U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:29 PM

977 posts, read 1,631,268 times

Advertisements

You listen to what I'm (and everyone else is) saying. What happened months ago is irrelevant (pretty sure I put something like that in my first comment...yep it's still there). Ohio State lost at home to Virginia Tech. Oregon lost at home to Arizona. Neither of those games matter.
No, what you're saying isn't true. Oregon did not beat themselves, Ohio State beat them. You are delusional.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:49 PM

6,657 posts, read 6,429,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
You listen to what I'm (and everyone else is) saying. What happened months ago is irrelevant (pretty sure I put something like that in my first comment...yep it's still there). Ohio State lost at home to Virginia Tech. Oregon lost at home to Arizona. Neither of those games matter.
No, what you're saying isn't true. Oregon did not beat themselves, Ohio State beat them. You are delusional.
Oh ok whatever, you have a team who averages 45.4 points per game, who has the most takeaways +30 in the NCAA, has the highest points off turnovers at +135 points(could be wrong with exact number) has the most yards on offense then any team in the NCAA at 8205 yards and averages 547 yards per game and your calling me delusional because i said they beat themselves or had a bad day by scoring less then 21 points, rushing under 200 yards only scoring a fieldgoal with one of the turnovers that Ohio St had?

Eh ok, im the delusional one. Aloha

Old 01-14-2015, 10:16 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,919,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
...Listening to you SEC & B 10 loyalist zombies talk about your teams you would think they could beat NFL teams and catch bullets in there teeth and the lines can stop tanks. No Humility...
LOL - no humility? Here's what I posted a few pages back...

"...I'm an Alabama fan, but I have to say they did the same thing with Alabama - physical domination and some darned good option plays..."

You keep posting the same rhetoric and expect a different outcome .

Old 01-15-2015, 04:09 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,612,202 times
Quote:
Oh ok whatever, you have a team who averages 45.4 points per game, who has the most takeaways +30 in the NCAA, has the highest points off turnovers at +135 points(could be wrong with exact number) has the most yards on offense then any team in the NCAA at 8205 yards and averages 547 yards per game and your calling me delusional because i said they beat themselves or had a bad day by scoring less then 21 points, rushing under 200 yards only scoring a fieldgoal with one of the turnovers that Ohio St had?

Eh ok, im the delusional one. Aloha
Those are impressive stats, but they weren't the kind of stats put up against Ohio State, were they? Arizona is not Ohio State. Arizona State is not Ohio State. Florida State in 2014-15 is not Ohio State. None of those teams were Ohio State. They played a different team in Ohio State, and got different results.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:22 AM

977 posts, read 1,631,268 times
You are trying to compare the 2 teams by using everything except what matters....head to head.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:59 AM

328 posts, read 329,173 times
Oregon just completely DESTROYED phyiscally and mentally by the more powerful, stronger, fast and more athletic Buckeyes.

Oregon got LUCKY to even score the 20 they did and only because of Ohio St mistakes.

Ohio St outplayed them in every area on the field.

Now you are acting like it was just a bad game by the Ducks.

It was not, they played out their potential and ran into one of the best teams ever put together in a National Championship game. A complete TEAM who destroyed Oregon and made Mariotta and those others so called stars look like Jr High players.

Good meme going around the net.

Ohio St Buckeyes
National Champions

Our 3rd string QB outplayed your FAKE HEISMAN winner.

Ohio St was not given a shot because everyone bought into this lame high powered quick strike offense and the Buckeyes SHUT THEM DOWN completely. Oregon played their best and Ohio St just was better, smarter, more athletic, quicker and completely made Oregon look foolish.

No more excuses, OHIO ST won it all by destroying everyone in their path and with a 3rd string QB, no team could ever do this other then this team. That is a complete and solid team.

Once again Oregon acts all bad and once again Ohio St puts a whoopin on them.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Those are impressive stats, but they weren't the kind of stats put up against Ohio State, were they? Arizona is not Ohio State. Arizona State is not Ohio State. Florida State in 2014-15 is not Ohio State. None of those teams were Ohio State. They played a different team in Ohio State, and got different results.
Look at the similarities between the Arizona game in Eugene and the Ohio St game. Then tell me you don't come to the same conclusion i did? They have alot in common with one another. Then later Oregon beats arizona by 30+ points in Pac -12 championship. So was Arizona not that good or was Oregon in Eugene earlier having a bad day or beaten themselves?

We all want to ignore stats but stats and W/L ratios got our teams to bowl games and the playoffs. The ohio St team that played the championship game wasn't the team who lost to Virgina tech. Ohio St must of had a bad day that game or beat themselves? Because the way they played THAT game wasn't upto

Old 01-15-2015, 11:47 AM

There true potential? Now you may get what im saying now?

Old 01-15-2015, 02:11 PM

506 posts, read 343,041 times
Quote:
Look at the similarities between the Arizona game in Eugene and the Ohio St game. Then tell me you don't come to the same conclusion i did? They have alot in common with one another. Then later Oregon beats arizona by 30+ points in Pac -12 championship. So was Arizona not that good or was Oregon in Eugene earlier having a bad day or beaten themselves?

We all want to ignore stats but stats and W/L ratios got our teams to bowl games and the playoffs. The ohio St team that played the championship game wasn't the team who lost to Virgina tech. Ohio St must of had a bad day that game or beat themselves? Because the way they played THAT game wasn't upto

Oregon was not having a good day because the Buckeyes were pounding them into the ground.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:54 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,580 times
Just got back from the game in Arlington. Stayed a few days after to visit my brother in Fort Worth. In fact, my brother's Fire Station is right across the street. Every time I go up there I am reminded how much better Austin is than North Texas. The tOSU fans were alright, better than LSU fans, but worse than most Pac-12 fans. LSU fans could at least drink a beer, crack jokes, and had better food...and then they would get too drunk, yell Tiger Bait and nosedive into the ground..and that was at about 10 am.

We got beat up for sure. After the first drive, I turned to my friends and thought, we got this. And then tOSU made adjustments and we never, ever did. Eventually we were just worn down, out coached, outplayed, outmatched. Frost was back to his old conservative self inside the redzone. I know we had several starters out throughout the year, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Ohio State is simply better than us. Heck, even had we not dropped those early balls and went up 14-0, I do not think we would have held on.

It is funny to hear people's opinion and see how narratives develop. Oregon is soft, always have been, always will be. We beat the %#*! out of a big, physical FSU team and for about 2 hours people claim, well, maybe Oregon is not soft. tOSU beats Bama and within a day it is back to Oregon is soft. We lose, er, get smoked by tOSU and we are soft forever. It is very obvious some people do not really know much about football when that narrative is the same- Oregon's DL is soft- we run a 3-4 which requires good physical LBs to fill gaps and stop the run. Our DL went to war with 5 very big and talented tOSU OL all night long- that wears them down when our LBs blow- and they do blow. They really haven't been good all year. They can't tackle and are horrible in coverage. I actually felt our DL did well doing their job of eating blocks. With no support from our Lbs, that pass rush stopped early and there was no chance to stop the run- even though it was the same darn play over and over. That Elliot kid is wicked good though.

I am not even going to respond to some of the stupid comments about hiring track athletes to play football. Once that is said, it is just dumb and trolling and all credibility is lost. Also, the whole Mariota is a fake Heisman candidate, man, just got to shake my head about that. No use discussing that.

Here's the thing- Oregon has lost 2 Nattys in 5 years. Lost the Rose Bowl in 2009. However, we have won 2 Rose Bowls and a Fiesta Bowl. Most teams would take that in a heartbeat. Hell, if you want to be a fan of an also-ran SEC, Big 12/Big 10/Pac-10/ACC or whatever conference and whine about us only winning the Rose Bowl be my guest. Beat your chest all you want about your conference and then %&$# the bed in the Belk Bowl, or Taxslayer, Weed Eater, Hobo Bowl, go for it. I'll party it up in a former BCS bolw. They're a lot more fun than second tier bowls. Cheers, bros! I keep things in perspective, Oregon is a school of roughly 25,000 in the middle of Oregon. We have absolutely zero recruiting base near us and try to recruit nationwide. Sure, Nike gives us exposure, but if you really think that it is only because we have Phil Knight and fancy unis that we have been to 2 Nattys, won 2 Rose Bowls and a Fiesta in the last 5-6 years while also ignoring the fact that I believe we are the winningest program in the Pac-12 in the last 25 years, then you have rocks in your head.

Oregon needs to get better if they want to win a Natty. We need to continue to get bigger and stronger on the lines for sure. This was really the first year we put a major emphasis on bulking up on the lines. But, we also need better LBs if we continue to run this 3-4. Do we want to get big DTs and NTs- aaa, yup. But so does every other program in the nation. Those guys are hard to get and especially hard to get them up here to Oregon, so we make due with what we have. Besides, there are Southern programs that have big lines and they don't do jack. We are a top program based on our record and putting players into the NFL the last 5 or so years. We beat 5 top 25 teams this year- 3 in the top 10. Are we up there with Bama and tOSU?- not yet. And why don't you wait until we see how 7 win Sark does at USC. He has never scared Oregon much.

Finally, I was stunned we lost. But, Oregon fans continuing to argue tOSU fans is ridiculous. It is clear that the very act of winning has gotten their dormant prepubescent hormones re-energized. Good god, lock up the family pet. It's going to be a rocking time in the Midwest until Spring Ball. We got beaten, badly. They won, we need to move on. If I remember correctly tOSU got smoked by Florida (and also LSU won too). If we can come back within 5-7 and win one I will be stoked. On to watching my Seahawks crush things again (now, that's a whole 'nother tale of misery growing up a Hawk fan).

Since the game is over, this thread should be too.

Last edited by Acuda; 01-15-2015 at 03:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or