U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 04:16 PM

500 posts, read 382,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
What do you folks think the 1st CFP rankings will be? It's hard to predict what this committee will do but here is my best guess. Great slate of games this weekend.

1. Ohio St.
2. Baylor
3. Clemson
4. Michigan St.
5. LSU
6. TCU
7. Alabama
8. Notre Dame
Your #2 is shaky right now. Need to see a game with their second string QB. They also have the meat of their schedule in this last part of the season. If the QB falters, then Baylor tumbles hard.

The rest are going to shake out in the laundry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 05:22 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,766,301 times
everybody missed it bad .. i would have too ...bama and lsu in the top 4 ..

Old 11-03-2015, 05:28 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,809,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
everybody missed it bad .. i would have too ...bama and lsu in the top 4 ..
Not for long. One of them has to lose this weekend.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:39 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,786,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Not for long. One of them has to lose this weekend.
Yupp. Kind of makes this a wasted week since the result of the game will cause changes.

A bit shocked ND is at #5, even as a fan lol. Though I do believe if the committee makes a non-power 5 pick it'd be Notre Dame.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:03 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,501,201 times
Alabama at #4 is a joke! They lost AT HOME to a team that lost to Memphis by double digits. The SEC homerism is beyond disgusting!

Old 11-03-2015, 06:36 PM

500 posts, read 382,842 times
It is all going to change, drastically. Most of the teams have big games still ahead of them.

The Baylor tears are flowing hard and they are pissed! The Big 12 does none of their teams any favors! No championship game and too many teams that are weak. Sure, some of them have some great years.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:32 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
It is all going to change, drastically. Most of the teams have big games still ahead of them.

The Baylor tears are flowing hard and they are pissed! The Big 12 does none of their teams any favors! No championship game and too many teams that are weak. Sure, some of them have some great years.
Given every Big 12 team plays each other, they do not need to have a title game. If either TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, or Oklahoma State finish with 1 loss (that team would win the conference title) they deserve to be in the playoffs. That team would certainly deserve to be in over Notre Dame.

At least TCU, for example, is scheduling true road games against non-conference teams. Home and home with Ohio State, California, Colorado and Arkansas coming up in the next several years.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:24 AM

11,787 posts, read 13,380,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Alabama at #4 is a joke! They lost AT HOME to a team that lost to Memphis by double digits. The SEC homerism is beyond disgusting!
Yeah I could barely drive to work this morning with all the hater tears flowing all over the road.

Alabama has to win out still.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:51 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,019,991 times
Default Week 10 College Football Predictions

All right. Another day, Another week of college football predictions. Here are this week's picks.

Baylor vs. Kansas State
Mississippi State vs. Missouri
Penn State vs. Northwestern
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia
Duke vs. North Carolina
Vanderbilt vs. Florida
Kentucky vs. Georgia
Notre Dame vs. Pittsburgh
Stanford vs. Colorado
Florida State vs. Clemson
Arkansas vs. Ole Miss
Arizona State vs. Washington State
Iowa vs. Indiana
TCU vs. Oklahoma State
South Carolina vs. Tennessee
Michigan State vs. Nebraska
Utah vs. Washington
Auburn vs. Texas A&M
LSU vs. Alabama
Minnesota vs. Ohio State
Arizona vs. USC

I'll start with mine.
Baylor vs. Kansas State (This is the last easy win Baylor has before they get to the meat of their schedule.)
Mississippi State vs. Missouri (Mizzou's offense is garbage.)
Penn State vs. Northwestern (It was hard to decide a winner for this game.)
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia (I think Tech gets another win.)
Duke vs. North Carolina (Like Penn State-Northwestern, It was hard to decide a winner.)
Vanderbilt vs. Florida (Sorry Vandy, but your chances to spoil are little to none. Florida wins the East.)
Kentucky vs. Georgia (Sorry Georgia fans, But your football team right now is bad.)
Notre Dame vs. Pittsburgh (I think Notre Dame escapes this in a close one.)
Stanford vs. Colorado (I expect Stanford should win.)
Florida State vs. Clemson (I think Clemson wins, But a win by FSU wouldn't surprise me. Remember 2013?)
Arkansas vs. Ole Miss (I think Ole Miss will win today, And if Alabama loses, They've kept the Tide out of Atlanta.)
Arizona State vs. Washington State (I think Wazzu will get their 6th win and bowl eligibility.)
Iowa vs. Indiana (It's Indiana.)
TCU vs. Oklahoma State (Pokes won a basketball shootout last Saturday in Lubbock. Could they do it again, depending on how the score goes? I think they'll beat TCU, But i don't know what the score will be.)
South Carolina vs. Tennessee (Carolina football is not good right now.)
Michigan State vs. Nebraska (Nebraska just got beat by, of all teams, Purdue.)
Utah vs. Washington (I really don't think Utah is all that good, and i think they were just a flash in the pan.)
Auburn vs. Texas A&M (Auburn blows this year. A&M notches their 7th win of the year.)
LSU vs. Alabama (The Tide have blown at home this year. And the fact that Fournette is a beast, I think LSU wins...in a close one.)
Minnesota vs. Ohio State (Buckeyes pull the win out of their ass...again!)
Arizona vs. USC (You seriously want me to pick a team that lost by 46 to Washington?)

Old 11-04-2015, 02:59 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,855,399 times
Baylor vs. Kansas State
Mississippi State vs. Missouri
Penn State vs. Northwestern
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia
Duke vs. North Carolina
Vanderbilt vs. Florida
Kentucky vs. Georgia
Notre Dame vs. Pittsburgh
Stanford vs. Colorado
Florida State vs. Clemson
Arkansas vs. Ole Miss
Arizona State vs. Washington State
Iowa vs. Indiana
TCU vs. Oklahoma State
South Carolina vs. Tennessee
Michigan State vs. Nebraska
Utah vs. Washington
Auburn vs. Texas A&M
LSU vs. Alabama
Minnesota vs. Ohio State
Arizona vs. USC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or