U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 01:31 PM

8,531 posts, read 8,869,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
HA HA, I don't want you to fill sorry for me...just wondering if anybody agrees with my assessment?

The fact they lost 2 title games, doesnt mean they cant win with that system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 01:42 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,523,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The fact they lost 2 title games, doesnt mean they cant win with that system.
Um well, maybe not the 1st one against Auburn, Could have won that one, as Auburn did not have a SEC typical defense, but once they faced LSU, and then Stanford twice, both with strong smash mouth defense, it started to become more apparent. After watching Ohio St vs Oregon...a game that I would have put money on that Oregon was going to run away with..I am no longer in denial. I want to see more recruiting on all American defensive players. I want to see a college version of the Legion of Boom. We can attract those players, we just keep going after this high octane gimmick. Last year the biggest reason we reached the final was our once in a lifetime QB.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:21 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,078,714 times
Quote:
Um well, maybe not the 1st one against Auburn, Could have won that one, as Auburn did not have a SEC typical defense, but once they faced LSU, and then Stanford twice, both with strong smash mouth defense, it started to become more apparent. After watching Ohio St vs Oregon...a game that I would have put money on that Oregon was going to run away with..I am no longer in denial. I want to see more recruiting on all American defensive players. I want to see a college version of the Legion of Boom. We can attract those players, we just keep going after this high octane gimmick. Last year the biggest reason we reached the final was our once in a lifetime QB.
What makes you think Oregon can just snap their fingers and get those kids from USC or UCLA? I thinks its more than a coincidence that Oregon's 5 year run, coincided with USC's probation.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:27 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times
Quote:
With all due respect, you actually do speak much truth, but you're currently allowing yourself to wallow in needless depression. Yes, the Ducks are missing Mariota, but the good news is that Oregon can still do good things.

However, I seriously doubt that current coach Mark Helfrich will listen to any current call for change in the system. He's a disciple of Chip Kelly who is/was a disciple of the college high-octane offense. It's difficult to say in which direction Chip is headed in the NFL, but we'll see more in tonight's Monday Night Football (09/14/15)!

Old 09-14-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
What makes you think Oregon can just snap their fingers and get those kids from USC or UCLA? I thinks its more than a coincidence that Oregon's 5 year run, coincided with USC's probation.
LOL who said anything about wanting those recruites... Oregon can beat those schools in MOST years (probably not this year) but in general Oregon can compete with those schools win or lose. I really hope Oregon can attract the 1st stringers that end up in top performing (athletic wise) SEC schools...and of course anything that Urban Meyer deems fit for his team. Once again, I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I love my nearly great Ducks no matter what.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:12 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,078,714 times
Quote:
LOL who said anything about wanting those recruites... Oregon can beat those schools in MOST years (probably not this year) but in general Oregon can compete with those schools win or lose. I really hope Oregon can attract the 1st stringers that end up in top performing (athletic wise) SEC schools...and of course anything that Urban Meyer deems fit for his team. Once again, I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I love my nearly great Ducks no matter what.
Any one of Eddie Vanderdoes, Kenny Clark or Antwaun Woods would give Oregon size they need against Midwest or SEC teams. All of the went to the LA schools; a trend that will continue.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:18 PM

75 posts, read 45,337 times
I think Michigan St. takes care of Air Force 35-13 and my upset of the week Ole Miss beats Alabama 42-35.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Any one of Eddie Vanderdoes, Kenny Clark or Antwaun Woods would give Oregon size they need against Midwest or SEC teams. All of the went to the LA schools; a trend that will continue.
Its because we were not looking for that. We keep recruiting for "Tempo". Hopefully next year we will start recruiting those guys.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:02 AM

75 posts, read 45,337 times
Florida State didn't look to good last night and it was nice to see Flutie's nephew on the field.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:41 AM

8,531 posts, read 8,869,462 times
Upsets I Hope to see:

Miss over Alabama
BYU over UCLA
GT over ND
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or