,854 times
As an Ohio State fan I'm excited to have Harbaugh at the helm of the school up north...it will be more fun to beat a pretty good UM team than it has been to beat bad UM teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or