U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 09:28 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,155,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
Cougs up by 1, with 2 mins left, stanford on wsu 4.

One last chance for wsu.

Its horrible.
I sure thought Waazzu had that one. I'm sad they didn't. But, Stanford dropped one spot because of how well WSU played.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 09:39 PM

Congrats to the Pac-12 Teams that won and almost won (WSU).

Washington creamed AZ. Nice job.

I was hoping CAL would have beat USC, but no luck with that. Honorable mention to CO for taking it to UCLA.

As the Utes prepare for the Huskeys, we have a lot of injuries. This is the part I really dislike about football. Papers were completed and submitted this past week to red shirt some starters. I think it's now six starters who are out. I know it's all part of the game. I don't remember any season at Utah where both TE, both Captain's of the dominate defense and two others were out by Nov. 1. Then there were the two who were stabbed.

I'm not sure what will happen when Utah plays Washington. But I sure hope no more injuries!

MSR - Loyal UTE Fan and Alumni

Old 11-02-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
Oregon kept their PAC 12 championship hopes alive with a shootout win over ASU and some controversy

Oregon Ducks beat Arizona State Sun Devils in triple OT - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN
Technically yes. But that hope for a championship goes through some tough teams. Two more weeks will tell us a lot more.

MSR

Old 11-02-2015, 09:42 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Memo to fans...NEVER TURN OFF FOOTBALL GAME UNTIL 00:00!

I turned it off in disgust with 0:06 left and came back 10 min later to find out they won after yelling in the house about how they lost!!!
The Miami play would've been much more impressive had the rules of football been upheld. Blocks in the back, knee down, non-reviewable plays reviewed, illegal man on the field...it still looks cool if you pretend it was legal.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:45 AM

75 posts, read 45,382 times
What do you folks think the 1st CFP rankings will be? It's hard to predict what this committee will do but here is my best guess. Great slate of games this weekend.

1. Ohio St.
2. Baylor
3. Clemson
4. Michigan St.
5. LSU
6. TCU
7. Alabama
8. Notre Dame

Old 11-03-2015, 07:00 AM

988 posts, read 1,193,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
What do you folks think the 1st CFP rankings will be? It's hard to predict what this committee will do but here is my best guess. Great slate of games this weekend.

1. Ohio St.
2. Baylor
3. Clemson
4. Michigan St.
5. LSU
6. TCU
7. Alabama
8. Notre Dame
No way with the media doesn't have an SEC school in the top 4. It will be something Like 1. Ohio State 2. Clemson 3. LSU 4. TCU or some order of that if I had to guess. I know its a selection done by committee but they won't allow and the media won't allow an SEC school not to be in there.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:05 AM

988 posts, read 1,193,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
The Miami play would've been much more impressive had the rules of football been upheld. Blocks in the back, knee down, non-reviewable plays reviewed, illegal man on the field...it still looks cool if you pretend it was legal.
No review of block in the back they huddled for that and said it didn't happen, illegal man on the field would be a sideline warning, and a dead ball foul and would have been enforced on kick of or PAT if either needed to take place. So the only true gripe is a block in the back way back on the miami 15 which yes I agree was, and the knee down. Did he have full control of the ball when the knee hit, because if not then it was a fumble and recovered by Miami and the played continued. That is the thing people don't understand, when the ball is moving before the player hits the ground and the ball comes out it is a fumble. Sure the ACC is mad so are fans and media, but as a ranked team at home vs a back up qb, back up lb's, and an interim head coach you shouldn't have let it come to that. The refs were terrible all game period.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:56 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,490,735 times
I'd go with
1) Ohio State
2) Baylor
3) LSU
4) Clemson
with the next 4
----
5) TCU
6) Michigan State
7) Alabama
8) Michigan State

Old 11-03-2015, 02:01 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,762,066 times
you must really like Michigan State .. HA !

Old 11-03-2015, 03:18 PM

75 posts, read 45,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
No way with the media doesn't have an SEC school in the top 4. It will be something Like 1. Ohio State 2. Clemson 3. LSU 4. TCU or some order of that if I had to guess. I know its a selection done by committee but they won't allow and the media won't allow an SEC school not to be in there.
While I agree the committee will make every attempt to have the final rankings include a representative from 4 of the power 5 conferences I don't see the likelihood or the importance of it happening tonight. Looking forward to the the TCU vs OSU match up, should be a shootout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or