U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:38 PM

3,792 posts, read 6,524,573 times

Advertisements

Umm no let me take you back down memory lane a little bit the first 1st was 14- 6 Bama .The 6 points that PSU gained were from field goals. The 3rd qt was when OSU stepped it up hence winning by a touch down. Hell to be honest OSU did not score a TD until late in the end at just 1 td. Most of tOSU POINTS in the first half came from field goals. Hey numbers downtime people do. Dominanted ? Ha ! No the 3rd qt was the game changer for tOSU bud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 08:47 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,801,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
When your in conference includes such juggernauts as Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers and Maryland I guess you better schedule some stellar non-con opponents like Western Michigan, Northern illinois and Hawaii.
All of which are better programs than the three I mentioned. But good job letting the point zoom right over your head.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
All of which are better programs than the three I mentioned. But good job letting the point zoom right over your head.
If they are not in one of the power 5 conferences then they are in the same category. N Illinois , W Mich , S Illinois, FIU , W Kentucky , Central Mich , Marshal Thundering Herd , North Texas , and Illinois State Red Birds are no different than playing Jacksonville or Charleston State. And if they are then pleeeeease tell me how they are ?!

Side note those are 10 none power 5 opponents that the BIG play out side of other cup cake teams that are in the BIG such as Maryland and Purdue.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
If they are not in one of the power 5 conferences then they are in the same category. N Illinois , W Mich , S Illinois, FIU , W Kentucky , Central Mich , Marshal Thundering Herd , North Texas , and Illinois State Red Birds are no different than playing Jacksonville or Charleston State.
SEC logic at its finest.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
SEC logic at its finest.
That's all you were able to come up with ?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
That's all you were able to come up with ?
Nothing else need be said.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Nothing else need be said.
Lack of better words , translated into : I do not have a solid structured comment. Because I know the ten non power 5 opponents that we're mentioned are no better than let's say the Univeristy of South Alabama Jaguars.

Hey I'm From the south we believe in lending a helping hand.So I just helped you admit what you were to proud to say ( tips hat like the southern gentlemen I am).

Old 01-04-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Lack of better words , translated into : I do not have a solid structured comment. Because I know the ten non power 5 opponents that we're mentioned are no better than let's say the Univeristy of South Alabama Jaguars.

Hey I'm From the south we believe in lending a helping hand.So I just helped you admit what you were to proud to say ( tips hat like the southern gentlemen I am).
No. Saying that Charleston Southern is the same as Northern Illinois is extremely stupid.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:45 AM

Again if they are not in the SEC , ACC , BI0 , B12 , or PAC Then you can group N Illinois , W Mich , UAB , and others all in the same basket. We can go back and forth with this debate but what is solidly true is that they are NCAA division 1 schools that are not in the power 5 but they play power 5 oppenents and would probably never be in the play offs even if they were undefeated. My friend I'm done with beating this horse with my " SEC Logic" but I'll be around to debate other topics with you outside of this one............

Last edited by PortCity; 01-04-2016 at 08:58 AM..

Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 AM

529 posts, read 280,334 times
I think the bigger point, is not whether or not Northern Illinois is better than Charleston Southern (they are), rather it is taking the ENTIRE schedule into account, Bama's is stronger than the Buckeyes'. Even though Bama's non-con featured some very weak teams their entire schedule is still tougher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football