U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2015, 06:50 PM

397 posts, read 307,841 times

Advertisements

I am more than a little disappointed with the AP poll. Utah (that win over Michigan is looking better and better) and Clemson deserve way more credit, while other teams, like Michigan State are getting way too much credit.

My gripe is not so much with the top 10, though, as much as it does with the stretch between 10 and 20. Seeing Ole Miss where it is sets my blood aboil. I am not saying they are a bad team, but let's remember what happened last year. I feel like every year we find some way to make the SEC look better than it is.

I would love to see Baylor versus let's say Florida. The analysts were falling over themselves to praise Florida's speedy and athletic defense, yet most of Florida's opponents have had horribly uninspired offenses (Blake Kemp is no longer ECU's starter, for those at home keeping score.) Chad Kelly pales in comparison to Seth Russell, and with Cannon and Coleman, I have a feeling that "speedy" defense would be quickly exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 12:15 PM

968 posts, read 1,525,834 times
I live about an hour from Clemson - and the weather really was "as bad" as all it was hyped - kudos to both teams for being able to score as much as they did and Clemson/ND fans impressed me with their loyalty in packing the stadium!

Old 10-07-2015, 05:49 AM

75 posts, read 45,392 times
Quite a few undefeated and one loss teams teams left, it will be interesting to see who are the contenders and who are the pretenders now that we are into the conference schedules. I'm really looking forward to the Indiana vs Penn St. and Northwestern vs Michigan games.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:22 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
Quite a few undefeated and one loss teams teams left, it will be interesting to see who are the contenders and who are the pretenders now that we are into the conference schedules. I'm really looking forward to the Indiana vs Penn St. and Northwestern vs Michigan games.
Me too. The sad part is Northwestern-Michigan, instead of being on ESPN, is on BTN. Instead, ESPN is broadcasting Minnesota-Purdue. Really?!

Old 10-07-2015, 08:20 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,126,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Me too. The sad part is Northwestern-Michigan, instead of being on ESPN, is on BTN. Instead, ESPN is broadcasting Minnesota-Purdue. Really?!
That's puzzling. I'd expect that a much larger audience would be available for the NW-Michigan game, but it must have already been scheduled before anyone knew what the current strengths of teams would be.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:41 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,080,488 times
Quote:
As a Michigan fan, good, I prefer BTN. If the game were on ESPN, I'm sure we'd get stuck with Dave Pasch the doofus. He yammers on all game about utter nonsense, and if he isn't yukking it up he's questioning all the play calls.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:09 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
As a Michigan fan, good, I prefer BTN. If the game were on ESPN, I'm sure we'd get stuck with Dave Pasch the doofus. He yammers on all game about utter nonsense, and if he isn't yukking it up he's questioning all the play calls.
Ah, now I know why. Northwestern-Michigan will get good announcers, and Minnesota-Purdue gets the doofus. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2015, 11:54 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,126,454 times
Quote:
Ah, now I know why. Northwestern-Michigan will get good announcers, and Minnesota-Purdue gets the doofus. Thanks!
Hey, whatever works!

Old 10-08-2015, 08:54 AM

3,416 posts, read 3,224,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
I live about an hour from Clemson - and the weather really was "as bad" as all it was hyped - kudos to both teams for being able to score as much as they did and Clemson/ND fans impressed me with their loyalty in packing the stadium!
We were supposed to be at that game to cheer on the Irish. I give kudos to the fans that made the drive and showed up in that awful weather. It was a tough loss but ND never gave up and they could have but they didn't.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:05 AM

75 posts, read 45,392 times
Some great conference match ups today. I'll take Northwesten over Michigan 24-17 and Indiana over Penn St. 30-24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or