U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 10:33 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,527,136 times

Advertisements

Amazing story, 3rd string qb that could start on nearly every top team in the nation. I like your coaches honesty, its refreshing. When asked what does this mean: "It means we are good enough". Heck yeah you are. I did not give you guys a chance in H... to win this, even keep it close. I don't think ANYBODY did outside of Ohio. Next you face my Ducks. I don't see any weaknesses in your team. Your QB has Ice in his vains..hats off to him. HOWEVER since you have beat my Ducks 8 times in a row, I sure hope you QB finds his first bad game on a big stage. Man, to think, if this were the BCS, our teams would have played in the Rose Bowl, and FSU and Alabama would have played in the Natty.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:56 AM

6,657 posts, read 6,423,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I have to say congrats to the Buckeyes, that was a very good game. Now they face the Ducks, this is going to be an even better game. Oregon has never beat the Buckeyes, the last time they played each other was in 2009.
But on a side note, Ohio St has never played this type of an Oregon Duck team. Whoa to anyone who tries to play the uptemp speed game with Oregon.

But yes congrates for beating 'bama.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:39 PM

16,977 posts, read 8,633,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
No one thought they should even be in the playoffs and now they are one of the two best teams in America.

Awesome BUCKEYES!!
Not everyone. This Cornhusker fan knew they should and could. Congrats

Old 01-06-2015, 08:43 AM

2,413 posts, read 3,428,355 times
The funny thing is, OSU was better at almost every position than Alabama and that was a Sr laden team and our Buckeyes are all Freshman and Sophmores.

We dominated that game. Some mistakes in the redzone and a bad fumble early on allowed Alabama to get that 21-6 lead. We don't make those mistakes, OSU is up 17-7 at that point and rolls to something like a 52-21 type of a win.

Can't wait to play Oregon. Want to see what they do when they actually get hit in the mouth by a physical but fast Defensive line. I don't think we can stop them but I think we can slow them down some...and I'm not impressed by their defense. OSU won't turn it over 5 times in 1 half. I think we are looking at a 45-38 type of game.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Amazing story, 3rd string qb that could start on nearly every top team in the nation. I like your coaches honesty, its refreshing. When asked what does this mean: "It means we are good enough". Heck yeah you are. I did not give you guys a chance in H... to win this, even keep it close. I don't think ANYBODY did outside of Ohio. Next you face my Ducks. I don't see any weaknesses in your team. Your QB has Ice in his vains..hats off to him. HOWEVER since you have beat my Ducks 8 times in a row, I sure hope you QB finds his first bad game on a big stage. Man, to think, if this were the BCS, our teams would have played in the Rose Bowl, and FSU and Alabama would have played in the Natty.
Lol history between Oregon and Ohio St is just that "History" The oregon ducks of the Rich Brooks, Mike Bellotti and even Chip Kelly days are not the same ducks today, thou Mike Bellotti and Chip Kelly are credited for starting the spread in Oregon, its still not

Pg 1/2

Old 01-06-2015, 11:42 AM

Pg 2/2 continued

the same system Ohio St faced the last time in the Rosebowl under chip kelly. In fact if i remember that game correctly, it was the year where QB Jeremiah Masoli or Darron Thomas and 3/4ths of the Ducks where freshman and 2nd year players that year?

But never the less i expect a good game and yes congratulations is in order for beating bama. But in my opinion, it appears the whole level of competition this years wasn't on the same level of the past? But im very glad the Playoffs are here and the old BCS is gone.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:22 PM

16,977 posts, read 8,633,785 times
Congrats again! Way to represent.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:57 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,980,909 times
Will close this thread as another one popped up regarding tonight's win. The other thread I'll make a sticky for a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football