U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 11:25 PM

3,220 posts, read 3,738,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Having the highest winning percentage in a conference with good teams going downhill fast means zero.

TCU or Baylor would not beat Ohio St, Alabama or Oregon in my opinion. They could have beaten Fla St but none of the other three.

B12 is overrated with only two decent schools with good teams. The rest of the conference is extremely weak and Texas and Oklahoma becoming has beens.

Do not forget Baylor got hammered physically by the 4th best team in the BIG 10 Michigan St.

When the 4th best team in the B10 best what you call the best B12 that tells us something.
Who said anything about MSU being the 4th best team in the b10? Last I checked they are ranked 2nd highest in your conference...? I agree, Baylor wouldnt have beaten OSU, and Oregon/Alabama would be interesting. Texas and Oklahoma will continue to recruit top classes and be back soon enough.. Next year looks to be another run by Baylor and/or TCU though. Maybe one will actually make the playoffs next year.

One could say the b10 is over rated with "only 3 good schools", but that would be as ignorant as what you're spewing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 04:49 PM

13,720 posts, read 25,548,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Meh. Agriculture.. No surprise. Engineering? Doubtful. Pretty sure there are other engineering programs in other power 5 Texas schools better than a&m (Baylor, and UT I would imagine). Much less all the power 5 schools combined.

Agree with pretty much everything else though.
You are not well informed. Baylor ranks nowhere in engineeering. A&M is widely regarded as a top public engineering school. UT is ranked higher. A&M and UT are two of 62 members of a select club - membership in the Association of American Universities - which is a group of leading research universities in the US and Canada.

https://www.aau.edu/about/article.aspx?id=5476

Old 02-04-2015, 02:54 PM

8,389 posts, read 8,381,230 times
I think the Dinky Dozen (Big XII) is about in the right ranking, but could be switched with the Big 10. The SEC & PAC12 could switch either way.

It'll be interesting to see Texas rise in the next few years under Charlie Strong and Oklahoma ease Bob Stoops (AKA Mack Brown 2.0) out. Baylor has peaked, and TCU will make some bigger noises this next season.

Sumlin at A&M desperately has do something better than 4th in the SEC West, no matter how good an offense he has. It remains to be seen if his good OC hire Chavis can change the lousy defensive culture Sumlin is famous for. If he does, then they may become relevant.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:01 PM

2,013 posts, read 2,014,077 times
[quote=chickenfriedbananas;38029565]I would have agreed if Oregon had been beaten so convincingly, but with the PAC just barely having a better winning percentage than the SEC, the next question is, between the two conferences, which one has the *best* teams of the two. I think Alabama's maybe just still a little bit better than Oregon. At this point, maybe it's even Steven.[/quo

They aren't asking the best team, it's the best conference. And I would say hands down from top to bottom it is the Pac-12 conference. The SEC is still obviously very good, but some of the teams aren't as good as their school's reputation.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:32 PM

3,220 posts, read 3,738,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Baylor has peaked
pretty sure Baylor just signed their best class ever?

Old 02-05-2015, 08:12 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
They aren't asking the best team, it's the best conference. And I would say hands down from top to bottom it is the Pac-12 conference. The SEC is still obviously very good, but some of the teams aren't as good as their school's reputation.
You could make an argument for the PAC - won't deny that. But I wouldn't say it's hands-down.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:49 AM

2,013 posts, read 2,014,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
You could make an argument for the PAC - won't deny that. But I wouldn't say it's hands-down.
Yea, your right, not hands down. But I still think the Pac 12 is the best conference from top to bottom.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:42 AM

5,413 posts, read 7,712,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I've got a little joke:

What do five Big Ten graduates at my office call a graduate of the Southeastern Conference?

Boss.

LOL.
I wouldn't brag about managing the garbage crew!

*I kid, I kid...*

Old 02-06-2015, 11:44 AM

5,413 posts, read 7,712,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Funny, my wife's brother is a mathematical genius. He was accepted to all the top Engineering schools- M.I.T, Cal Tech, Stanford, UT, etc. He actually liked A&M's program the best of the lot. Guess it worked out for him as he is now working for Google, as one of the main engineers on Project Wing. I think A&M is pretty highly ranked though-much higher than when he went through the program. Just a quick search has them ranked 8th by US News. However, I totally agree with Chickenfried- those academic rankings can be bogus a lot of the times.

All I care though is I always beat him in Trivial Pursuit. Take that engineer!

That's what I'm talkin' about! Stick it to that Aggie!

Old 02-06-2015, 12:27 PM

8,389 posts, read 8,381,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

That's what I'm talkin' about! Stick it to that Aggie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or