Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 11:08 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times

Advertisements

It will be very interesting to see how Carrington's suspension impacts this game, both in terms of the psychological impact on his teammates and also the strategy itself. It's not like losing Mariota, but it could be significant. The Ducks will lose some of its speed, and speed is Oregon's game. They still have strength on the lines to be reckoned with, and they've still got big, physical receivers. But the power and size that Oregon has is used to complement their ultimate weapon, which is speed.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:55 AM

328 posts, read 434,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
It will be very interesting to see how Carrington's suspension impacts this game, both in terms of the psychological impact on his teammates and also the strategy itself. It's not like losing Mariota, but it could be significant. The Ducks will lose some of its speed, and speed is Oregon's game. They still have strength on the lines to be reckoned with, and they've still got big, physical receivers. But the power and size that Oregon has is used to complement their ultimate weapon, which is speed.

Really makes me wonder how long has this kid been on drugs and if others on this team are also drugging up.

Ohio St can match them with speed.

The only issue for me is 1. Ohio St is full of freshmen and sophomores playing. 2. Turnovers.

Oregon to me has only experience over Ohio St. They are not any more talented overall so Ohio Sts only issues would be the above for me.

Does anyone know that if Ohio St wins this game it will be the very first time a team has beaten the top 3 finishers in the Heisman Trophy voting ever?

They destroyed a very good Melvin Gordon and Wisconsin, beat Amari Coopers Alabama team and now have a shot to beat Mariotta.

Anyone here listen to Fox Sports Radio or ESPN.

Funny how all year long the shows kept saying how great Mariotta was and should be the No.1 pick and wins the Heisman. Then they get beat by Arizona and he is done, stock now downhill.

Months later they switch back to Mariotta is so great, he is back in the Heisman running.

Now they are doing it again. All I hear is how Winston is a much better QB then Mariotta and how Mariotta is not a NFL type QB.

These guys change with the wind.

Come on guys, post your picks!!!

Old 01-10-2015, 12:11 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
It is getting near, only a few days left to go to the big game.

Who do you have?

Myself ( being a Buckeye fan I have to go with the more physical, smarter, younger team that no one expected to be here )

Ohio St 44
Oregon 37
Its a very unique situation. Since the 2006 season every year an SEC team were playing in the National Championship game til this 2014 season. Coach Meyer, started it with beating Ohio State and he ended it with Ohio State. Gator fan here, I'm pulling for Ohio State, going to be an interesting game.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:28 PM

328 posts, read 434,183 times
Ohio State destroyed a much more talented team a few years back when Kelly was coaching and a far less talented Ohio St team.

Braxton Miller would be one who Oregon could not stop at all if he were playing, hoping Cardell runs and burns them deep.

Urban pulls this off with a 3rd string QB and 6 total starters not playing it will be the best coaching job you will ever witness.

Many like normal dont give the Buckeyes a chance like they did against Alabama, so it will be interesting the game plan for Ohio St with a 3rd string QB.

Getting real excited to see if a young less experienced Ohio St team physically beat up Oregon like they did Alabama and wear down Oregons O line so they can sack Mariotta over and over.

If Ohio St wins this game they will have beaten the SEC champ, the Pac champ and now people can finally just stop the hate and jealousy of Ohio St.

LOL Someone posted above the losses Ohio St has suffered in championship games. So what, at least they got to that game like this one.

This team is loaded with youngsters and talent and if they win or lose, they will win a title very soon and a team with a 3rd string QB does happen to win this the entire college football world will have to wake up knowing Ohio St did this when everyone never thought they had any chance at all.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:43 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
It is only a distraction if you let it be. For years Oregon has developed a culture that will not allow this to be a distraction. Ohio State is just another faceless opponent and we will move ahead just like we moved ahead when Ifo Elpre-Olumo went down. It has been like this for years. Now, we have the athletes who are not such a huge drop off like in year's past. Next man up!

Here is what still is on the field: over 2400 yards receiving, 24 tds, plus 3000+ rushing yards and 40+ tds. Plus, we have Mariota!

Go Ducks!

Old 01-10-2015, 04:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
win or lose this year, ohio state will be a force to be reckoned with next season, that is for sure. oregon not so much. however arizona may take their place next year. who knows, maybe next year we will see an arizona/ohio state final.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Like i said earlier or in another thread, the oregon today is not the oregon of chip kelly or mike belotti era, thou chip and belotti will be creditted in bringing the spread to oregon, the way its played today by oregon is far different and more superior then in the past. If oregon loses they will lose because they beat themselves like they did with arizona. Yes missing carrington is going to challenge us. And in the fla st game, i don't think oregon went full throttle. We will have to wait and see.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Urban Meyer is 2-0 in National Title games where the opposing team's QB won the Heisman and shut them down both times. It wouldn't shock me to see him do it again.
Saw on ESPN today that Urban is 5-0 at Ohio State in games where the Buckeyes were the underdog.

At Media Day today, the team was talking about how their defensive practice included lots of aerobic exercise and running plays with a 16-second "shot" clock, to combat Oregon's exteremely fast pacing.

I say Buckeyes by 3 TDs. 42-21

Old 01-10-2015, 07:53 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Saw on ESPN today that Urban is 5-0 at Ohio State in games where the Buckeyes were the underdog.

At Media Day today, the team was talking about how their defensive practice included lots of aerobic exercise and running plays with a 16-second "shot" clock, to combat Oregon's exteremely fast pacing.

I say Buckeyes by 3 TDs. 42-21
I saw that and what Joey Bosa said.

Meyer isn't that stupid enough to believe 1 single week of practice with aerobic practice is going to be effective. Seriously, think logically, 11 days of wind sprints to combat a team that has been doing it for 6 years is frivolous. USC tried that and they got boat-raced. No, he is going to focus on what the Bucks do well defensively and how he believes his defense will defeat our offense. tOSU may win, but it will not be because they did win sprints for a week. But, I hope they are that stupid.

Last edited by Acuda; 01-10-2015 at 08:06 PM..

Old 01-10-2015, 08:17 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Darren Carrington of Oregon Ducks ineligible for national championship, Mark Helfrich says - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football