U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:43 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,804,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I like the CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves. I used to like the CU Buffs, but after horrid recruiting and sex scandals, players being charged with duct tape rape, etc., I've decided to hate that team.

Colorado doesn't have any other Division 1 teams, as the CSU Rams and Air Force play in the lowly mountain West.

I follow the SEC West myself. Any team besides Alabama, I'll root for. I respect the West because they have this Strength of Schedule thing going on. They also have to play each other, which can make for good games.

Who do the Luckeyes play next? Jacksonville A&M Western?
Have you looked at some of the teams SEC schools play in their non-conference schedule? Presbyterian? Heck, Auburn almost lost to Jacksonville State. Arkansas lost to Toledo (and lost to ULM a couple of seasons ago). You need to work on your trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 08:53 PM

14,582 posts, read 22,426,770 times
OhSts strength of schedule is killer.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Arkansas lost to Toledo (and lost to ULM a couple of seasons ago). You need to work on your trolling.
You know, it's funny that you would pick on lowly Arkansas.

Seeing how the Razonbacks played A&M last night, I'd bet the Buckeyes would lose sleep dreaming of a match up with a team like that.

Putting the lowly Razonbacks and their two non-SEC-West losses aside, let's look at what the rest of the SEC-West has done, shall we?

19-4, with those four losses all coming from other SEC-West opponents.

Good for the Buckeyes winning the college post-BCS championship though. You'd think that, in light of such recent success, they might schedule in some SEC opponents, even lowly SEC-East ones might do.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
You know, it's funny that you would pick on lowly Arkansas.

Seeing how the Razonbacks played A&M last night, I'd bet the Buckeyes would lose sleep dreaming of a match up with a team like that.

Putting the lowly Razonbacks and their two non-SEC-West losses aside, let's look at what the rest of the SEC-West has done, shall we?

19-4, with those four losses all coming from other SEC-West opponents.

Good for the Buckeyes winning the college post-BCS championship though. You'd think that, in light of such recent success, they might schedule in some SEC opponents, even lowly SEC-East ones might do.
Are you really that obtuse? Schedules are set years in advance. Ohio State did have dates with Tennessee. The Vols backed out.

Kudos to the SEC for knocking off the likes of Presbyterian and Wofford.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:02 PM

Sooner or later, the SEC-WEST has to play each other. That's why they're so good.

I'm not obtuse wrt the Buckeyes cupcake schedule/conference nor is anybody else.

Every week on some sports radio show or some sports tv show, they're talking about this.

Jim Rome is the one who glossed them the Luckeyes.

I could care less about all of this.

I have no reason whatsoever to talk about the recent dominance / sucess of the SEC-West.

This is just observation on my part.

After watching Ohio State beat Alabama last year, I was personally on board. I was a fan and extremely impressed with that backup qb.

The only team with a worse cupcake schedule imo is the Ducks, and Thank God for the Utah Utes last night! Would much rather see TCU and/or Baylor get their shot in the Top Four this year.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Sooner or later, the SEC-WEST has to play each other. That's why they're so good.

I'm not obtuse wrt the Buckeyes cupcake schedule/conference nor is anybody else.

Every week on some sports radio show or some sports tv show, they're talking about this.

Jim Rome is the one who glossed them the Luckeyes.

I could care less about all of this.

I have no reason whatsoever to talk about the recent dominance / sucess of the SEC-West.

This is just observation on my part.

After watching Ohio State beat Alabama last year, I was personally on board. I was a fan and extremely impressed with that backup qb.

The only team with a worse cupcake schedule imo is the Ducks, and Thank God for the Utah Utes last night! Would much rather see TCU and/or Baylor get their shot in the Top Four this year.
Jim Rome ripped off Skip Bayless with the "Luckeyes" reference. And that you would put stock into either of those jokers says all we need to know.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:28 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,080,488 times
Luckeyes has been around since I was a kid.

It has been made prevalent since they stole a title from the Canes.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:53 AM

I could care less who said it and when. The whole point being this, it's being said.

Overall record? That counts for something. Strength of schedule? Even moreso.

Michigan State is having a good season. Look for their sos to help them later in the season when these two teams play.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:38 AM

465 posts, read 297,396 times
After last years National Championship win, I said to myself that I am willing to accept a down year. We'll I have changed my mind after seeing The Ohio State handle a good Notre Dame team. This year has been a very hard pill to swallow especially considering the teams remaining. I am not impressed with Clemson (weak team and weak schedule). Alabama is very beatable...I am very confident The Ohio State would whoop that azz, AGAIN!!!! The Buckeye D line and O line would handle both squads. Zeke would run for 200 yards against both. But, all that cant happen because they choked against a sucky Michigan State team. Speaking of them, Northwestern, Iowa and MSU embarrassed the Big Ten. They should be suspended from Big Ten play. WTF was that!!! Finally, Thanks to the team up north for beating the crap out of Florida! Season's over, I am done!

Old 01-02-2016, 11:18 AM

447 posts, read 472,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
After last years National Championship win, I said to myself that I am willing to accept a down year. We'll I have changed my mind after seeing The Ohio State handle a good Notre Dame team. This year has been a very hard pill to swallow especially considering the teams remaining. I am not impressed with Clemson (weak team and weak schedule). Alabama is very beatable...I am very confident The Ohio State would whoop that azz, AGAIN!!!! The Buckeye D line and O line would handle both squads. Zeke would run for 200 yards against both. But, all that cant happen because they choked against a sucky Michigan State team. Speaking of them, Northwestern, Iowa and MSU embarrassed the Big Ten. They should be suspended from Big Ten play. WTF was that!!! Finally, Thanks to the team up north for beating the crap out of Florida! Season's over, I am done!
Delusional until the end, I see. Like most Buckeye fans, you seem to still be butthurt from your Orange Bowl loss to us two years ago. Yes, you guys got a big 'ole chip on your shoulder in last year's postseason about getting no respect and got on a nice little run to the title, congratulations. For you to call our schedule weak is laughable (look in the mirror). Fortunately, the adults in charge of the CFP (the same ones that put you guys in it last year over Baylor and TCU) actually watch all the teams and know something about football. Now go cry in a corner, I've got a trip to Phoenix to get ready for, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football