U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 11:41 AM

8,545 posts, read 8,872,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This was a bad day for the SEC. How long will we have to hear about those two teams?? The Jax st. thing was an almost, as Auburn did win the game. Arkansas needs to hang their heads in shame tonight. This is remeniscant of the whole Michigan Appalachian state thing. Arkansas might have just trashed their season. I wonder how far they will drop in ranking for this??

You wonder how far? OUT. thats how far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 12:44 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,472,347 times
Tell me if Ole Miss is really that good, or if they have just been playing inferior opponents.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:16 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,079,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Ok, Oregon fan here. Can we just get some real A list coaches, drop this tempo stuff and get some world class Football players. Honestly, it was fun to watch, but with Oregons clout and Phil knights influence, should be able to get some world class athletes in Eugene and maybe actually WIN the Natty. Enough Tempo already, it does not work against smash mouth football defense. I have watched this experiment for 5 years now. If we are never going to win it all with this...time for change.
Wow. Oregon has been massively overachieving for 5 years now, and people want to run the system out of town?

Old 09-14-2015, 08:55 AM

225 posts, read 441,734 times
I don't think anyone in the SEC West will come out undefeated in that division and obviously there were some extremely overrated teams. Tennessee should't have dropped out the Top 25 but the hype on them is legit. The Pac-12 definitely took a hit. The way Clemson and FSU's schedule line up, if they take care of business then the winner of that game will definitely be in the playoff. Ohio State will definitely watch out for Michigan State and Michigan will play spoiler.

Top 7 teams as of this past weekend. 1)Ohio State 2)Alabama 3)Michigan State 4)TCU 5)Baylor 6)Florida State 7)Clemson

Old 09-14-2015, 10:23 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,524,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Wow. Oregon has been massively overachieving for 5 years now, and people want to run the system out of town?
Probably not, I am probably the only one I know that wants an overhaul. I really appreciate the fun that Chip Kelly brought to my team but... I just think that with our facility being the best in the nation, Eugene's awesome climate, our winning record (which should include 2 championships) we can get the best recruits. We can't get Alabama or Ohio State quality recruits because the athletes know we don't put very many people in the NFL. I thought our system was the absolute best for years, but after last years loss...following 2 losses to Stanford...the loss to LSU and of course the heartbreak loss to Auburn, I am willing to admit that what we have just will never reach the top. I am sure no one will agree but I would rather see the ducks lose 4 or 5 games while we transmission to smash mouth football, offense and defense. We need the kind of football that the NFL is looking for. I really drank the high octain offense with so so defense game plan Kool aide for years. Then I watched the Sea Hawks in the superbowl play what was called the "Best offense in NFL history" and beat them by 30 pus points. I am now at the opinion that smash mouth defense is the only way the Ducks are going to get over. Still, it was alot of fun...its a shame we can't have both. Wonder if Urban Meyer ever thought about how beautiful it is in the Pacific NW???

Old 09-14-2015, 10:35 AM

6,564 posts, read 12,303,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
They do not understand that the term 'natty' offends the football gods. It is for describing a cheap, lousy beer that no one in a town with Ninkasi should ever drink to begin with.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:56 AM

8,545 posts, read 8,872,905 times
Quote:
Probably not, I am probably the only one I know that wants an overhaul. I really appreciate the fun that Chip Kelly brought to my team but... I just think that with our facility being the best in the nation, Eugene's awesome climate, our winning record (which should include 2 championships) we can get the best recruits. We can't get Alabama or Ohio State quality recruits because the athletes know we don't put very many people in the NFL. I thought our system was the absolute best for years, but after last years loss...following 2 losses to Stanford...the loss to LSU and of course the heartbreak loss to Auburn, I am willing to admit that what we have just will never reach the top. I am sure no one will agree but I would rather see the ducks lose 4 or 5 games while we transmission to smash mouth football, offense and defense. We need the kind of football that the NFL is looking for. I really drank the high octain offense with so so defense game plan Kool aide for years. Then I watched the Sea Hawks in the superbowl play what was called the "Best offense in NFL history" and beat them by 30 pus points. I am now at the opinion that smash mouth defense is the only way the Ducks are going to get over. Still, it was alot of fun...its a shame we can't have both. Wonder if Urban Meyer ever thought about how beautiful it is in the Pacific NW???

Nobody feels sorry for you.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:49 PM

225 posts, read 441,734 times
Quote:
The problem with Oregon isn't its offensive system. Its more of the fact that can your defense hold up when Oregon's offense is not putting up 40 pts. The 2010 National Championship is probably the best game Oregon's defense played in when the offense wasn't as effective. The problem with that game is that Auburn just made the plays they needed to win. People might want to point to the CFB playoff game against FSU, but FSU was moving the ball the entire game, the problem is that they gave up 3 fumbles and a pick in which Oregon had a short field and put up points quick in which FSU players gave up after being down a good bit.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Nobody feels sorry for you.
HA HA, I don't want you to fill sorry for me...just wondering if anybody agrees with my assessment?

Old 09-14-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
They do not understand that the term 'natty' offends the football gods. It is for describing a cheap, lousy beer that no one in a town with Ninkasi should ever drink to begin with.
er...OK, no more Natty, Gotcha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or