U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 08:15 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,855,399 times

Advertisements

My top 10 would be:

1) Baylor
2) LSU
3) Ohio St.
4) Stanford
5) Alabama
6) Utah
7) Clemson
8) TCU
9) Michigan St.
10) Florida St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 10:06 AM

3,192 posts, read 6,351,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
When is the TCU/Baylor game?? That's probably gonna be the game of the year
61-58......The Sequel!

Old 10-20-2015, 12:04 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,855,399 times
I think this season Baylor is a much better team than TCU.

Baylor by 17.

EDIT:

In fact, I'll take it a step further and say TCU will already have taken a loss on their record when they play @ Oklahoma. Which will make this game not quite as big.

Last edited by chadgates; 10-20-2015 at 12:38 PM..

Old 10-21-2015, 07:30 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Get used to it, I had to listen to broadcasters pronounce Mariota: Merry-ota for 3 years....annoying but there are worse things to worry about.
Oh, I agree!!!

There was a terrific article a beat writer wrote that was very powerful. While she starts about football, she quickly expands it to life. Of course I'd have trouble finding it right now. I'll post it when I can, it is worth the read.

In the interim, Utah has now lost our two starting WR due to injury. Coach Whitt is playing true Freshman at those positions. What a chance to learn......

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 10-21-2015 at 07:42 PM..

Old 10-21-2015, 07:58 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,786,112 times
This Saturday is pretty boring, but you never know. Gameday is live from James Madison University because that's how exciting this weekends match ups are.

I did find this Monday morning quarterbacking from Hoke amusing though.

Quote:
Former Michigan Football coach Brady Hoke said given the situation, he would not have punted on 4th down vs Michigan State Spartans football.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...s?sf14390841=1

Last edited by WeHa; 10-21-2015 at 08:10 PM..

Old 10-21-2015, 08:09 PM

Oops, I forgot this. While searching for the very powerful *life lessons* article I found a couple I haven't added. Usually the beat writers name what NFL Scouts were at games. We know at least eight different teams have scouted Booker. What is great is those Scouts can see Goff from Cal or other really good players from both teams. But the NFL Report was replaced last week by the Rosebowl officials in attendance. Utah football: Rose Bowl casts interested eye on Utes | The Salt Lake Tribune

Also, I may have posted this here, but don't think I did. The game that concerns me most, in some ways, is Oregon State. Most do not realize Coach Whitt's OC and DC left last year. Kyle almost walked too, but that is a different story. I think Utah needs a new A.D. The current Co-Coaches have only been in place since spring.

Some wonder why Travis Wilson is *suddenly* so much better this year. Basically, he isn't, it's just that he can now show the US what the coaches and teammates have seen for years. There are other reasons too, including his volunteer work with children whow have cancer cancer. It put his brain aneurysm more in perspective for him.

The other huge factor is who is coaching Wilson now. I'm not going to write more about a former Coordinator at Utah who now coaches at OSU. I'M certain he would love to beat the Utes! If there was any doubt, check this out. Crowton was head Coach at BYU, 50 miles south of Utah.

Gary Crowton, longtime college football coach and former Oregon Ducks offensive coordinator, joins Oregon State Beavers staff as offensive consultant | OregonLive.com Now it looks like Crowton will be a special consultant for OSU.

MSR

Old 10-21-2015, 10:48 PM

I found the article. Please read it. This journalist has waited two decades to write some of her deeper thoughts. Substitute your favorite team, if need be. This life lesson is worth the read, IMO.

Amy Donaldson: Britain Covey's failed end zone pass and other risky plays are nothing to be afraid of | Deseret News

MSR

Old 10-22-2015, 04:26 PM

75 posts, read 45,438 times
I'm pulling for Miami to clip Clemson by 6 and Michigan St. over Indiana by 10.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:52 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,019,991 times
Temple won on Thursday, so it looks like GameDay might be going to the Notre Dame-Temple game next week.

Good job Memphis on beating Tulsa to go to 7-0. I hope you don't pull a Marshall and lose the last game of your regular season.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:45 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,786,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Temple won on Thursday, so it looks like GameDay might be going to the Notre Dame-Temple game next week.

Good job Memphis on beating Tulsa to go to 7-0. I hope you don't pull a Marshall and lose the last game of your regular season.
I sure hope so! I'll be at the game and I already know what my sign is going to be. Haven't been to an ESPN Gameday in a few years. Can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or