U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 07:59 AM

1,561 posts, read 1,659,887 times

Advertisements

Didn't watch any of the post game shows after the OSU game as I had to work today but I'm sure all we will hear is how Alabama lost the game and OSU didn't win it, how it doesn't "count", that OSU got lucky, etc.... I get that OSU has some obnoxious fans and many people don't care for them but some of the hate defies logic.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:23 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,557,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu54 View Post
Just makes you wonder what would have happened if there was a playoff for the past 10 years.
I know right. In past years Alabama because they play in the S-E-C would have played an overrated Florida st team because they were undefeated and probably would have crushed them. Then everybody would have said "see, look how goood the S-E-C is."

Old 01-02-2015, 08:26 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,171,344 times
Quote:
Just makes you wonder what would have happened if there was a playoff for the past 10 years.

Yup, this year it would be FSU vs AL and we'd have a non deserving Champion.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:29 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,557,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, y'all have waited, what, ten years to finally make a legitimate claim that the SEC is overrated. Like I was sayin in 2012, all any Big 12 or Big 10 team had to do was prove it on the field. Like FSU did last year, like more teams did this year. But sorry, the SEC owned the nation for a decade. Times Chang, coaches change, teams change. The only real pastings were against the two Mississippi trams so it ain't like the SEC got rolled. Everyone forgets about how Auburn went undefeated but left out of the natty and had to watch pretenders from Norman OK get rolled by USC
Nah, I knew the S-E-C was overrated last year when Alabama(the gold standard of the S-E-C)got their asses handed to them Oklahoma.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:36 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
Quote:
Exactly. I am not saying this to pile on the SEC, but the fact that college football has not had a playoff ever before, has always made the national title winner mean less. That goes for 5 years ago and even 20 years ago. They needed a playoff and they now finally have one.

Just imagine this year if they did not have a 4 team playoff? You would have so much arguing and fighting between who would get to play Florida State. You'd have Ohio State, Oregon, Alabama, Baylor and TCU all crying they should have been given a shot.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:36 AM

13,720 posts, read 25,535,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Auburn is the defensive juggernaut. LOL

Miss St 49
Miss 42
Bama 42
Auburn 34

lol.

Just think, without this playoff we would have had Bama vs FSU. Just Another sorry ass joke. God, I love this playoff system already.
Who said Auburn was a defensive juggernaut? They hired Muschamp for $1.7M to fix their defense.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:39 AM

13,720 posts, read 25,535,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Didn't watch any of the post game shows after the OSU game as I had to work today but I'm sure all we will hear is how Alabama lost the game and OSU didn't win it, how it doesn't "count", that OSU got lucky, etc.... I get that OSU has some obnoxious fans and many people don't care for them but some of the hate defies logic.
OSU has seriously obnoxious fans. Plenty of video to show it. I'm surprised they didn't set cars on fire last night to celebrate.

But OSU beat Alabama. It is that simple. Bama's secondary is not what it needs to be. And their DL generated little pass rush. Some pretty bad tackling too. I dislike OSU a lot, but I was impressed with their play last night.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:48 AM

2,749 posts, read 2,370,127 times
I don't see how the SEC losing a few bowl games suddenly means they're overrated & not a good conference. The history of their bowl wins speak for themselves to solidify them as a top conference. Growing up in Wisconsin, I saw year after year SEC teams beating up on Big 10 teams. They said during the pregame or game yesterday that Wisconsin is 2-7 vs SEC teams in bowl games So who is overrated here?

If SEC teams were overrated all those years, then wouldn't that mean they would face far better teams in bowl matchups & get clobbered? That didn't happen. Not even close.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:55 AM

4,668 posts, read 6,113,139 times
If there hadn't been a playoff this year #1 Bama and #2 FSU would have played in the Championship game.

Imagine if all those Oregon and USC teams over the last 10 years had been given a shot at the title game.

SEC was dominant over the last 10 years because they pretty much got an automatic bid in the championship game.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:56 AM

3,093 posts, read 4,135,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Why would you hate Ohio St?

Please explain.
You ever been around their fans? Complete a**holes to people visiting Columbus. Texas fans still remember the treatment from the 05 game.

Total jack wagons that don't deserve the team they have.

Add that to fact that they are literally the only legit national title contending program in their entire region and get to fatten up on weaker teams and you get your recipe for hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or