U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 08:13 AM

13,720 posts, read 25,525,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Before anyone celebrates, remember the score was only 35-20 not really a dominant victory. No i predicted that the team to beat Oregon was Oregon and oregon did beat themselves with stupid mental errors. The experts where correct about the first half, oregon was beating themselves, easy wide open drop balls, stupid offensive penalties, not capitalising on mistakes and oppertunities. This was much like the arizona game which oregon themselves lost, limiting themselves to less then 200 yards rushing, making stupid mental mistakes. But the saying about football is true "any given sunday".

Much like the Fla st game, Oregon forced 5 turnovers, Oregon this season scored 130 points off turnovers this year. Like i said self imploaded. The team i saw today wasn't the one who scored 130 points off turnovers. Part of it had to do with Ohio St but most of it had to do with Oregon themselves.

But i will agree that Ohio St head coach had his team mentally prepared. Except for the opening drive
The score was 42-20. OSU did this in spite of 4 turnovers. Oregon made plenty of mistakes - but OSU gave up the ball repeatedly.

I wanted Oregon to win. But OSU completely dominated the line of scrimmage. Oregon couldn't tackle, was in the wrong position repeatedly, and left OSU receivers open downfield. OSU trounced them.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:17 AM

1,573 posts, read 1,428,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
If we're talking about the same play, then that was a linebacker.
It was the nose guard.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:28 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,220,455 times
Last time I fall for the Oregon hype. I thought for sure they would win this game.. i had no dog in the fight but was expecting a Duck runaway. I guess that's what happened only the Ducks ran the wrong way.. ugly..

Last edited by mco65; 01-13-2015 at 09:09 AM..

Old 01-13-2015, 08:41 AM

1,573 posts, read 1,428,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Last time i fall for that Oregon hype. I thought for sure they would win this game.. i had no dog in the fight but was expecting a Duck runaway. I guess that's what happened only the Ducks ran the wrong way.. ugly..
Ducks always been over hyped. And some of their fans act like they got the best team since sliced bread. They have a Alabama strut with a Vanderbilt trophy case. Overrated. You could have sworn Oregon played in the sec with all the hype they got this year.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:13 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,220,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Ducks always been over hyped. And some of their fans act like they got the best team since sliced bread. They have a Alabama strut with a Vanderbilt trophy case. Overrated. You could have sworn Oregon played in the sec with all the hype they got this year.
It is one thing to lose but watching this game was like watching D1 vs D2.. it was no contest. Oregon could not stop OSU and struggled picking up first downs on offense. If not for the 4 turnovers, this game was a 40 point blowout!

Could be Oregon just ran into a BUZZ saw but until they beat quality teams outside of Eugene and the PAC12, I have little faith in them.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:21 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,028 times
Quote:
Seems like Oregon never learned from auburn a few years ago. Did you see Ohio states quarter back run through one of Oregon's DEFENSIVE LINEMAN that right there proves Oregon isn't that physical. Props to Ohio state. My family in Youngstown should be proud.
They actually did learn and anyone who's been following the PAC-12 knows that Oregon's developed into a more powerful team than they were a few years ago. They just weren't powerful enough, but neither was Alabama. At the end of the day, Ohio State was bigger and stronger than the entire field. They just had too many freakish athletes for anyone to hang. It's a great recruiting and coaching job by Urban Meyer. That doesn't mean that Oregon's "soft", though, and most of the teams they played - including Michigan State and FSU - would disagree with that assessment.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:23 AM

5,364 posts, read 5,998,429 times
Urban got the perfect recruiting situation..he's recruiting the brutes up front from the Midwest to have a physical line while recruiting sec speed from Florida on the defense and the skill positions how do u stop that

Old 01-13-2015, 09:23 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,028 times
Quote:
I kinda have to agree with you on this: you don't start runnin' serious smack about being the best program in football until you actually win a national championship.

But Ohio State fans have been insufferable the past 12 hours. Can't wait until Harbaugh delivers them Buckeyes a good beat down.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:27 AM

28,250 posts, read 26,220,119 times
Quote:
It was the nose guard.
I stand corrected. That's even worse.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:43 AM

2,097 posts, read 1,828,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I stand corrected. That's even worse.
For clarity, there were two plays where Jones had big hits on Oregon players. On one he ran into a linebacker and flattened him. Linebacker did make the stop though. The second was the nose tackle. He flattened him and kept running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or