U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 09:14 AM

2,412 posts, read 3,426,235 times

Advertisements

Ohio State Alumni here...but I've been to a lot of places...none compare to the Horse Shoe..which is by far the best in the country...I've been to at least 80 games in that Cathedral of College Football

Others I've been to:

Big Ten:

Penn State: Beaver Stadium (only one that is louder than The Shoe)...been there 3 times
Michigan: The Big House (quietest 110,000 fans in America)...been there 4 times
Michigan State: Spartan Stadium (nothing special)...been there 1 time
Purdue: Ross Ade Stadium (Nobody goes)...been there 2 times
Indiana: Memorial Stadium (Visiting fans take the place over lol)...been there 4 times
Illinois: Memorial Stadium (what a dump)...been there 1 time
Northwestern: Ryan Field (very small, nice neighborhood area though)...been there 2 times
Wisconsin: Camp Randall Stadium (2nd best atmosphere in Big Ten...love the brats and beer...Madison is a great place)...been there 3 times

SEC:
South Carolina: Williams-Brice Stadium (not impressed, seemed smaller than 80K)...been there 2 times
Tennessee: Nehlan Stadium (love the Volunteer Navy, cool atmosphere lousy team)...been there 1 time
Auburn: Jordan Hare Stadium (loudest outside the Big Ten I've been to, not as loud as OSU or PSU though, loved the trees on Toomers Corner and the TPing of them after a win...ashame what that Alabama fan did to them)...been there 1 time

ACC:
NC State: Carter Finley Stadium (very small, nothing notable about it)....been there 1 time
Virginia Tech: Lane Stadium (similar to Indiana's but at least fans show up)...been there 2 times
Clemson: Clemson Memorial Stadium (very steep...love the setting, best stadium in the ACC i'd imagine)..been there 5 times

Big 12:
Texas: Royal Stadium (Nothing special) been there 1 time
West Virginia: Putzer Stadium (small but the rednecks are intimidating when drunk)...been there 1 time

Pac 12:
Washington: Husky Stadium (Prettiest stadium setting in the nation bar none)...been there 1 time
Arizona State: Sun Devil Stadium (2 Fiesta Bowl wins for OSU)...been there 2 times
UCLA: Rose Bowl (2 Rose Bowl Wins for OSU-sunset over the Rose Bowl on New Years Day = amazing)...2 times

New Orleans: Superdome (1st Playoff game agaisnt Alabama, and BCS Title loss to LSU and Sugar Bowl win over Tex A &M)...been there 3 times

I've never wasted time going to small school stadiums.

Wish List to attend:

Nebraska...looks like a smaller version of Ohio Stadium from the TV
Iowa
Georgia
Florida
Alabama
LSU
Texas A & M
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Colorado
USC
Stanford
Oregon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 01:18 PM

5 posts, read 4,775 times
My only option is to go Bloomsburg. That was awesome and I really loved the list. Whatelse would you do rather than watching football?

Old 08-16-2015, 07:56 AM

3,451 posts, read 8,152,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisiadavid View Post
My only option is to go Bloomsburg. That was awesome and I really loved the list. What else would you do rather than watching football?
Thanks for what I think was a compliment. Bloomsburg (both of my parents' alma mater, plus my father is from the town of Bloomsburg) really has been a PSAC power the last number of years. I gave some thought to attending their home playoff game last year the Saturday after Thanksgiving (I think it was against Virginia State), but it was very cold that day and it is probably about a 1:45 drive one-way from my parents' house. (I did watch that game on TV though.)

Old 08-20-2015, 08:23 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,876,057 times
Just a few:

UCLA at the Rose Bowl
USC at Coliseum
UOP at AA Stagg Stadium
Cal Poly at Spanos Stadium
BYU at Lavell Edwards Stadium
TCU at Amon Carter Stadium
Cotton Bowl - BYU/Kansas St

Old 08-22-2015, 08:12 AM

3,806 posts, read 5,199,282 times
I've watched a game at stadiums for the following schools:

Auburn
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Florida
Texas

Old 08-25-2015, 03:45 PM

240 posts, read 248,399 times
Been to:

Texas DKR-Memorial Austin over 100 games
Cotton Bowl Red River shootout 15 games
Rose Bowl 3 times (2 national championships, 1 Rose Bowl)
Superdome (Texas v. Tulane)
Alamodome (Big XII championship)
Cowboys Stadium (Big XII championship)

Want to go:

Army Navy
Ohio State Michigan
Slippery Rock v. anybody

Old 08-25-2015, 04:17 PM

2,056 posts, read 1,970,500 times
places I've been:

Bama (alma mater)
Ole Miss
Auburn
Miss State
UCLA
UAB
The Univ. of North Alabama
Clemson

Would like to go see a game at?
Georgia, and wanting to go this season!
LSU
Oregon
Stanford
Arizona State

Old 08-28-2015, 06:52 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,072,682 times
Been to:
Every SEC East stadium except Mizzou. (USC, UGA, UT, Vandy, UK, UF)
Miss St.
Clempson
UVA
UNC
NC State
Wake Forest

Every SEC stadium was fairly electric with the exception of Vandy. We usually had an equal number of fans as Vandy. UT didn't really impress me much. Yes, they fit 100k in the stadium. But if you only give each fan 10 inches of seat space, you could fit that many in my home stadium. It's old and exiting takes forever. The concourses are really narrow. The most impressive SEC E stadium in my opinion is probably UGA.
As for ACC stadiums I've visited.......with the exception of clempson, they feel a lot like Vandy. Small stadiums, very little tailgating. When we went to UVA, we got there 4 hours before kick off and nobody was there but visiting fans. It wasn't until 30 minutes before game time that people started showing up.

I'd like to go to:

LSU
Auburn
Bama
Notre Dame
OU

Old 08-30-2015, 07:44 PM

7,222 posts, read 8,234,549 times
Quote:
I would love to eventually go to a home game at every SEC stadium. First on my list I think would be Sanford Stadium since Athens is probably my favorite college town. Next would be either LSU or Tennessee.
Well it's not Athens, Baton Rouge, or Knoxville but I might be getting a pair of tickets to see South Carolina host Central Florida in about 4 weeks. Hoping for a late afternoon/night game which has yet to be determined. Would love to go to the LSU game on the 10th of October but you know the saying, beggars cannot be choosers

Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 AM

774 posts, read 651,345 times
Been to
Arkansas both Razorback Stadium and War Memorial
Mississippi St- was just a concrete slab when I went in 2002 but their fans were great
Independence Bow 1991- meh
Cotton Bowl- 1989/1990 that place is a dump
Georgia Dome not for football
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or