U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 12:55 AM

6,657 posts, read 6,422,448 times

Advertisements

Pg 2/2

Continued:

the defense tackled etc.

Look im not saying that if Oregon played there "A" game or wasn't beating themselves that Ohio St wouldn't of won. Im saying it would of been alot closer. I saw an oregon team who wasn't mentally ready for that game. Football is a game of 60mins. After the first few dropped passes in the second and third drive i could see it went down hill from that point on. Further im not even saying that Ohio St isn't a greater team, what im saying is if anyone truly watched and followed Oregon play during the whole season and was a Ohio St fan to, they would feel that Oregon beat themselves and they would feel sadness knowing if both Oregon and Ohio St played there "A" games we would of seen a truly epic game. No celibrate you won the national championship, congrates.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I saw an oregon team who wasn't mentally ready for that game.
Football is a game of 60mins. After the first few dropped passes in the second and third drive i could see it went down hill from that point on.
Nah, I don't buy that. If Oregon had fallen behind 28-0 in the first half, you could make the argument they weren't ready for that game. But Oregon jumped out to a quick 7-0 lead, and at that point, it looked like the Oregon machine's winning the national title was inevitable -- until Ohio State answered with a flurry of its own.

Mistakes are part of the game. Both teams made mistakes. You can defend Oregon all you want, but the bottom line is that a year from now, nobody will remember much about Oregon except that they got beaten by 22 points in the biggest game of the year. It happened to my team a few years ago, so I know it's tough to take, but that's how teams are remembered.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:42 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,110 times
Quote:
Oh brother, talk about big 10 and SEC Bias. You guys are not using logic. The reality is if Oregon lost because Ohio St was bigger and stronger then how in the hell did Oregon beat Mich st worse then Ohio St did or how did they get past Stanford, UCLA, Arizona, Utah etc etc all the teams have bigger stronger lines.
1) We actually watched the national championship with an objective lens. We saw the beat-down on the lines that Ohio State was giving Oregon.

2) Those other games mean nothing. They were at different times of the year, and Ohio State was mostly a group of sophomores and freshmen who were maturing from week to week. One reason why I thought Oregon would win was because of their experience, but it didn't matter.

Quote:
Since none checked out the reference of the Arizona game being almost exactly like this game lets take a look ok.
Seriously, give it up. Nobody *cares* about the Arizona game. It's irrelevant.

Oregon lost.

Oregon was *dominated* by a better team, Ohio State.

Ohio State gave Oregon *four* extra possessions and the so-called best offense in college football could only muster a TD and a FG out of it - and still lost by 22 points.

Ohio State's offensive line threw Oregon around like a rag doll.

Ohio State's defensive line contained Mariota and the defensive backs never gave him good options for passing the ball.

Dude, it's over, and Ohio State mopped the floor with a mop of Duck feathers.

Accept it.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:41 AM

328 posts, read 328,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
1) We actually watched the national championship with an objective lens. We saw the beat-down on the lines that Ohio State was giving Oregon.

2) Those other games mean nothing. They were at different times of the year, and Ohio State was mostly a group of sophomores and freshmen who were maturing from week to week. One reason why I thought Oregon would win was because of their experience, but it didn't matter.

Seriously, give it up. Nobody *cares* about the Arizona game. It's irrelevant.

Oregon lost.

Oregon was *dominated* by a better team, Ohio State.

Ohio State gave Oregon *four* extra possessions and the so-called best offense in college football could only muster a TD and a FG out of it - and still lost by 22 points.

Ohio State's offensive line threw Oregon around like a rag doll.

Ohio State's defensive line contained Mariota and the defensive backs never gave him good options for passing the ball.

Dude, it's over, and Ohio State mopped the floor with a mop of Duck feathers.

Accept it.

Thank you!

99.9% of us get it, Ohio St totally controlled the game in all aspects and Oregon WAS HANDED THE BALL 3 times and Ohio St responded by shutting down what was suppose to be an unstoppable offense.

Oregon was prepare, Oregon was ready but what they were not ready for was Ohio St physically and mentally beating them badly. Even Mariotta facial expressions showed his easy road to all those easy TDs and wins was about over.

I heard in the pre game how great Oregons O line was, so big and physical. I heard how great Oregons D line was and those two 6'8" DE we so quick and strong.

Well, both of those big boys ended up being carried off the field, Mariotta got hammered and was off the field, many Oregon players went off the field hurt and tired.

Out of everything I saw, Oregon new early they were going to get hammered because Oregon resorted to one of the dirtiest games I have ever witnessed for a college bowl game.

The taunting, the late hits, the holding down of Ohio St players by their helmets, the extra shoving etc was easy to spot.

Oregon players were dirty, but the boys from Ohio showed them B10 football of beating your mentally and physically took its toll on Oregon and Alabama.

Again late last night Fox Sports announcer said this has to be one of the best total teams ever to win it all. I agree.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:43 AM

328 posts, read 328,713 times
Quote:
Pg 2/2

Continued:

the defense tackled etc.

Look im not saying that if Oregon played there "A" game or wasn't beating themselves that Ohio St wouldn't of won. Im saying it would of been alot closer. I saw an oregon team who wasn't mentally ready for that game. Football is a game of 60mins. After the first few dropped passes in the second and third drive i could see it went down hill from that point on. Further im not even saying that Ohio St isn't a greater team, what im saying is if anyone truly watched and followed Oregon play during the whole season and was a Ohio St fan to, they would feel that Oregon beat themselves and they would feel sadness knowing if both Oregon and Ohio St played there "A" games we would of seen a truly epic game. No celibrate you won the national championship, congrates.

This was Oregon's A game.

This was a smack down, Ohio St mistakes had not have happened this would be a 55-10 destruction of a Duck.

Ohio St handed them the ball 3 times and Oregon could not do a darn thing because Ohio St was prepared and ready.

What you saw was Oregons A game, the best they could do against a powerful opponent.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,056,787 times
Quote:
Oh brother, talk about big 10 and SEC Bias. You guys are not using logic. The reality is if Oregon lost because Ohio St was bigger and stronger then how in the hell did Oregon beat Mich st worse then Ohio St did or how did they get past Stanford, UCLA, Arizona, Utah etc etc all the teams have bigger stronger lines. Yes Oregon mentally beat themselves. Since none checked out the reference of the Arizona game being almost exactly like this game lets take a look ok. Oregon in the game against Arizona in Eugene rushed for less then 200 yards, Made alot of offensive penalties, the oregon receivers dropped alot of passes and the defense didn't tackle. So its obvious that Arizona is dominant against Oregon? Or was it Oregon beating themselves mentally? Because later Oregon met Arizona in the Pac 12 championship game and beat Arizona 51-13, what was different? Oregon rushed for 324 yards and total offensive was 630, Marcus went 27-40 for 302 yards passing. Recievers were catching, very few penalties and

Pg 1/2
You still don't provide a convincing argument. So Oregon rushed for less than 200 yards; sounds like a good defense to me, whether it was execution (players) or strategy/tactics (coaches). Very few penalties? not correct, in the loss OU had 10 penalties, 79 yards and in their win had 13 penalties for 83 yards.

How about you show us any OU loss that you believe was because the other team played better, rather than OU beating themselves?

Old 01-14-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Nah, I don't buy that. If Oregon had fallen behind 28-0 in the first half, you could make the argument they weren't ready for that game. But Oregon jumped out to a quick 7-0 lead, and at that point, it looked like the Oregon machine's winning the national title was inevitable -- until Ohio State answered with a flurry of its own.

Mistakes are part of the game. Both teams made mistakes. You can defend Oregon all you want, but the bottom line is that a year from now, nobody will remember much about Oregon except that they got beaten by 22 points in the biggest game of the year. It happened to my team a few years ago, so I know it's tough to take, but that's how teams are remembered.
Nope stats say it all and the Mich St, Arizona games back them up. Ohio St should be sending flowers and cards saying "thank you". JMHO

Its not tough to take, it just in reality Ohio St is just not as dominate as they appeared and how you and others are making them sound. Thats all.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:51 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,902,000 times
Quote:
Nope stats say it all and the Mich St, Arizona games back them up. Ohio St should be sending flowers and cards saying "thank you". JMHO

Its not tough to take, it just in reality Ohio St is just not as dominate as they appeared and how you and others are making them sound. Thats all.
Whining about stats won't change the outcome of the game - Oregon got dominated by a superior team, plain and simple. The victor has been decided - get over it and move on .

BTW - l believe the final score states how dominant Ohio State was in the game.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Wow maybe you should replace the forum title from "College football" to the SEC & B 10 worship forum. If you don't want other opinions?

@chickenfriedbananas, MB86

Your ignoring the obvious. How do you explain Ohio St giving up more points to a Michigan st team that Oregon did, that Oregon beat too and scored more points then Ohio St did? How do you explain Oregon getting beat by a bigger, stronger line? When Oregon has faced bigger, stronger lines in almost every opponent they faced?

I can say with confidence that the PAC-12 has some of the biggest, stongest lines. Take a look at Mo Latu, DL, Arizona State, James Atoe, OL, Washington, Zach Banner, OL, USC. Further i believe that even Stanford has one of the biggest lines in CFB. Thats all im saying. Oregon beat themselves mentally.

@gichicago

First its U of O, not OU. I was talking about critical offensive penalties on 3rd down and short for example and further i also believe the experts also said that "Oregon is beating themselves".

Pg 1/2

Old 01-14-2015, 02:12 PM

Pg 2/2

Further you could say that Arizona played better then Oregon did in eugene for the ducks only regular season loss. But then again Oregon beat them by 51-13 in the PAC-12 championship game. So is Arizona a better team or more dominate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or